Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Million sales and Population

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
mississippi
United States
Member #34478
March 3, 2006
5906 Posts
Posted: August 11, 2007, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

I went to google and pulled up some meag million states..California, Michigan, Illinois, Georgia, New York, New Jersey and Texas...I also pulled up their estimated population for the state as of 2006 estimates..those staes carry roughly 105 million people with California and New York having the most ..California with say 36.5 and New York with 19 million

OK..now IF there is roughly 105 Million as google has it listed +/- a few..that is a lot of people..to say the least..just for the sake of argument..lets say ONE HALF plays the lottery or 50 million people..5 bucks worth of quick pics should cover the entire mega million set...

Ok..now lets just say that only ONE FOURTH plays the Lottery say 25 million and that is not all of the mega million states..just the ones I looked up..but lets stay with one fourth..25 million people buying tickets for one draw..ie..last nites draw..

Do you think the norm is just 1 quick pic..or do you see people buy a whole card for 5 bucks..or 2 cards for 10 bucks..because even if it is as low as 25 million people playing..and if the norm is a full card of quick pics for 5 bucks..5x25 million= 125.00 million dollars and last nite there was 9, 5+0 winners..now to me that is HORRIBLE..shouldnt there be MANY MANY MANY more 5+0 winners than 9..now I do understand that many people play a certain set of numbers that are Birthdays..etc..etc..etc..I just simply dont understand how they could sell that many tickets each and every drawing just about it and have such few winners..of course all of this is just speculation and guessing..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    51182 Posts
    Posted: August 11, 2007, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Check This Out!

For Statistics on the MegaMillions and PowerBall Games.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: August 14, 2007, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Wow, that's great MM sales by each state.