Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ticket Buying Method Change

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2007, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

I've decided that my current method of buying tickets (which has been reduced lately due to income issues) needs a revision. I want to get a better variety of tickets without spending a fortune. I figured I'd share it in case anyone had ideas to liven it up a bit (without getting too expensive).

My new thought is that for my home state (DE) and the bordering ones (PA, NJ, MD) is to buy a single ticket for whatever the non-computerized jackpot game is for the evening and a $1 scratch off ticket. For the scratch offs, if I win a prize where I can buy a more expensive ticket (plus the normal $1), I would trade it up for that ticket on my next visit (ie: a $2 prize plus my normal dollar would get me a $3 ticket). For the online games, I would make an exception if a particular game has an unusually high jackpot (ie: Mega Millions goes over $100 million).

For non-bordering states, I would buy one of each ticket for all jackpot games as a one-week multi-draw (except PB and MM, single ticket only) and $5 worth of scratch offs.

The only drawback to this method is that DE and DC are fully computerized for their in-state games, which limits my purchases to Powerball.

Any comments on this method? Care to share yours?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10389 Posts
    Posted: August 3, 2007, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

The guy who runs the Shell station where we buy scratchers said his store gets a lot of lottery action, a lot of it scrathcers.

He said from what he sees of people cashing winning scratcher ticlets, if you play $1 tickets you win a free ticket, $1, or $2, and that's about it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: August 4, 2007, 2:20 am - IP Logged

I'm just not lucky at all when I choose to gamble just like Texas Hold 'Em Poker.