Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

777 Is it still for sale in your state?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
United States
Member #1436
April 28, 2003
628 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2007, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Gone in N.C. & S.C.   

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10348 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2007, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

Somehwere here on LP this was explained before, but here goes my stab at the explanation.

The states with Pick 3 and Pick 4 have a certain amount set aside as a daily maximum payoff for any number (number meaning a 3 or 4 digit nmber, 777 is 'a' number, same for 7707).

So since on a day like this an awful lot of people are playing it, that lottery will only allow a certain number of tickets playing that number to be sold, just in case it hits.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2007, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't be surprised if they're sold out in FL.  I mentioned before that today there will be more weddings than any day in recent years.  Not 100% sure if that's true, but that's what I was told.  Not sure if I can post this link, but everyone all around the country has the same idea.

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/lucky-7s-saturdays-date-july-7-2007/n20070705164209990009

Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
        North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
        United States
        Member #1436
        April 28, 2003
        628 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2007, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Somehwere here on LP this was explained before, but here goes my stab at the explanation.

The states with Pick 3 and Pick 4 have a certain amount set aside as a daily maximum payoff for any number (number meaning a 3 or 4 digit nmber, 777 is 'a' number, same for 7707).

So since on a day like this an awful lot of people are playing it, that lottery will only allow a certain number of tickets playing that number to be sold, just in case it hits.

I already knew why it was sold out, just wondered how many states it had sold out in. Thanks anyway coin toss!!

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2007, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Gone in N.C. & S.C.   

Gone in Wisconsin. They stop when a combo reaches a 3 million dollar potential liability to the lottery.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19823 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2007, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

In most states the limit is always there for every combination every day, it just that players don't hear about it until a bunch of them play the same number on the same day.  Some days certain numbers hit that limit and no one knows why, the number could be unique to a certain day and area like 911 in NY on Sept 11, I don't think it ever sold out in Ohio.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10348 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2007, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I already knew why it was sold out, just wondered how many states it had sold out in. Thanks anyway coin toss!!

Oh, my mistake Pick3forSC...

I was going by your post and forgot WTF was your sig!

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.