Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Computerized drawings coming to OHIO

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 10 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23352 Posts
Posted: July 18, 2007, 8:09 am - IP Logged

The Ohio Lottery is launching a new game called "Ten-Oh", starting August 5th.

The game has a COMPUTERIZED DRAWING.

NO TELEVISED DRAWINGS.

http://www.ohiolottery.com/games/ten-oh/about.html

Sorry Ohio players.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Lucky's avatar - hiro horse.jpg
    Ohio
    United States
    Member #20
    December 20, 2000
    57076 Posts
    Posted: July 18, 2007, 8:17 am - IP Logged

The Ohio Lottery is launching a new game called "Ten-Oh", starting August 5th.

The game has a COMPUTERIZED DRAWING.

NO TELEVISED DRAWINGS.

http://www.ohiolottery.com/games/ten-oh/about.html

Sorry Ohio players.

That is really sad Todd... I hope all the Ohio players send them a message of how they feel about computerized drawing and not being "Televised " as I have  !!

Good Luck Lep

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5587 Posts
      Posted: July 18, 2007, 8:23 am - IP Logged

"Ten-Oh" twice a day computerized keno, they gotta be kidding.  All ya gotta do is match half of the draw numbers, what could be easier. That means they have half a day to examine the numbers that were wagered and then decide how much they want to pay out, what could be easier. 

Lottery Central Office
      615 West Superior Avenue
      Cleveland, Ohio 44113

Phone: (216) 787-3200

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23352 Posts
        Posted: July 18, 2007, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

That is really sad Todd... I hope all the Ohio players send them a message of how they feel about computerized drawing and not being "Televised " as I have  !!

Glad to hear that you've written them.  Hopefully everyone else will do the same ... even if you don't live in Ohio.  The reason is that computerized drawings may be coming to YOUR state soon.  These lottery directors may think twice when they see a game get shot down quickly by players because of the junky computerized drawings.

This is one thing where you don't want to be sitting on the sidelines.  If you see your state suddenly broadcasting a cartoon fake drawing instead of a real lottery ball drawing, you will have been too late.

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7713 Posts
          Posted: July 18, 2007, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

One thing I'm curious about is do the lotteries listen if enough people complain? Or do they just do it anyway? Has a state ever NOT become computerized because of people starting an uproar?

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7344 Posts
            Posted: July 18, 2007, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

One thing I'm curious about is do the lotteries listen if enough people complain? Or do they just do it anyway? Has a state ever NOT become computerized because of people starting an uproar?

The only time the Ohio Lottery listens to its players is when they see their profits slipping. Last year they dropped Lot' O Play because "the players wanted Classic Lotto back" but nobody knows who those players were because the real players wanted Super Lotto back.

The Ohio Lottery had a TV game show called Cash Explosion Double Play and changed to Make Me Famous, Make Me Rich. But after they noticed the profits fell, they said "the players wanted Cash Explosion back".

Somebody must have really wanted this new game Ten-Oh and even the lottery clerks are scratching their heads because the drawings will not be televised. The only similarity I see to Keno is they will draw 20 numbers out of 80 but the only option the players have is playing a 10-spot. In a way I can understand why the live drawn won't be shown, especially when they have only 30 seconds to draw 3 or 4 other games. However they could draw the numbers before the live draw and show the results on the bottom of the screen.

If the players don't complain about the draw being computerized, the lottery will say "the players want all the games drawn like that" and probably dropped the live drawings too. The Ohio Lottery hasn't been lottery savvy in years so unless things change, it's very possible all the games will use an RNG in the near future.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5146 Posts
              Posted: July 18, 2007, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Compuritized Drawing cum'ng to .......who ........where.......WHY?

THE GIRL'ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss$$$$$$$$$$$$$

NEED too get involved o!o<<<<<o!o<<<<<<< XXXXXXXXXXXX

with little ONE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< o!o 

WON>>JackPot

PSYKOMO 

United States
                Member #1826
                July 11, 2003
                2645 Posts
                Posted: July 19, 2007, 3:51 am - IP Logged

O.K. Let's not get too alarmed about Ohio. You have to understand that drawing 20 balls twice a day, every day, is a pretty time-consuming proposition. That, and the fact they have a RNG only being used twice or so per year, are probably the only reasons why Ten-OH! is computerized. I'd be surprised if Ohio converted every drawing to this. PA has been drawing the midday drawings with a computer for a while, and the balls still bounce every night at 7PM, and will continue to in the forseeable future. The same, I can only hope, will hold true for Ohio. Ohio is the most player-responsive lottery in America, and while that may not be saying much, I think for that reason they realize more than most lotteries that we like our balls.

(insert signature here)

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - rsz 1franklinmillion-front.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11339 Posts
                  Posted: July 19, 2007, 3:58 am - IP Logged

i could've dealt with a compromise in tennessee.they could've followed pennsylvania's example and computerized midday and did ball draws at night.i do think ohio will be safe from the computerized draws though.

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23352 Posts
                    Posted: July 19, 2007, 7:17 am - IP Logged

O.K. Let's not get too alarmed about Ohio. You have to understand that drawing 20 balls twice a day, every day, is a pretty time-consuming proposition. That, and the fact they have a RNG only being used twice or so per year, are probably the only reasons why Ten-OH! is computerized. I'd be surprised if Ohio converted every drawing to this. PA has been drawing the midday drawings with a computer for a while, and the balls still bounce every night at 7PM, and will continue to in the forseeable future. The same, I can only hope, will hold true for Ohio. Ohio is the most player-responsive lottery in America, and while that may not be saying much, I think for that reason they realize more than most lotteries that we like our balls.

There are some people that will naturally take a blasé approach to this, like it's no big deal.  Maybe you don't realize that lottery directors would much rather just conduct computerized drawings all day, because it's much easier.  If they don't meet resistance at each stage, they will continue converting games.  It's just a matter of when.

Don't you know?  That's how these states converted all through the West.  Their residents didn't put up a big stink about it, and now they have 100% fake drawings.

I want to laugh when I hear "It can't happen to OUR state!"  Yes, it can, and it probably will unless the players in that state do something about it.

Sunny California
                      United States
                      Member #40295
                      May 31, 2006
                      7713 Posts
                      Posted: July 19, 2007, 8:17 am - IP Logged

My question still feels like it hasn't been answered or did I miss something? Todd, you said "unless the players in that state do something about it".  Has a state NOT gone computerized because people complained? Does anyone know? Thanks.

silky's avatar - nw gingblade.jpg

United States
                        Member #30181
                        January 13, 2006
                        298 Posts
                        Posted: July 19, 2007, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

The only way that Ohio can fight this as we have in the pass when , We don't like something is .... WE DON'T BUY IT !! so if you don't like it call and write , but don't buy the ticket. not even once. that tells them faster than anything it's not flying. See Ya!

We have mulliplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, Love too seldom, and hate too Often.

LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
                          Southeastern Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #13850
                          April 16, 2005
                          783 Posts
                          Posted: July 19, 2007, 9:03 am - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

The only way that Ohio can fight this as we have in the pass when , We don't like something is .... WE DON'T BUY IT !! so if you don't like it call and write , but don't buy the ticket. not even once. that tells them faster than anything it's not flying. See Ya!

Well stated, silky! I couldn't agree more...I Agree!

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7344 Posts
                            Posted: July 19, 2007, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

i could've dealt with a compromise in tennessee.they could've followed pennsylvania's example and computerized midday and did ball draws at night.i do think ohio will be safe from the computerized draws though.

Ohio has shown the live evening drawing for almost 30 years, it's become a tradition, and the type of draw (Ping Pong balls) is part of that tradition so I doubt that will change. The Mega Millions draw is only shown when the jackpot is high but the numbers begin scrolling across the bottom of the screen seconds after the draw. I'm assuming that's what they will do with the new Ten-Oh game.

The Midday Pick-3 and Pick-4 drawings and the Kicker, which is an option with the Mega Millions tickets, are never shown live. From the Lottery's and the players' point of view, if you never see the drawing, does the type of draw make a difference?

I believe Ten-Oh is not the first time the Ohio Lottery has used a RNG. Many years ago they had a game called Cards and I believe that was computer draw.

"i do think ohio will be safe from the computerized draws though."

Computerized draws are not good for TV and players know that at given time of day the lottery can access the computer and find out which numbers have the most and/or the least amount of money wagered on them. If even just by coinsidence the payoffs were lower after going to a RNG,  players might lose confidence in the integrity of the games and stop playing.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5146 Posts
                              Posted: July 20, 2007, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Ohio must LUV>>>>>QUICK TRIX too!

it aunt easy>>>>being "EASY"

QP & RNG "r " >>>> "EASY" !!

for the U KNOW who Lottery Board !!!!!

official's like to RAISE THEIR SALARY & RETIREMENT TOOOoooo!

all in name of we reduced exp. .IMPROVEwhat! (L@@K @>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "US" !!!!!

just L@@K @?? the .......................................BOTTOM LINE>>>>>>>>

we DIRECTOR's....deserve the "RAISE"$$

RNG^RNG^RNG