Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Please pray for my wife....

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 9 years ago by clarthestar.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
dumars798's avatar - batman17
Atlanta
United States
Member #28656
December 20, 2005
5675 Posts
Posted: July 24, 2007, 9:20 am - IP Logged

Hi Calabs,i will keep you n your

wife in my prayers.

Smart bets...... Equal Phat Pocket$!

ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
    Wentzville, Missouri
    United States
    Member #2243
    September 4, 2003
    8495 Posts
    Posted: July 24, 2007, 10:49 am - IP Logged

My wife has recently been diagnosed with something called chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)... it's a cancer of the b-cells in the blood.  The disease is incurable.  It's a very slow growing cancer, so she can live for years before she starts getting the severe effects of the disease.  Right now, she's in the watch-and-wait mode.  Since the disease in incurable, there's nothing to do until the more severe symptoms begin to show.  She's feeling extreme fatigue right now, which is her main complaint. 

I really don't like to use LP as a forum for this kind of thing, but if you can please say a prayer for her, I would really appreciate it!!  We are going through a lot right now, just learning to accept this.  I will be visiting LP when I can, but will not be posting as frequenty for a while....  Thank you so much in advance!

Calabs,

My heart is beside you.  I promise to pray diligently for your wife, and you

Now I must tell you that the LP is exactly the place for this kind of thing and I will tell you why.  A while back during my many challenges of my son going to war, illness and other issues, I sent Todd a PM and told him that I wasn't goning to be here for a while because my heart was just to heavy.  I was loosing my intrest in the numbers.  What he said to me was this, "Don't stop coming, you don't have to talk about the numbers, talk about how you feel."  and that is exactly what I did.  I began to get many PM's of encouragement and I felt so much love from my family at the LP.  It was one of the most overwhelming experiences I've ever had to log on one day and see the many prayers and well wishes.  I was simply moved to tears.  I guess what I am saying in short, "IT SAVED ME"  my soul found so much love and comfort that at this moment, my heart rushes to tears. 

Never once did the thought even occur to me that being in cyber space would craddle my heart.  I would like to encourage you as Todd did me, by telling you to come as much as you can and blog if you need to or enter into the discussion area.  Even during a rough time for me I was able to connect to people that I had yet to know.  We have all heard that you don't know people in cyber space, but I guess I have to differ with that, for me, this is my family.  Going through that process taught me that even though we all share a common thread of love for the numbers, we also share love for one another. 

Now I want to share one more thing with you, I am suppose to log on every other day, I was here yesterday and I just felt compelled to log on today, and when I saw your name highlighted I clicked the link.  When I was in the hospital, the doctors said they don't know how I was even still alive, while I was in intensive care, EVERYONE on the ward died, EXCEPT ME!!  They said there was no cure for diabetes also, I started off on insulin, then graduated to the pills, now I am no longer taking either.  Now to me, God's hand has comforted me with miracles more than once.  I believe in miracles, they still happen!  I'm a miracle!  Finally I gotta say this, for me, being able to log on here today and see your name shinning brightly was a miracle. 

my heart is beside you, and I pray that you know, you are not alone,

PaTrice

Rubber DuckMade 2-B Pro$perou$ & Powerful!
    Ya' Gotta Love Thi$ Place! wMim

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23275 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2007, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Calabs,

My heart is beside you.  I promise to pray diligently for your wife, and you

Now I must tell you that the LP is exactly the place for this kind of thing and I will tell you why.  A while back during my many challenges of my son going to war, illness and other issues, I sent Todd a PM and told him that I wasn't goning to be here for a while because my heart was just to heavy.  I was loosing my intrest in the numbers.  What he said to me was this, "Don't stop coming, you don't have to talk about the numbers, talk about how you feel."  and that is exactly what I did.  I began to get many PM's of encouragement and I felt so much love from my family at the LP.  It was one of the most overwhelming experiences I've ever had to log on one day and see the many prayers and well wishes.  I was simply moved to tears.  I guess what I am saying in short, "IT SAVED ME"  my soul found so much love and comfort that at this moment, my heart rushes to tears. 

Never once did the thought even occur to me that being in cyber space would craddle my heart.  I would like to encourage you as Todd did me, by telling you to come as much as you can and blog if you need to or enter into the discussion area.  Even during a rough time for me I was able to connect to people that I had yet to know.  We have all heard that you don't know people in cyber space, but I guess I have to differ with that, for me, this is my family.  Going through that process taught me that even though we all share a common thread of love for the numbers, we also share love for one another. 

Now I want to share one more thing with you, I am suppose to log on every other day, I was here yesterday and I just felt compelled to log on today, and when I saw your name highlighted I clicked the link.  When I was in the hospital, the doctors said they don't know how I was even still alive, while I was in intensive care, EVERYONE on the ward died, EXCEPT ME!!  They said there was no cure for diabetes also, I started off on insulin, then graduated to the pills, now I am no longer taking either.  Now to me, God's hand has comforted me with miracles more than once.  I believe in miracles, they still happen!  I'm a miracle!  Finally I gotta say this, for me, being able to log on here today and see your name shinning brightly was a miracle. 

my heart is beside you, and I pray that you know, you are not alone,

PaTrice

PaTrice,

That was one of the most inspiring messages I've ever read.  I hope everyone gets a chance to read it and absorb it.  I'm going to tag it as one of my Favorites.  Thank you so much.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Wentzville, Missouri
        United States
        Member #2243
        September 4, 2003
        8495 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2007, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

Now Todd,

Why'd you have to go and do that?  My Heart Is Already FULL!  I meant every word of it and I really hope everyone knows that it is so much more than numbers here.  I think more people actually feel this way and may not express it. Thank you Todd!

Now you see that calabs?? This is one of the very things that I am telling you about.  Right when you think, ......I just can't fall in love anyMore....someone comes along, just like Todd just did and overwhelms me all over again, and my wish for you is to feel the way Todd just made me feel.  I hope that you, calabs, would feel an expression of love through an emotional overwhelming experience because I believe that this emotion is one of God's little gifts in the form of a miracle.  Now, I gotta say, if you feel it, then you have just personally tasted some of God's miracle.

calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
          Member #27050
          November 26, 2005
          40272 Posts
          Posted: July 24, 2007, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

PaTrice -I must agree with Todd.... Your note was so moving, it brought a tear to my eye... thank you so very much for sharing that with me and ALL of LP... it is a truly inspiring story!!!  I didn't want to post this thread at first, but I reallized, as you and many other have, that the folks here on LP have really become an "extension" of my family... we come here to share and discuss numbers, but how can you not become attached to all the wonderful, kind, and compassionate people here!?!? 

Thank you PaTrice...thank you ALL, for giving me strength and courage!!!  I will never forget what you've done!   Blowing Nose 

Lep

Wentzville, Missouri
            United States
            Member #2243
            September 4, 2003
            8495 Posts
            Posted: July 24, 2007, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

PaTrice -I must agree with Todd.... Your note was so moving, it brought a tear to my eye... thank you so very much for sharing that with me and ALL of LP... it is a truly inspiring story!!!  I didn't want to post this thread at first, but I reallized, as you and many other have, that the folks here on LP have really become an "extension" of my family... we come here to share and discuss numbers, but how can you not become attached to all the wonderful, kind, and compassionate people here!?!? 

Thank you PaTrice...thank you ALL, for giving me strength and courage!!!  I will never forget what you've done!   Blowing Nose 

calabs,

You are exactly right, you can't become anything but attached!  And doesn't God's miracale feel good?!  Now I gotta say what is in my heart, placed there by our Honorable Soldiers and it's simply what families do.

• "No Thanks Necessary Sir" ;-)

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31363 Posts
              Posted: July 24, 2007, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

calabs - look at all the love and prayers heading to you and your wife.  We are a family.

Ducky - you're a sweetheart.

Blue Angel

love to nibble those micey feet.

tgirl137's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                Grand Rapids
                United States
                Member #123
                February 23, 2002
                3905 Posts
                Posted: July 24, 2007, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Calabs my thought and prayers go out to you and your wife.  I will keep you all in my prayers.

"For with GOD nothing is impossible."    Blue Angel

Lkydeb*594's avatar - yummyxmascat
                  Luv Vtracs 8-)

United States
                  Member #38062
                  April 23, 2006
                  12589 Posts
                  Posted: July 24, 2007, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

And the posting will keep going, we love ya! Our prayers & thoughts will be with u & your wife.

North Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #4313
                    April 11, 2004
                    2389 Posts
                    Posted: July 24, 2007, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Calabs...A special request has been sent to the Master above that His healing touch, brings comfort, wellness and brighter days to your loving wife! Be blessed! Blue Angel

Gentlespirit
                    'Be Loving and Peaceful'Blue Angel

calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
                      Member #27050
                      November 26, 2005
                      40272 Posts
                      Posted: July 25, 2007, 8:15 am - IP Logged

I just have to thank all of you individually!!! 

Thank you ducks, Em, tgirl137, Lkydeb*594, Gentlespirit, NBey6, Rubi311, Stavros, Jarasan, psykomo, tweetietoo, Sandy, TheMaker, pmmoyd, Maddog, lotterybraker, Bob, Fibonocci, sclotto, blessing$, Genny, Tang, Maria, chippie, cnchsound, ToJo, angelm, dld1961, Litebets27, Lucky Star Lottomike, dumars, Delores, lepricorn2, charh20, and Todd. Your votes of confidence and  encouragement, and prayers mean a lot to my wife and I!!  With your help, we will get through this!!  Once again, thank you so much!

Lep

chippie's avatar - Lottery-064.jpg

Bahamas
                        Member #31284
                        January 27, 2006
                        8962 Posts
                        Posted: July 25, 2007, 8:28 am - IP Logged

Anytime Calabs! Try and have a great day today.

txpolo's avatar - animaniacs16

United States
                          Member #173
                          April 8, 2002
                          6110 Posts
                          Posted: July 25, 2007, 9:01 am - IP Logged

May Jesus bless your wife and you, amen.

BananaWTG all Winner$. Hyper

Amber88's avatar - praying hands.jpg
                            KENTUCKY
                            United States
                            Member #40028
                            May 26, 2006
                            578 Posts
                            Posted: July 25, 2007, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

I will be praying for your wife. God Bless her.

Daniel C's avatar - Kinnak
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #53416
                              July 6, 2007
                              702 Posts
                              Posted: July 25, 2007, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Jorli and I are also praying for your wife and family, Calabs.  God Bless