Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:13 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would You Lie?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
Member #50124
February 26, 2007
601 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2007, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

I just read in another thread that someone lied to the lottery commission about how they came up with their numbers on a winning ticket.

If you hit a win, on something other than a QP, large enough that you had to go to the lottery offices to claim it, would you lie about how you came up with the numbers if they asked?  Would your answer change according to how you actually got the numbers?  (i.e. would you lie if these particular numbers came from a system, but tell the truth if they came from a dream)   Why or why not?

Coastal Georgia
    United States
    Member #2653
    October 30, 2003
    1866 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2007, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

No.

No need to.

You get the money and walk away.

Game over- you win....

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
      nashville
      United States
      Member #49896
      February 18, 2007
      1181 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2007, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

i wouldnt lie but some people think that the only reason the lottery ask how you came up with the numbers is because they want to stay ahead of a system that works so if you believe they are asking for that reason then i could understand you lying about where your winning numbers are from.

Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
        New York, NY
        United States
        Member #39471
        May 16, 2006
        2696 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2007, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

This might be totally unrelated, but Would I lie to a robber who is trying to take away my wallet! You bet!

$$$

LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
          Fughedaboutit (NY)
          United States
          Member #8160
          October 26, 2004
          6777 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2007, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

When the Lottery Commission asks me how I came up with the winning numbers, my reply will be that "I just happened to pick those numbers". The fact that I used a system (if that were the case) would be TMI (too much information) for them.

To tell you the truth, I have never seen a Jackpot winner explain the system that they used to win in the media. Other than the explanation on number selection was that they were birthday numbers, dream numbers or numbers picked out of a hat, the details were missing.Skeptical

"I just happened to pick those numbers", that's my story and I'm, sticking to it (no lie there)... Cool

----------------------------

Idea IDK my BFF Jill picked those numbers... 

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

cnchsound's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
            Nassau
            Bahamas
            Member #25282
            November 4, 2005
            2787 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2007, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

Why? You work on and refine your

system as you go along. By the time

of the next couple of draws your

system has changed ( for the better )

Take the money and run. 

Cnchsound

To be loved, be lovable.            Ovid.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2007, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

If I won a lottery jackpot using a system and was asked how I picked my numbers by the lottery commission or anyone else, I would be happy to admit it and share it with anyone else who wanted to pay for the rights to use it.

Right now I post my theories at LP and anyone can use the information at their own risk but once it's proved that it really works that all will end, no more freebies.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

phaseven's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #52386
                May 23, 2007
                20 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2007, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Do you think they have an system to watch the numbers that you have picked?

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #6147
                  August 8, 2004
                  1396 Posts
                  Posted: August 8, 2007, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

I don't think the lottery commissons want to know how you picked your numbers, but, instead, it is for the press releases they provide.  If I had a winning system, I'd be damned if I would share that with the world so that the commissions could change their systems!  So, I guess I just contradicted myself...LOL.  No, I would not share it.

Good Luck!

Stavros

Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #52386
                    May 23, 2007
                    20 Posts
                    Posted: August 8, 2007, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

I am new to the game here they have the balls in a machine that falls like the mega millions drawing.

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: August 8, 2007, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

I don't see how someone would worry how headquarters would all of a sudden become weary about the winner because he or she used their own method or a QP. Why would they even care?

It's like If I won and told them I used a system I made up. Do you really think they'll run into a secret room and wring their hands in some think tank, trying to figure out a way to disqualify me because I might be onto some system that wins all the time.

I don't care how good a system is, even when it hits the big Kahuna, because the human brain, at this junction is not using it's maximum potential, thus limiting such events to a once in a lifetime event.

I believe that if someone won because of a system, it's because they found a way to overcome just one of many variables in the overall picture.

For a system that beats the JP odds on a monthly basis, would have to meet all the many variables simultaneously. Next to impossible, so far. Even yearly.

I'm pretty sure the people at HQ aren't worried too much, as of yet. Maybe in a hundred years or so...lol

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: August 8, 2007, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Do you think they have an system to watch the numbers that you have picked?

If they do then they are wasting as much time as I am watching them lose.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #52386
                          May 23, 2007
                          20 Posts
                          Posted: August 8, 2007, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

I have been going to web sites like smart luck that are on the world wide web that can help you win they are open for you money with no problems that I know of and has winners with have used there system to pick numbers.

Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #52386
                            May 23, 2007
                            20 Posts
                            Posted: August 8, 2007, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

sorry your money not you money

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                              Wandering Aimlessly
                              United States
                              Member #25360
                              November 5, 2005
                              4461 Posts
                              Posted: August 8, 2007, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I'm trying to think of a single reason I would lie about something like that.  Like others have posted, I think they just want something for a press release like "Ms Xploring has been playing the same numbers for many years." or "Ms Xploring said she's been playing the same numbers for years, but decided to buy a few quick picks, and one of them was the winning ticket!"

I don't know why anyone would need to mention a system at all.  Why even bring it up?  Question: "How did you happen to choose these 6 numbers?"  Answer:  "I dunno. I just thought of them when I was filling out the card." or "I've been playing these for years. They're a combination of birthdays, anniversaries and special years. I picked 19 & 51 because I was born in 1951."  Again, why would they care?