Welcome Guest
You last visited October 23, 2017, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Picking your own numbers.

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

When picking your own numbers do you do better...

one or two lines/Prioritizing numbers [ 6 ]  [20.00%]
Several lines at a time/Wheeling numbers [ 10 ]  [33.33%]
I doesn't matter [ 14 ]  [46.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 30 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  

United States
Member #24439
October 22, 2005
638 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2007, 2:46 am - IP Logged

I was wondering if you guys think you do better concentrating your best numbers in one line or have several favorite lines for a draw. Or, maybe you just haven't noticed any difference.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2007, 10:44 am - IP Logged

I do it this way (assume Powerball)

I always play 10 games.

In all 10 of the games I will play the same 2 numbers, those 2 numbers change every drawing.

For the 3rd number I have two to choose from, I play one in 5 games, the other in 5 games.

For the 4th and 5th number, I use an uneducated dartboard or 'spin the bottle'.....

So my games may look like this:

7  14   33   39  54

7  14   33   34  40

7  14   33   42  44

7  14   33   50  54

7  14   33   36  48

7  14   26   31  38

7  14   26   29  43

7  14   26   30  45

7  14   26   43  45

7  14   26   50  54

I'm not into 'spraying' numbers around everywhere, I'd go nuts trying to decide on a combination I agree with. 

United States
      Member #24439
      October 22, 2005
      638 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2007, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

I like the technique. If it hit, it hits.

I just select numbers that I like, go through them and put the top 5 as my pick.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        20144 Posts
        Posted: July 20, 2007, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

I was wondering if you guys think you do better concentrating your best numbers in one line or have several favorite lines for a draw. Or, maybe you just haven't noticed any difference.

You have mentioned only two ways of picking numbers, neither of which I use.  Using key numbers or wheeling a group of them are just two of the many ways of picking combinations that have been discussed on this forum.

I prefer to pick my combinations randomly from a full pool of numbers using certain parameters to keep or discard them such as combination has never come up before and their sums, gap and range are within the parameters of previous winning combinations and etc.

I haven't won a jackpot so my method may not be any better than another but it's the way I do it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #9579
          December 12, 2004
          2121 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2007, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

i think the pb lottery ball pickers try to pick a sequence that 9/10ths of usa doesn't pick,then give out those picks in quickpicks to states they want to win that night.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7585 Posts
            Posted: July 21, 2007, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

i think the pb lottery ball pickers try to pick a sequence that 9/10ths of usa doesn't pick,then give out those picks in quickpicks to states they want to win that night.

If there really is a conspiracy and there are "lottery ball pickers", they could designate that a group of combinations be sold as QPs only in that one state. Before the draw they could check to see if any of those combinations were played as manual picks in other states and draw one that wasn't. 

Since the PowerBall and Mega Millions states make more money when the jackpot rolls, it would make more sense to give out QPs from the 90% that were picked and then draw a number from the 10% that were not. Why would they want to rig the draw so there would be a winner?

United States
              Member #9579
              December 12, 2004
              2121 Posts
              Posted: July 21, 2007, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

how come there's never been like 10 top winners,for one drawing=because they pick winners.

United States
                Member #24439
                October 22, 2005
                638 Posts
                Posted: July 21, 2007, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

You have mentioned only two ways of picking numbers, neither of which I use.  Using key numbers or wheeling a group of them are just two of the many ways of picking combinations that have been discussed on this forum.

I prefer to pick my combinations randomly from a full pool of numbers using certain parameters to keep or discard them such as combination has never come up before and their sums, gap and range are within the parameters of previous winning combinations and etc.

I haven't won a jackpot so my method may not be any better than another but it's the way I do it.

Rjoh, I think that will fall under several lines at a time/wheeling numbers.

I am trying to find out, like if you are going to play a repeat number for instance, do you select one of the 5 numbers you think is highly likely to repeat or are you the type that will wheeling all 5 numbers as a parameter and choose it randomly. Then, of the two, which one do you feel is better.

Or for instance, if you where gonna play a "hot" number or two, there are 13 hot numbers, do you decide which of the 13 numbers is preferable and select it as you pick to play OR do you choose one of the 13 numbers at random. In your opinion, which is better.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                  Member #41383
                  June 16, 2006
                  1969 Posts
                  Posted: July 22, 2007, 3:07 am - IP Logged

Scorpio said some things that really do make you go 'hmmmmmmmmm'......... interesting indeed.

Problem is, the balls are randomly drawn, they can't pick which ones will hit, that I'm convinced of.  Now, if they go to computerized drawings, I'm done with PB forever.

United States
                    Member #9579
                    December 12, 2004
                    2121 Posts
                    Posted: July 22, 2007, 10:17 am - IP Logged

not really,the balls are floating in air,then you see whiteballs roll out from who knows where,they don't seem to be falling down,and then coming out.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      20144 Posts
                      Posted: July 22, 2007, 11:05 am - IP Logged

how come there's never been like 10 top winners,for one drawing=because they pick winners.

There was a case of nearly 100 players matching five because many of them had played a set of fortune cookie numbers.  PB investigated and found the company making the cookies had put the same set of numbers in many of their cookies.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        20144 Posts
                        Posted: July 22, 2007, 11:20 am - IP Logged

Rjoh, I think that will fall under several lines at a time/wheeling numbers.

I am trying to find out, like if you are going to play a repeat number for instance, do you select one of the 5 numbers you think is highly likely to repeat or are you the type that will wheeling all 5 numbers as a parameter and choose it randomly. Then, of the two, which one do you feel is better.

Or for instance, if you where gonna play a "hot" number or two, there are 13 hot numbers, do you decide which of the 13 numbers is preferable and select it as you pick to play OR do you choose one of the 13 numbers at random. In your opinion, which is better.

When I play MM, I pick combinations from all 56 numbers. I may not used them all but I consider them all equal.  The only numbers I pick are the mega numbers which I have to do since I only play 10-15 lines, not 46.

I've never found a way define regular numbers as hot.  I do consider some mega numbers more active than other and usually used the top ones as my mega numbers but I might do as well by just picking a random number between 1 and 46.

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #9579
                          December 12, 2004
                          2121 Posts
                          Posted: July 22, 2007, 11:43 am - IP Logged

hea,if it was easy to win,there wouldn't be any lottery,it's not for us to win,it's for the lottery to take 1-2 dollars from millions!

United States
                            Member #9579
                            December 12, 2004
                            2121 Posts
                            Posted: July 22, 2007, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

did you see on tv where the guy played the same numbers for 27 years,and he hit and is 71 years old,now that's patience!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              20144 Posts
                              Posted: July 22, 2007, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

did you see on tv where the guy played the same numbers for 27 years,and he hit and is 71 years old,now that's patience!

He was lucky, because many could play the equals of two life times and still never win.

Evil Looking