Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 5:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Suggestion for FL Lottery Writing Campaign

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 9 years ago by rdc137.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2007, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

We have all been alarmed by Florida asking about computerized drawings, so I have a strong suggestion for a campaign slogan, if you want to call it that.

Florida, if you go R-N-G, my education dollars go B-Y-E.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2007, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

yep.it seems here lately that RNG is all the rage.its spreading like wildfire.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10391 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2007, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

The best 'slogan' or campaign imaginable would be to not play, but you have to get a lot of people to not play, enough to let the lottery feel it.

Unfortunately, if you asked any number of players about a mechanical ball drawing versus a computerized drawing, far too many wouyld ask you what you are talking about.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: August 29, 2007, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

I have to admit  - wild horses couldn't drag me away from the lottery terminal on Wed and Sat.  Yes, I am dead set against computerized drawings, but I won't stop playing.

computerhead723's avatar - lightbulb
          Buffalo
          United States
          Member #54397
          August 17, 2007
          245 Posts
          Posted: August 29, 2007, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

I have to admit  - wild horses couldn't drag me away from the lottery terminal on Wed and Sat.  Yes, I am dead set against computerized drawings, but I won't stop playing.

Good post  .....I  agree  All  lottery  drawings  should  be  live  and  transparent...

A  good  example  of  what  a  lottery  should  look  like is  the 

" VIRGINIA  lottery"

because  (1)  all  drawings  are  real  and  you  can  view them  on  line ...

(2) you  can  download  the  the  numbers  from  their  web  page  ...for  free  ,very  few  web  pages  or  state  lottery's  will  do  this ;

(3) there  are  pick-3,pick-4  and  pick  5  drawings  Two  times  a  day  , very  few  if  any  has  a  match  for  the  same .

But  do  more  people  win  with  non-computerized  drawings  than  with  a  computer  draw, I  would  say  no  ,  its  about  the  same..... 

but  are  your  winnings  higher  without  a  computer    ,,..YES ....computers  are  programed  devices  and  can  be  compromised ,  the  state  can  control  the  payouts  and  control 

prizes  amounts...

Delaware
            United States
            Member #30273
            January 14, 2006
            494 Posts
            Posted: August 29, 2007, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

Good post  .....I  agree  All  lottery  drawings  should  be  live  and  transparent...

A  good  example  of  what  a  lottery  should  look  like is  the 

" VIRGINIA  lottery"

because  (1)  all  drawings  are  real  and  you  can  view them  on  line ...

(2) you  can  download  the  the  numbers  from  their  web  page  ...for  free  ,very  few  web  pages  or  state  lottery's  will  do  this ;

(3) there  are  pick-3,pick-4  and  pick  5  drawings  Two  times  a  day  , very  few  if  any  has  a  match  for  the  same .

But  do  more  people  win  with  non-computerized  drawings  than  with  a  computer  draw, I  would  say  no  ,  its  about  the  same..... 

but  are  your  winnings  higher  without  a  computer    ,,..YES ....computers  are  programed  devices  and  can  be  compromised ,  the  state  can  control  the  payouts  and  control 

prizes  amounts...

Virginia's nighttime Cash 5 drawing is not shown live.

computerhead723's avatar - lightbulb
              Buffalo
              United States
              Member #54397
              August 17, 2007
              245 Posts
              Posted: August 29, 2007, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Virginia's nighttime Cash 5 drawing is not shown live.

don't  they  tape  it  and  post  it  on  the  web  page??

In  ny  the  pick  10  has    never  been  televised-  nor  has  there  been  a  winner  in  almost  10  years  ; well  one  winner  a  year  ....but  they  play  everyday  365 draws  and  one  winnner  a  year  ...come  on  ????

Delaware
                United States
                Member #30273
                January 14, 2006
                494 Posts
                Posted: August 29, 2007, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

don't  they  tape  it  and  post  it  on  the  web  page??

In  ny  the  pick  10  has    never  been  televised-  nor  has  there  been  a  winner  in  almost  10  years  ; well  one  winner  a  year  ....but  they  play  everyday  365 draws  and  one  winnner  a  year  ...come  on  ????

http://www.valottery.com/cash5/video.asp?quality=high&pt=Night&date=8/28/2007

Nope it's not. I will start a thread for ball-drawn games that aren't broadcast. Might be worth looking into.