Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hoosier Raffle

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 9 years ago by qutgnt.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #3676
February 10, 2004
425 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2007, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

They have picked the winners after only selling 140k of the 325k tickets so they will take a bit of a loss here. They were supposed to pick 770 $1000 winners but I only see they have picked 700 on the website. Can anyone else verify. It is very weird that the numbers are entered out of sequence. Always something with this state.

Delaware
    United States
    Member #30273
    January 14, 2006
    494 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2007, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps the lottery ticket printing machine they are using to pick the winners ran out of paper or ink and they had to run to Staples to get more. LOL

Any of the numbers in question above the 140K they sold? Big Smile

(Wow, two shots in one post. Todd should have a rule against this or something.)

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2007, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

I hope the winners of the hoosier raffle step forward.

Indiana
        United States
        Member #29196
        December 29, 2005
        280 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2007, 8:55 am - IP Logged

Actually, I did count 770 $1000 winners.  

It is always something with this state.  From the looks they did only pull winers from the number of tickets sold rather than the number of tickets available.  And either they were sandbagging the numbers or they had quite a run on tickets in the last few days.  Using the figures from their website it looks to me like they sold something like 60,000 tickets in the last 5 days.  Which is pretty amazing to me given that they sold roughly the same number in the previous 5 weeks.

The fact of the matter is this was a big bomb for the much maligned Hoosier Lottery.  I used to work for a lottery retailer and according to the people I have spoken to the new Executive Director made a huge mistake with this game...which isn't surprising considering that by her own admission her only qualification for running a lottery is that she is a catholic and therefore familar with the game of Bingo.

At any rate they are making so much money form their Lotto game that they should easily be able to make up the shortfall.  Just set the RNG to a couple of more roll overs and B-I-N-G-O!  The money is there.

The Hoosier Lottery's Lotto game is now in it's 10th month without a roll over.  I wonder if they can make it a whole year without a winner?  NAH!  Not even the Hoosier Lottery could be that bold and blatent!

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

United States
          Member #3676
          February 10, 2004
          425 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2007, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Yes they did add the 70 other winners, although when the list first came out for the first hour it only had 700 and a chunk of numbers were out of sequence.  I dont know how those sort of errors on uploading numbers on a website are made and why 70 were left off and squeezed in later.  As for them selling  a huge amount of tickets at the end I guess that is pretty common. You probably had a lot of retailers buying some up at the end seeing the better odds since most tix wouldnt be sold.  Plus they got a whole whopping free dollar instant ticket for everyone sold! Wow what perks! Not even a real dollar, a dollar like instrument that only pays back 50 cents. Sort of like the worthless free play you get when you get 2 numbers in lotto, and that is worth about 15-20 cents.