Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

International Lottery Purchase Schemes

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United Kingdom
Member #53969
July 29, 2007
2 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2007, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Hi there. I've been reading these posts on my cellphone for ages, but finally want to touch base with you all and see what your thoughts are on my issue. I live in England and buy lottery tickets via an online company that seems to work out very well apart from the fee. I have bought Euromillions, El Gordo, NY Powerball, NY Megamillions, Australian, Italian and Japanese lotteries. I don't mind paying a premium to purchase the tickets (cheaper than a plane fare obviously), but I cannot tell exactly how much of a premium I am paying. The only time I realised how much they charged I got a shock and still dont believe it. So could you guys tell me what the purchase price is for any of the above at the local rate? For example a Euromillions ticket costs me in the UK £1.50 a line, and I was charged online for this 9 Euros, which is about £5.60 - a nasty shock - assuming I have my maths right (I must email them and double-check).

Thanks in advance for any answers/advise/tips on purchasing these online,

TRYPHO

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2007, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

It sounds like you are using OSA, which as you say charges outrageous prices.  It is such a complete rip-off that the risk/reward ratio is skewed to the point that it is better not to play at all, than to make a purchase at that price.

Since you're located in the UK, you have access to Click 2 Pay (lucky you!), which means you can use betslips (www.betslips.com).  The prices there are much more realistic.  I don't think you can get Euro Millions or UK Lotto, but you should be able to get the major US jackpot games.

(Since you're in the UK, you can already get both of those games right in the store, so that doesn't matter.) 

You can also get Pick 3 and 4 for all states at betslips.

Good luck to you.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United Kingdom
      Member #53969
      July 29, 2007
      2 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2007, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the info Todd. You (and this site) have saved me a fortune already!

(links with another thread I was reading just now, so I'd gladly pay something for this membership).

Yes, it was OSA, and yes, I will switch to betslips now.

I just need to learn what a pick 3 and pick 4 means LOL.

Thanks,

TRYPHO

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23260 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2007, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Ah, if you've never played Pick 3 or Pick 4 you're in for a treat!  Spend some time checking out the Pick 3 and Pick 4 forums here, which are the most active forums on Lottery Post.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!