Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

where to start?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 9 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Centreville
United States
Member #54292
August 13, 2007
5 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2007, 3:23 am - IP Logged

Hey guys, I'm new here I just joined and I'm not sure where to start. any recommendations for a beginner? maybe a system to start playing around with? I've never actually hit any numbers before.

Australia
    Member #53018
    June 20, 2007
    32 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2007, 6:43 am - IP Logged

Hey how's it going....i am reasonably new too so i am still getting a feel for it myself....I just like to read the forums and comments and sometimes post....I  am sure the older members will give you some great recommendations as they all seem very friendly and will tell you exactly whats what....nice to meet you

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1303
      March 27, 2003
      1508 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2007, 7:33 am - IP Logged

Hey guys, I'm new here I just joined and I'm not sure where to start. any recommendations for a beginner? maybe a system to start playing around with? I've never actually hit any numbers before.

Hi !  Use the dropdown menu on the Menu Bar under "Resources" and "Search for Something" and key in "systems" and you should get a lot of past posts from LP members.  See what you might like to play around with, and see what happens.  There is no "golden key" to hitting. If it were that easy, we'd all be rich and famous.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Centreville
        United States
        Member #54292
        August 13, 2007
        5 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2007, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Thanks guys! nice to meet you too. Hopefully in time i'll be able to hit it. lol i was trying to figure out what all the combinations were for the Mega Millions considering each number is used once and the order doesn't matter so in a sense that lowers the amount of combinations, but i guess if they say the chances of hitting are 1 in a million or so, that must mean there are at least a million combinations right? I think i'll start with the pick 3 and 4 at first and see if i have any luck. thanks for your responses! 

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31343 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2007, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Thanks guys! nice to meet you too. Hopefully in time i'll be able to hit it. lol i was trying to figure out what all the combinations were for the Mega Millions considering each number is used once and the order doesn't matter so in a sense that lowers the amount of combinations, but i guess if they say the chances of hitting are 1 in a million or so, that must mean there are at least a million combinations right? I think i'll start with the pick 3 and 4 at first and see if i have any luck. thanks for your responses! 

Welcome to lp    Ga. says HI  See Ya!

love to nibble those micey feet.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2007, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Do you think MM could give away a minimum jackpot of $7 million if the odds were as only 1 in a million? If you want to know how many combinations there are for a particular game you can do it in Excel, with a calculator, or you can do it online: http://www.wiley.com/college/mat/gilbert139343/java/java05_applet.html

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
              Beautiful Florida
              United States
              Member #5709
              July 18, 2004
              20108 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2007, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to LP nyteshade and chezel30...!

Take a look around  and get comfortable. Good luck in your quest..!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Centreville
                United States
                Member #54292
                August 13, 2007
                5 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2007, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

hey I was looking at your mega millions challenge posts, how does that work, is it just for people to throw in random numbers?

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                  Beautiful Florida
                  United States
                  Member #5709
                  July 18, 2004
                  20108 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2007, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

hey I was looking at your mega millions challenge posts, how does that work, is it just for people to throw in random numbers?

Well, it's not just to throw in random numbers. The majority of players are fine tuning their system so to speak, and what better place to do that than right there. Do your homework and when you feel comfortable with predicting join in.    Good luck.!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

United States
                    Member #33295
                    February 19, 2006
                    699 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2007, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Welcome nyteshade and chezel30. Good luck in your quest for winning numbers.

Bud

Isabel, you are going to feel very silly when this turns out to be make-believe.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5114 Posts
                      Posted: August 13, 2007, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Well, it's not just to throw in random numbers. The majority of players are fine tuning their system so to speak, and what better place to do that than right there. Do your homework and when you feel comfortable with predicting join in.    Good luck.!

If u ever see psykomo post on md mm site.........run as fast as u-kan frommmmm

any ####################.......posted from this "KRAZY"!!L

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "JACKPOT"

PartyJack-in-the-BoxPartyJack-in-the-BoxParty

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5114 Posts
                        Posted: August 13, 2007, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

If u ever see psykomo post on md mm site.........run as fast as u-kan frommmmm

any ####################.......posted from this "KRAZY"!!L

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "JACKPOT"

PartyJack-in-the-BoxPartyJack-in-the-BoxParty

this>>>>>>>>>STUPID>>>>>>>>>>>>>>who is ODK.....??????????

(don't play any #################'ssss by psykomo)

PSYKOMO is a ............Quick-Pick!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                          Member #24380
                          October 21, 2005
                          623 Posts
                          Posted: August 13, 2007, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Welcome and hello.  I still do not know where to begin.  LOL.  I enjoy reading the posts/news, etc.