Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which is the better way to play??

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #41846
June 23, 2006
459 Posts
Posted: September 8, 2007, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

For this discussion lets assume we know 4# that will come out in next game.  What is the best way to play?  we could play all possible combinations. 24x.5=$12.00  payout $2500

we could play $12.50 in box picks and not worry about order for $2500.  so Which is the better play?

if you play box  you won't get a tax form.  you are free to pay the tax of course, but if you don't you are $750 ahead (30% tax rate assumed).  

of course you could take your best shot for a straight, but if you wanted to be sure how would you play?

if you don't pay the $750 in taxes how many times can you be wrong.  $750/12.5=60 so this tax could finance 60 plays at $12.5.

unless i'm playing several #'s why would I play straight?

I've been thinking about this for a few days.  The logic sounds right but i keep thinking i'm missing something.

p8 

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2007, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

I rather play a game for $1 such as Mega Millions and/or CA SLP.

United States
      Member #41846
      June 23, 2006
      459 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2007, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

I rather play a game for $1 such as Mega Millions and/or CA SLP.

Based on your avatar and name I would never have guessed

that.

I play pick 4. I will buy a quick pick on pb and sometimes mm if I happen to cross the border into va. 

on two occassions in the last mo I  have had all 4 # but wrong order.  i picked up a couple hundred for my effort, (box) but that started me thinking about my method of playing especially when I have a good feeling about one set of numbers. 

It seems to me to make sense to play box only and load up when it feels good. play str8 when there are several choices, or not play at all when there are multiple choices.

thanks

p8 

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7314 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2007, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

For this discussion lets assume we know 4# that will come out in next game.  What is the best way to play?  we could play all possible combinations. 24x.5=$12.00  payout $2500

we could play $12.50 in box picks and not worry about order for $2500.  so Which is the better play?

if you play box  you won't get a tax form.  you are free to pay the tax of course, but if you don't you are $750 ahead (30% tax rate assumed).  

of course you could take your best shot for a straight, but if you wanted to be sure how would you play?

if you don't pay the $750 in taxes how many times can you be wrong.  $750/12.5=60 so this tax could finance 60 plays at $12.5.

unless i'm playing several #'s why would I play straight?

I've been thinking about this for a few days.  The logic sounds right but i keep thinking i'm missing something.

p8 

If you're planning on spending $12, play eighteen 50 cent boxes ($9) and key one of 4 digits in one position and play six 50 cents straights ($3). You'll still have to pay taxes on $2500 but the extra $1800 you got from the boxes will offset that.