Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The DE Lottery Web Site

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Jake's avatar - animal bird.jpg

United States
Member #2217
September 1, 2003
985 Posts
Posted: August 9, 2007, 11:25 am - IP Logged

FYI  -  This is for anyone who uses the Delaware Lottery official web site, especially if you utilize the info there for statistical or reporting purposes.

There is a feature "Have My Numbers Ever Won?"  You choose the game, plug in your numbers, and the site lists the dates that your number has hit.

Be aware that this information is not accurate and has not been since the beginning.  You will see only a partial list of when a number fallen.  Occasionally the information may be accurate but I can tell you with absolute certainty that most times it is not.  I utilize this feature every day.

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8365 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2007, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

don't feel bad about that a few years ago i downloaded Maryland's whole database of numbers into excel and then a year later i did it again just for ha ha's

i called it a different name and then one day while checking past drawings i started to notice several numbers didn't match up with the dates. i kept looking back and fourth between the two and i was shocked that they had different numbers for the same drawing.

I caught this while i was checking some stats on lottery post as Todd has a limited number of past  history for years going back so far for many states. 

So in conclusion i really don't know which of Maryland's data bases are correct. No matter what data base your looking at if the person entered the numbers wrong for a drawing then there is going to be a problem. 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23277 Posts
      Posted: August 9, 2007, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you four4me.  Lots of sites out there really don't care if their past history is correct or not.  It's something I feel pretty strongly about -- maintaining a very accurate historical database.  I'll go back and make changes -- if necessary -- no matter how far back the change is.  There is data in the Lottery Post database going back to the 1970s, and if I find a wrong number back then, I'll still make the change.

In fact, that is one of the major factors that caused me to get rid of the lottery data company I was spending thousands of dollars a year to contract with.  They just didn't care enough about 100% accuracy.  I can't tell you the number of times I had to get them to update data.

So I built my own data feed -- it took about a year to do -- and now I strongly believe that Lottery Post has the best, most accurate lottery data service out there.  Nobody is perfect, but that's my goal.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!