Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New e-mail scam from Heineken, of all places

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 9 years ago by JAG331.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23277 Posts
Posted: August 22, 2007, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Now the idiot scammers sending e-mail scams have gone over the edge.  The latest one I got claimed to be from Heineken Beer!

Here's the full text:

HEINEKEN BOTTLING COMPANY
#55 SCHOOL GATE PLACE,STAMFORD BRIDGE,
LONDON, SW1V 3DW. UNITED KINGDOM
www.Heineken.com

Dear Winner,
This is to inform you of the Award of 1,000,000.00Euros (One Million Euros) from Heineken Beer Company Promotions.
This promotional award is to raise the profile of Heineken beer consumers male/female aged 18 to 85 in rural and urban centers to support the spirit of Footballing.
The online promotions build email lists were generated from the World Wide Web. This promotion takes place annually to challenge and to take market share from the popular Dutch import beer. The tactics included live events, local campaigns and general buzz to establish the brand one neighborhood at a time in major urban / rural centers to support the spirit of Footballing.
Your Email Ref Number falls within our European booklet representative's office in Madrid, Spain. In view of this, your award of 1,000,000.00Euros (One Million Euros) will be released to you by our payment office in Madrid, Spain.Our Spainish Promotional Officer will commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. Find the contact details below:

Mr Theodore Roosevelt Jamson
Heineken Beer Promotional claims Officer.
Email: tedrj@yahoo.es
Tel: 0034663335944

To avoid delays, You shuld contact the promotional claims officer stating your FULL NAME,AGE,SEX,ADDRESS,COUNTRY, STATE,FAX,PHONE NUMBER,MARITAL STATUS,OCCUPATION,COMPANY'S NAME (IF ANY), and AMOUNT WON.

Mr.Hamilton Spectator
( President).

These scams are getting pretty strange.  Even stranger is that people fall for this nonsense.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Coastal Georgia
    United States
    Member #2653
    October 30, 2003
    1866 Posts
    Posted: August 22, 2007, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Un be ___ lieveable, but if they were giving away Heineken, I'd bite....  Cheers

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
      nashville
      United States
      Member #49896
      February 18, 2007
      1181 Posts
      Posted: August 22, 2007, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

thanks for the heads up todd and of course they know seeing it in euros will confuse some americans

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: August 22, 2007, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

OH NO!

Does this mean I'll have to boycott my favorite beer of all time?

I doubt Heineken is in on this. But this is definitely a reach...lol

It's hard to imagine a guy in a Holland cafe sipping on a latte with an internet connection doing this....

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: August 22, 2007, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Now the idiot scammers sending e-mail scams have gone over the edge.  The latest one I got claimed to be from Heineken Beer!

Here's the full text:

HEINEKEN BOTTLING COMPANY
          #55 SCHOOL GATE PLACE,STAMFORD BRIDGE,
          LONDON, SW1V 3DW. UNITED KINGDOM
          www.Heineken.com

Dear Winner,
          This is to inform you of the Award of 1,000,000.00Euros (One Million Euros) from Heineken Beer Company Promotions.
          This promotional award is to raise the profile of Heineken beer consumers male/female aged 18 to 85 in rural and urban centers to support the spirit of Footballing.
          The online promotions build email lists were generated from the World Wide Web. This promotion takes place annually to challenge and to take market share from the popular Dutch import beer. The tactics included live events, local campaigns and general buzz to establish the brand one neighborhood at a time in major urban / rural centers to support the spirit of Footballing.
          Your Email Ref Number falls within our European booklet representative's office in Madrid, Spain. In view of this, your award of 1,000,000.00Euros (One Million Euros) will be released to you by our payment office in Madrid, Spain.Our Spainish Promotional Officer will commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. Find the contact details below:

Mr Theodore Roosevelt Jamson
          Heineken Beer Promotional claims Officer.
          Email: tedrj@yahoo.es
          Tel: 0034663335944

To avoid delays, You shuld contact the promotional claims officer stating your FULL NAME,AGE,SEX,ADDRESS,COUNTRY, STATE,FAX,PHONE NUMBER,MARITAL STATUS,OCCUPATION,COMPANY'S NAME (IF ANY), and AMOUNT WON.

Mr.Hamilton Spectator
          ( President).

These scams are getting pretty strange.  Even stranger is that people fall for this nonsense.

They forgot to ask for your Social Security #, bank account#'s, your mother's maiden name, VISA/MASTERCARD numbers w/expirations and code on the back.

Like Heineken needs any promotion to sell their delicious beer.

"Beer good"

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
            Norfolk , Va
            United States
            Member #4541
            May 2, 2004
            25102 Posts
            Posted: August 22, 2007, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Last time I was in UK where this letter has an address, They spelled Centers / Centre. I dont think it changed since it has been that way for a long long time.

From what I have read , alot of scammers make mistakes such as this.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3106 Posts
              Posted: August 23, 2007, 12:37 am - IP Logged

My local Blockbuster has a notice on the door a circulating coupon for two free movies, tub of popcorn and two free sodas is a fake.

The future isn't what it used to be.  BobP

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: August 23, 2007, 1:13 am - IP Logged

When I checked the news on the FL Lottery site yesterday, there was a letter warning people about a new scam. 

I agree that the Heineken scam is very strange.  I mean, who would believe an email address of a claims officer at a large corporation would be at Yahoo?

NY
                  United States
                  Member #23835
                  October 16, 2005
                  3475 Posts
                  Posted: August 23, 2007, 2:09 am - IP Logged

When I checked the news on the FL Lottery site yesterday, there was a letter warning people about a new scam. 

I agree that the Heineken scam is very strange.  I mean, who would believe an email address of a claims officer at a large corporation would be at Yahoo?

The people who run these scams obviously can't use an email address that goes to the organization they claim is promoting the "lottery"so they almost always use a Yahoo address. Apparently just about everyone who falls for these scams believes  the Yahoo (or Hotmail, or whatever) address is legit.

Since this is alledgedly related to football (at least they were smart enough to not call it soccer), I like the name they used for the president of Heineken, "Hamilton Spectator." Perhaps it's some subtle humor for the people who don't fall for it.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #1303
                    March 27, 2003
                    1508 Posts
                    Posted: August 23, 2007, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Hamilton Spectator?  LOL !  That doesn't even sound like a real name !

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Greenwich, CT
                      United States
                      Member #4793
                      May 24, 2004
                      1822 Posts
                      Posted: August 24, 2007, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Hamilton Spectator?  LOL !  That doesn't even sound like a real name !

Spainish Promotional Officer, haha