Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Strategies: I'm new to the game in more ways than one

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by spy153.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #54393
August 17, 2007
2 Posts
Posted: August 17, 2007, 8:23 am - IP Logged

I lived in Hawaii for three long, boring decades. There was always talk of a lottery there, but the big powerful politicians did a good job of keeping it out of the state. Last I heard, Utah and Hawaii are the only two states that are lotteryless (is that a word)? Anyway, I recently moved to Florida (not because it's a lottery state)!  Since moving to FL,  I purchased a few groupers (mixed bag of: One pick 3 straight Cash Three, pick 4 straight Play Four, two of the 5/36 Fantasy Fives, One Mega Money  4/44-1/22 powerball,  and One 6/53 Florida lotto..all 6 tickets for $5)..this seemed to do quite well for me..I always seemed to win a Fantasy Five free ticket, or a couple of dollars..all with their Grouper quick pick method..Since then, I heard that Fantasy Five has the best odds of the FL games..Also, there is a JP rolldown to the four out of fives, if there is no winner..I began to look into 5/36 strategies..so far, some of the strategies found on the net seem to be B.S..the last few nights have proven them wrong with all odd or even winners..anyway, this brings me to my question..I heard that over half of the JP 5/36 winners are quick picks..should I ditch my smart picks, and just go with quick picks? Or, should I pick a balanced odd/even system and stick with the same numbers? Also, is ten draws a day enough? Hmm..

Florida
    United States
    Member #54393
    August 17, 2007
    2 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2007, 8:48 am - IP Logged

I lived in Hawaii for three long, boring decades. There was always talk of a lottery there, but the big powerful politicians did a good job of keeping it out of the state. Last I heard, Utah and Hawaii are the only two states that are lotteryless (is that a word)? Anyway, I recently moved to Florida (not because it's a lottery state)!  Since moving to FL,  I purchased a few groupers (mixed bag of: One pick 3 straight Cash Three, pick 4 straight Play Four, two of the 5/36 Fantasy Fives, One Mega Money  4/44-1/22 powerball,  and One 6/53 Florida lotto..all 6 tickets for $5)..this seemed to do quite well for me..I always seemed to win a Fantasy Five free ticket, or a couple of dollars..all with their Grouper quick pick method..Since then, I heard that Fantasy Five has the best odds of the FL games..Also, there is a JP rolldown to the four out of fives, if there is no winner..I began to look into 5/36 strategies..so far, some of the strategies found on the net seem to be B.S..the last few nights have proven them wrong with all odd or even winners..anyway, this brings me to my question..I heard that over half of the JP 5/36 winners are quick picks..should I ditch my smart picks, and just go with quick picks? Or, should I pick a balanced odd/even system and stick with the same numbers? Also, is ten draws a day enough? Hmm..

Sorry for the double post, but I couldn't find an edit button..One more question this newbie would like to know..The Fantasy 5/36 Jack Pot is typically $220, 000. Taxes are 25%..more often than not, you end up sharing the JP with two others, dividing the JP by three ($70,000)..this leaves say..$50,000 after taxes..If a person has a dream, should I go for the $30,000,000 Lotto instead? I could blow through fifty grand in a couple of years, easy..hmm..any tips would be appreciated!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23348 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2007, 8:51 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post! 

The states without a lottery are: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Hawaii, Mississippi, Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
        Member #28409
        December 15, 2005
        1198 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2007, 9:05 am - IP Logged

welcome to lp juking See Ya!

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool