Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is this true?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 10 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Brazil
Member #51781
April 24, 2007
384 Posts
Posted: July 14, 2007, 10:31 am - IP Logged

That in the United States of America it is illegal to use mechanical or electronical means to make playslips?

Like photocopying the play cards or printing the code into regular paper? I know that in most countries there is copyright issues , but most places don't care enough about the play cards only the official tickets.

Countries like Canada , Australia , U.K. , Brasil use a play slip card that has a combination option. It is possible to cover more numbers into a specific number or draws. 

Anyway , a person don't "need" a play slip card to play. Only the "numbers" are required.

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3501 Posts
    Posted: July 14, 2007, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Lotteries generally prohibit playslips that have been produced mechanically. That's to prevent  a lottery syndicate from producing slips that methodically use every possible combination in an attempt to guarantee a win.

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: July 14, 2007, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

I don't think the betslips have much credence. It's the ticket that counts. Now if you're talking about counterfeiting the ticket, then yes, but i don't think the betslip matters.

As long as the machine can read the choices on the betslip, it's fine. I don't know for a fact, just basic reasoning here...lol

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19901 Posts
        Posted: July 15, 2007, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Lotteries generally prohibit playslips that have been produced mechanically. That's to prevent  a lottery syndicate from producing slips that methodically use every possible combination in an attempt to guarantee a win.

Also some years ago when a group attempted to play all the possible combinations in a Virgina lottery, they took over three 7-11 stores to use their terminals and Virgina and other states came up with rules that prevent one person/group controlling a terminal for long periods of time.

You seldom see lottery jackpots that are bigger than the cost of all their possible combinations.  Ohio Rolling Cash5 with 575757 possible combinations has a jackpot of $622K but this doesn't happen very often.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3114 Posts
          Posted: July 15, 2007, 12:47 am - IP Logged

You never want to put yourself in the position where the lottery has the power to reject your claim, such as telling them your twelve year old child bought the ticket in an attempt to reduce taxes on the prize = no prize it was illegal for them to play.  The only way the lottery is going to know you printed your own play slip is if you tell them.  Which begs the question: What seemingly innocent questions might the lottery ask winners?  BobP

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8395 Posts
            Posted: July 15, 2007, 1:48 am - IP Logged

you don't need to print your own play slips you can get just about any retailer to get you a box of play slips. Scan the play slip and with your own program or some store bought program load your slips like you would envelopes in your printer and print till you run out of ink.

Westerose
              Canada
              Member #52915
              June 15, 2007
              189 Posts
              Posted: July 15, 2007, 1:59 am - IP Logged

You never want to put yourself in the position where the lottery has the power to reject your claim, such as telling them your twelve year old child bought the ticket in an attempt to reduce taxes on the prize = no prize it was illegal for them to play.  The only way the lottery is going to know you printed your own play slip is if you tell them.  Which begs the question: What seemingly innocent questions might the lottery ask winners?  BobP

This is why you contract an attorney to go with you to claim your prize. Anytime people see an attorney is involved they are less likely to piddle around with stupid little questions trying to trip someone up.  Like say that your 12 year old gave you the numbers but you bought the ticket.... yeah they might try to make a deal out of that as well.

An attorney can step in during awkward questions and say stuff like "they're just trying to make sense of all of this" "they're in a state of pleasant shock still, you would be too" *laughs from the audience* all is smoothed over.

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19901 Posts
                Posted: July 15, 2007, 2:14 am - IP Logged

you don't need to print your own play slips you can get just about any retailer to get you a box of play slips. Scan the play slip and with your own program or some store bought program load your slips like you would envelopes in your printer and print till you run out of ink.

Stores must be different in your area, stores in my area run out of play slips all the time and don't seem to care about restocking them in a timely manner let alone giving a box of them away.  Whenever I've mentioned it I'm told "sorry we're out". I alway take a few extra ones when they do restock to maintain my stock at home because it could be a week or three before they restock.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8395 Posts
                  Posted: July 15, 2007, 3:03 am - IP Logged

Stores must be different in your area, stores in my area run out of play slips all the time and don't seem to care about restocking them in a timely manner let alone giving a box of them away.  Whenever I've mentioned it I'm told "sorry we're out". I alway take a few extra ones when they do restock to maintain my stock at home because it could be a week or three before they restock.

I go to a local tavern near me and a few other places. I see the people who bring them in i had asked a while back about getting a box just to get a response. No problem when do you want them he said.

Stores get them for free from the lottery if your area stores don't stock a few boxes of each type then they must not be interested in doing so.

Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find.  

You might ask when they are getting another delivery and be there when they come if their dropped of like from a van or truck then ask the people whom deliver them for a box.

If you don't need a whole box then keep what you need and use the rest for kindling.