Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hoosier Lotto Will Be Won on August 11 ...

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Columbia City, Indiana
United States
Member #2978
December 9, 2003
381 Posts
Posted: July 26, 2007, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

LosingJeff and I have been closely following the incredibly rapid (although mathematically impossible) rise of the Hoosier Lotto jackpot to its current level of $40 million. Our jackpot starts at $500k and doesn't begin to roll over until after the third consecutive drawing without a winner, so we've had 83 consecutive drawings without a jackpot hit. Also, the jackpot increases by only half a million dollars per drawing, regardless of ticket sales.

Now, there is no other lottery in the country that can claim 83 consecutive drawings, but the Hoosier Lottery isn't yet finished with its awe-inspiring, odds-defying magic. This trend will continue until the jackpot reaches a record level of at least $42.5 million, which is due to occur on August 11, 2007. The $42 million record was set way back when our lottery games were drawn with balls on live television, and the amount of the rollover was based on ticket sales.

Actually, I look for them to keep playing this game until our jackpot reaches $50 million, but I'm certain we won't see a jackpot winner until they set a new record. Given the fact that there are only 12,271,512 possible combinations in our little 6/48 lotto game, it is inconceivable to me that a winning ticket has not yet been sold, especially since we have four border states. Couple this with the fact that they routinely refuse to divulge their sales data (for obvious reasons), and you can see why I no longer play ANY Hoosier Lottery games.

What really gets me is that, despite the obvious and blatant subterfuge, very few people here even realize what's going on, and they just keep buying tickets, believing they have a chance to win that jackpot. As the amount increases, they spend more money, believing they can reduce their odds in a game they have absolutely no chance of winning.

Someday, some congressman's wife will overspend her allowance on lottery tickets, and she'll go crying to hubby because she didn't win. Then, and only then, there will be a congressional investigation into our hopelessly corrupt state government.

Until then, the Hoosier Lottery will continue to operate its criminal enterprise with no fear of reprisals from law enforcement.

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - rsz 1franklinmillion-front.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11339 Posts
    Posted: July 26, 2007, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

its a shame but the general public is mostly content being blissfully dumb.

Indiana
      United States
      Member #29196
      December 29, 2005
      280 Posts
      Posted: July 26, 2007, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

@Lottomike:

When it comes to the Hoosier Lottery, the public is indeed blissfully dumb or perhaps more accurately blissfully ignorant.  But there is another factor...denial!  Many people I talk to simply refuse to believe the Lottery...any Lottery could be corrupt.  The most common rebuke I hear is that the lottery has security procedures in place and is too closely monitored to be rigged.  When you try to point out the plethora of scandals that have plagued the Hoosier Lottery over the years...they just go into denial.  The bottom line...most people simply don't want to believe that their lottery could be crooked.

I have come to the conclusion that this is because many people would rather daydream about winning the lottery than to actually win it.  That little daydream would be shattered if they conceded even the remote possibility that the lottery is corrupt.  And let's face it...what does the lottery sell?  Daydreams!

@Jim:

Give it up Jim.  It's an excerise in futility.  Nobody wants to hear it. Like you and Jeff I have been looking into the shennagins of the Hoosier Lottery for years and it has all fallen on deaf ears.  I have written the Governor...state senators...state house members...the Director of the Hoosier Lottery and made a number of posts here at Lottery Post hoping to provoke some action.  It has all been to no avail.  I have been ignored, chided and branded a disgruntled loser...a conspiracy nut...a malcontent or as someone who simply doesn't know how to play and on and on.     

The fact of the matter is those of us who promote lottery reform by pointing out the very real corruption that is rampant in state lotteries today are simply dismissed as a bunch of Don Quiotes tilting at imaginary lottery windmills.  We shatter daydreams with facts and hard questions and that upsets people.   It seems the majority of people simply don't want their daydreams shattered.  They'd rather attack the messenger instead of listening to the message.

Over 9 months and 83 consecutive draws in a straight 6/48 game...picked by an RNG...from a lottery with a history of secracy, scandal and corruption...without a winner and nobody gives a damn. 

Jim

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - rsz 1franklinmillion-front.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11339 Posts
        Posted: July 26, 2007, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

uncle jim keep on writing and jeff and jim don't give up.i wish i was up there to help because i would.i think it will all collapse one day.they can't keep it up forever.a disgruntled employee or someone behind the scenes will break this thing apart and then you guys will all be on 20/20 telling the world you were the first ones to start the ball rolling.don't give up on it.find a crack in the armor and expose it.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: July 26, 2007, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Someday, some congressman's wife will overspend her allowance on lottery tickets, and she'll go crying to hubby because she didn't win. Then, and only then, there will be a congressional investigation into our hopelessly corrupt state government.

Something like this actually happened with the Publishers' Clearing House, years ago. People went to Congress crying & complaining about all the money they spent on those magazine subscriptions, thinking (or claiming they thought) it would increase their chances of winning. Forced that rule change where they have to state purchases do not increase the chance of winning.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
            Indiana
            United States
            Member #48725
            January 7, 2007
            1958 Posts
            Posted: July 26, 2007, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

Actually I hope it does get to $50 million because I'm going to win it.Cool

Gonna win.Big Smile

Indiana
              United States
              Member #29196
              December 29, 2005
              280 Posts
              Posted: July 27, 2007, 8:10 am - IP Logged

Actually I hope it does get to $50 million because I'm going to win it.Cool

I rest my case.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

Columbia City, Indiana
                United States
                Member #2978
                December 9, 2003
                381 Posts
                Posted: July 27, 2007, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Uncle Jim:

I'm not the "giving up" type. Like you, LosingJeff and I have taken our share of abuse from people who would rather not know the truth about the criminal behavior of their elected and appointed state officials. Even so, I remain convinced that people with criminal mentalities are prone to making mistakes. I'm counting on the fact that they have become so blatant about the money they're stealing, they don't even bother trying to hide it anymore. We've had weeks and weeks of zero payouts for the Daily-3 and Daily-4 games, and the lotto jackpot just keeps climbing. How exciting! 

There's an attorney in Indianapolis (Richard Waples) who seems to hate the corruption at the Hoosier Lottery as much as we do, as he sues them at every turn. He's currently watching the payouts and the jackpot, so we'll have to wait and see what develops there. I told him that all we're looking for is a way to get our evidence into a court of law. Personally, I trust the state courts almost as much as I'd trust a police officer. If I had my way, this case would go to federal court but, lately, I don't get my way very often.

It's only a matter of time before they try to grab a pile of cash that's just too big to carry. When that happens and they're caught red-handed, we'll be there with our evidence file. There's enough in there to put many current and former state representatives in jail. There's also plenty to damage the careers of certain congressmen and senators we spoke with, so all we have to do is watch and wait.

The evidence we've compiled isn't going to fade away with time. They did what they did, and we have solid proof of their corruption, dishonesty and their criminal activity. Whatever they do, whatever machinations they choose to employ, they can't erase what they've already done, and they can't deny doing it.

Hang in there, Uncle Jim; we'll get there. While I will admit that our progress has been slow and hard-won, we have made progress, despite the menacing headwind we've faced. I'm not suggesting that you allow this investigation to consume your every waking thought, but only that you keep your eye on emerging developments, and make note of them. All evil empires fall, and the people we're dealing with aren't smart enough to make theirs the lone exception.

Vincit Qui Patitur; "Who endures, conquers." 

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #29196
                  December 29, 2005
                  280 Posts
                  Posted: July 28, 2007, 1:35 am - IP Logged

Jim,

As much as I admire the effort you and Jeff have put forth...and as much as I agree with (most) of your comments...if the Foreman Scratch-Off scandal taught us anything...it taught us that nobody...and I mean NOBODY from the Hoosier Lottery will ever go to jail for any of their misdeeds. 

This guy was caught red handed.  His accomplices (i.e. his partners in crime)...who were not employees of the Hoosier Lottery were forced to plead guilty in plea bargain that gave authorities all the information they needed to prove Foreman's direct involvment.  And what happened?  Nothing!  The bottom line is...Mr. Foreman will never even go to trial.  Caught red handed and he'll never see the inside of the courtroom.  That's the hard, cold reality when it comes to Hoosier Lottery corruption.

And you are indeed quite correct that they are growing more and more blatent.  We've already talked about the amazing 9 month...2 draws per week...83 straight  roll over 6/48 Lotto game.  But there's even more!  What about the latest scratch off scandal?  You know the one with the class action suit?  The one where the Hoosier Lottery was forced to admit that they had mis-stated the actual number of prizes available?  Did anyone ther get into any trouble for falsely advertising prizes that didn't exist?  Not no but HELL NO!  

The Hoosier Lottery simply said, even though we posted the false information on our website...it wasn't our fault.  The reality is we got bad info from the vendor who printed the tickets and we really did believe there were more prizes out there than there actually was.  You mean to tell me the Hoosier Lottery didn't know how many prizes were available and how many prizes were claimed in their scratch off games?  GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK?  Just exactly who determines the number of prizes available in Hoosier Lottery scratch off games?  The vendors?  And just exactly who tracks the winners and pays out the prizes in Hoosier Lottery scratch off games?  The vendors? NONSENSE!  It's the Hoosier Lottery in both cases and once again the bottom line is nobody from the Hoosier Lottery wil be held accountable for this blatent deception and outright rip off of the players.

And of course there's our old freind Esther.  If you actually read the complaint filed with the Inspector General against former Hoosier Lottery Director Esther Q. Schneider there are a few serious charges there.  Not the least of which includes awarding a no-bid contract to a friend of hers.  The explanation there...her friend was the only person to apply.  Jeeze!  Imagine that?  A friend of the Execetive Director of the Hoosier Lottery just happened to be the only person to apply and then receive a no bid contract at the Hoosier Lottery.  In the immortal words of baseball great Dizzy Dean; "WHO'D A THUNK IT?"

Do you honestly think that Esther will ever be held accountable for rigging a bid let alone anything else she did at the Hoosier Lottery?  No Freakin Way!  

And Jim do we even have to talk about the Build Indiana scandal and who went to jail over that?  Millions and millions of dollars are missing in a scandal that crossed county and political party lines and what did the Marion County Grand Jury find?  Well the money's missing.  There's no doubt about that.  And to be sure none of the projects ever got built.  But we can't find any evidence of wrong doing.  Unbelievable!  If that's their finding then I gotta tell you...those nitwits couldn't find a turd in a cesspool!

Jim, I'm so damn cynical about this whole mess that I think if the world ended tomorrow and Jesus Christ Himself came back to earth, the main concern of the politicians and the people who run the Hoosier Lottery would be how woul they keep the Hoosier Lottery's Lotto Jackpot in a perpetual state of roll over so the Chosen Few would continue to buy tickets for all of eternity but nobody would ever win!

Aaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This state is Lottery Hell!

Jim 

PS I am certain that if Dante were around today one of his levels of hell would have an RNG and be run by the Hoosier Lottery

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: August 15, 2007, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

"Hoosier Lotto Will Be Won on August 11 ..."

... still holding out Jack-in-the-Box

United States
                      Member #16612
                      June 2, 2005
                      3493 Posts
                      Posted: August 16, 2007, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Wow, I hope someone wins an Indiana Lotto jackpot to step forward and take cash option.