Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Michael Vick Thread

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Badger.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #868
November 19, 2002
513 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2007, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Wow...its amazing that Lottery post can allow a thread on Micheal Vick.

I was just stunned to see even a constructed poll on the Micheal Vick case on this website.

He has not been to trial, but there is a poll on this website that asks people how much time should he get in jail..

But of course, I would not characterize this a "witch hunt for Micheal Vick.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
    ORLANDO, FLORIDA
    United States
    Member #4924
    June 3, 2004
    5896 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2007, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Wow...its amazing that Lottery post can allow a thread on Micheal Vick.

I was just stunned to see even a constructed poll on the Micheal Vick case on this website.

He has not been to trial, but there is a poll on this website that asks people how much time should he get in jail..

But of course, I would not characterize this a "witch hunt for Micheal Vick.

There's a big difference in the question "How much time will he get?" and " How much time should he get?" It's not a witch hunt , it's about an idiot that had everything, anyone could wish for and blows it all, by being stupid. You don't have to worry about him going to trial, his attorney's won't allow that. His co-horts are going to "throw his ass to the dogs", so to speak.   He won't get what he deserves.

Britney's avatar - melissa sool.png
      California
      United States
      Member #4471
      April 27, 2004
      1574 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2007, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

There's a big difference in the question "How much time will he get?" and " How much time should he get?" It's not a witch hunt , it's about an idiot that had everything, anyone could wish for and blows it all, by being stupid. You don't have to worry about him going to trial, his attorney's won't allow that. His co-horts are going to "throw his ass to the dogs", so to speak.   He won't get what he deserves.

I Agree!

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #1303
        March 27, 2003
        1508 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2007, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Yeah he really blew it.  Maybe most people don't realize it, but Federal Preosecutors do not issue indictments on people unless they already know they have the evidence to convict them.  They do not waste time and public tax dollars on prosecuting lightly.

So they have what they need.  And Vick will plea-bargain.  His plea-bargaining will keep him from going on trial, but they will not, I believe, allow a plea bargain that does not include some jail time. Be it even 18 months in jail, he will serve some time.  This effectively will end his NFL career. When he gets out, he will not be taken back by the NFL.  His career with Atlanta is already over. Once he goes to jail, even for a short time, he becomes a felon.  There is no way a felon can keep a contract with the NFL these days.

Amazing....we all here are seeking to win a big jackpot.  He got the jackpot, and instead of recognizing how lucky he was to do so, he totally blew it.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.