Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Televised drawings

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10392 Posts
Posted: August 28, 2007, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

There's been at least one thread here about watching the drawings or not - but what do you think the variance is between members of LP watching drawings and "everybody else" that plays?

I'm just guessing but I don't think that many people watch them - and thus couldn't even begin to tell you if their state's lotto is computerized or not. I truly believe this is a large portion of the reeason states that go computerized decide to do so - thye know they can getit on.

Even on the documentaries about winners it seems it's pretty common for a winner to say someone else called them and told them to check their ticket.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1958 Posts
    Posted: August 28, 2007, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

I don't think most people watch televised drawings. Most probably either check it at the store or check the lottery's website.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
      Charlotte NC
      United States
      Member #17406
      June 18, 2005
      4054 Posts
      Posted: August 28, 2007, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

I don't think most people watch televised drawings. Most probably either check it at the store or check the lottery's website.

I would think the die hard players watch.  I can only watch ILL, SC and NC.  If there were other drawings that were available to watch I would watch those as well, whether they were computerized or not. 

I'm not most people though, I still manually track 5 states (12 years) to LOCK in a view regardless of how well my lottery programs, or other tools work.

takeemtothebank

mglsr's avatar - candle
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #2369
        September 23, 2003
        3072 Posts
        Posted: August 28, 2007, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

I would think the die hard players watch.  I can only watch ILL, SC and NC.  If there were other drawings that were available to watch I would watch those as well, whether they were computerized or not. 

I'm not most people though, I still manually track 5 states (12 years) to LOCK in a view regardless of how well my lottery programs, or other tools work.

Thats part of the fun; watching the draws!! (WHEN IT IS NOT RNG)

"As Quoted by the Genius One:"

"Life i$ Good "   

$$$$ I FEEL LUCKY $$$$                                                               

*lay off and it pays off*

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8397 Posts
          Posted: August 28, 2007, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I watch the live drawing every chance i get and when i don't see it I go to my home state lottery web site and watch them there.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
            Member #50124
            February 26, 2007
            601 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2007, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

I used to watch the Powerball drawing every time because it came on during the 10 pm news broadcast on the station I always watch.  They switched stations, and now it airs sometime between 9 and 9:30 pm on FOX, a station I'm never watching at that time, so now I never watch.   So I guess I'm probably more in synch with the general public in this regard than with LPers.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
              nashville
              United States
              Member #49896
              February 18, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2007, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

i watch the televised drawings when i dont oversleep. now that tennessee is RNG i dont watch the cash 3 and 4 or lotto 5 anyomore i only watch powerball on our local station and tonight i watch WGN for the megamillions numbers but sometimes there is a white sox game or a cubs game that runs over time and i end up going to LP or USA MEGA for the numbers. i like watching it live

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #1303
                March 27, 2003
                1508 Posts
                Posted: August 29, 2007, 7:02 am - IP Logged

I think that most people have too much else going on in their lives for them to try and catch something on TV that lasts for 30 seconds.  So if they catch it, they catch it. If not, they'll get the draw some other way if it is that important to them. I see a lot of people at the retailers scanning their tickets to see if they won anything.  In general, it doesn't seem that important to most people. Probably just to those that are really into it, but that's not most of the players.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23357 Posts
                  Posted: August 29, 2007, 8:12 am - IP Logged

I think that most people have too much else going on in their lives for them to try and catch something on TV that lasts for 30 seconds.  So if they catch it, they catch it. If not, they'll get the draw some other way if it is that important to them. I see a lot of people at the retailers scanning their tickets to see if they won anything.  In general, it doesn't seem that important to most people. Probably just to those that are really into it, but that's not most of the players.

I generally agree with that, but there are some cases where the online personality has drawn people to watch.  For example, in NY, Yolanda Vega became a hit with the public, and people watch the drawings because they love Yolanda.

That's the kind of "excitement" that Rebecca mistakenly attributed to computerized drawings.  It could never exist with computerized drawings, because there is nothing exciting to watch.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!