Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What would you do? 2nd jackpot.

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 9 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #26330
November 16, 2005
330 Posts
Posted: July 11, 2007, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Many lottery winners have stated in their press release that they will continue to play the lottery.  If you were so lucky to win a large jackpot,  and then a second one what would you do with the second jackpot?  Would you Invest it, Spend it on things you didn't buy with your first jackpot, Give the ticket to family member/friend, or give to a charity?  I would probably give the whole thing to a charity.  Because if I won a large jackpot (100 million plus) I don't think I would need any more, and also I wouldn't want to draw any more media attention to myself.  CNN and other channels would have a field day with the story. How about yourself??

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: July 11, 2007, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Funny you should post this, Peter.  I had that "fantasy dream" only last week.  If I won a lot of money the first time and could live well off of it, I would probably give the second ticket to one of my sisters.

Westerose
      Canada
      Member #52915
      June 15, 2007
      189 Posts
      Posted: July 11, 2007, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

Many lottery winners have stated in their press release that they will continue to play the lottery.  If you were so lucky to win a large jackpot,  and then a second one what would you do with the second jackpot?  Would you Invest it, Spend it on things you didn't buy with your first jackpot, Give the ticket to family member/friend, or give to a charity?  I would probably give the whole thing to a charity.  Because if I won a large jackpot (100 million plus) I don't think I would need any more, and also I wouldn't want to draw any more media attention to myself.  CNN and other channels would have a field day with the story. How about yourself??

If I won a second Jackpot it would be because the first one wasn't big enough for what my wife and I dream about doing with a lottery type windfall.

If the jackpot was big enough the first time around I wouldn't play again.

I would give none to charity because saying I would give money to charity is against my beliefs on laws of attraction.

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1955 Posts
        Posted: July 11, 2007, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Well my goal is to be a billionaire, so if I hadn't accomplished that goal by the time of the 2nd win I would probably keep most of it and invest it. I'd give some to my family.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: July 11, 2007, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

There's a lady in New Jersey, I think it was, who hit the jackpot twice, and today lives in a mobile home, on her social security. 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2659 Posts
            Posted: July 12, 2007, 8:43 am - IP Logged

Hiding Behind Computer

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
              Illinois
              United States
              Member #46704
              September 23, 2006
              3692 Posts
              Posted: July 12, 2007, 9:05 am - IP Logged

There's a lady in New Jersey, I think it was, who hit the jackpot twice, and today lives in a mobile home, on her social security. 

Thud

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
                Illinois
                United States
                Member #46704
                September 23, 2006
                3692 Posts
                Posted: July 12, 2007, 9:11 am - IP Logged

I have thought about that myself and although not quite sure what I would do with the money

I do know the second time around I would take the annuity

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

NY
                  United States
                  Member #23835
                  October 16, 2005
                  3475 Posts
                  Posted: July 12, 2007, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

The world is full of people who have blown their first, second, third and fourth chances. Very few people get two chances with the lottery, but the people who win are just like everyone else. Some will handle it well, and some won't. I can't really imagine doing it, but I at least see a difference between blowing two $1 million wins and blowing two bigger wins. You really have to have some very bad luck or very bad decision making skills to blow $2 million or more unless you have a lot more than that.

If I were so lucky as to win 2 jackpots, what I'd do with the second would depend on the size of the first.  If the first was enough to satisfy my reasonable fantasies I'd use the second for more charitable causes. Here in reality I'm far less likely than others to win multiple jackpots, because if I won a first I wouldn't be very likely to continue playing. I might  buy a few tickets for the huge ones, but I certainly wouldn't play regularly.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5124 Posts
                    Posted: July 12, 2007, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

sounds G@@D to........... PSYKOMO LoviesLoveLovies...................LoverLoverSulk Off

YOU ONLY LIVE>>>>>>

...."TWICE"....$$$$

JACKPOT

PSYKOMO

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                      Magnolia, Delaware
                      United States
                      Member #18795
                      July 20, 2005
                      789 Posts
                      Posted: July 13, 2007, 10:15 am - IP Logged

Winning the lottery a second time is just that wining it again! Every bit of the money will remain mine and no one else would get one plum nickle of it (with the exception of Uncle Sam of course)! The first jackpot (100 million) I won, I would've taken care of who and what charities I thought should be taken care of the first time around........... end of story!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: July 13, 2007, 10:20 am - IP Logged

I'd do the same thing most everybody else would: spend some, invest some, give some to charity through my Foundation, that's about it.