Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 10:48 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A Hit or a Thud??

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Would you visit your local "L Mart" if there was such a thing?

You bet! [ 28 ]  [70.00%]
Maybe [ 9 ]  [22.50%]
No, no dice! [ 3 ]  [7.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
JAP69's avatar - alas
South Carolina
United States
Member #6
November 4, 2001
8795 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2007, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Great idea.

When I lived in N.Y. state I went to the local easy shop which had tables where you couls sit and have coffee and refreshments while you played the keno evry 5 minutes.

I use to like watching the tv monitor for the keno draw.

Do not have keno in S.C. so I load up the dryer with ping pong balls with numbers and watch that go round and round now. Green laugh

Type

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2007, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

They've got Hot Trax here in TN in the bars which has a new game every 5 minutes. It's a great way to give the lottery money quickly. I don't like it becaue I don't like RNG games.

Just before the lotto got started here in Tennessee I looked into opening "Cafe de Lotto".  Here in west Nashville where the youngest person is me, that kind of place would go over great.

The lotto people must have heard me thinking for one of the primary rules to qualify for a lotto machine was you had to have an established businness first.  They were not about to allow lotto rooms in Tennessee.

There went my first fortune. 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10390 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2007, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

I'd love to have something like that!

Not only would I play at one, I'd love to run one or own it- I'd do all the things mentioned in this thread, and every day I'd have a different guest put on classes- astrology, numerology, biorhythms, using cards to get numbers, gematria, etc...

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: July 21, 2007, 2:14 am - IP Logged

There is this cute little building that looks like a house a few miles from me and it was for rent recently. I think it used to be some kind of realtor's office or something but for some reason "Lottery Mart" came into my head.

A store all about lottery.

You could, of course, puchase tickets and scratchoffs in the store,along with lottery books,pamplets, etc.

And if your state had the keno lottery that plays every 5 minutes, perhaps there could be a few tables and chairs placed around a tv,making it welcoming for people to sit and play for awhile. A good way to make a little extra money by selling some snacks or beverages. 

Maybe in the evening's there could be a class or two held on "How To Better Your Odds" and such. People working together like we do here to "beat the system". And throw in a couple of computers available for after class to visit the "Lottery Post"!

Just a thought,kids. But if a place existed, would you frequent it if you saw it off the road?

Or would ya just keep flyin' by?

Thanks to all!

Jee, i think it will be a great idea...I'll frequent that place all the time but as long as it look like Walmart (very spacious) and had chairs and tables where you could sit, relax, sip some coffe and bagels and talk about lottery...I think it is a phenomenal idea...

It either this is a repeat of the same post or I think someone suggested the same idea like 8 months ago here on LP...Don't remember who it was...

If a store like that wants to succeed, it must have hundreds of lottery magazines on the shelves and i think it should have recorded on TV every lottery draw of every state...And so far there is no tangible lottery magazine out there, there are mostly online publications and i don't know if they exist...The only lottery magazine i remember was the one offered by Digital Frequency Analysis software DFA and now that i think about it there was another one too but i can't remember the name...

Baton Rouge, LA
          United States
          Member #4602
          May 7, 2004
          700 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2007, 10:50 am - IP Logged

We don't have live Keno or anything like that here in Louisiana, but in some parishes, we have video poker in bars, restaurants, and truck stops.  Some of these places also sell lottery tickets.  I don't think a 100% lottery store would make it, but perhaps a convenience type store that pushed lottery/gambling type stuff might.

Just a thought.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Coastal Georgia
            United States
            Member #2653
            October 30, 2003
            1866 Posts
            Posted: August 3, 2007, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

I would like a store that primarily sold lottery. I would feel welcome as opposed to feeling like I'm holding up the gas and cig buyers while at the quickie mart deciding which scratchers I want.

I will say that the Ga lottery office I've been to in Savannah has a terminal and sells scratchers, so that is kinda cool.

United States
              Member #16612
              June 2, 2005
              3493 Posts
              Posted: August 4, 2007, 2:30 am - IP Logged

No dice is my vote. I have bad luck in jackpot related games.