Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

All new lottery shows on TLC

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Editgap.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: September 23, 2007, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

The shows are listed to be on until 2am. Not sure if they will be others, or the same one, but they all say "new."

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: September 23, 2007, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

Cool the second is a new one too, hope they all are.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2007, 12:47 am - IP Logged

There were three separate one-hour reports, our cable guide said New, 2006, so I think they were filmed in 2006 but just now aired for the first time. 

(Some were obviously file films from pre- 2006, one was about a Big Game winner, which is what Mega Millions used to be known as).  

If I was tracking them right, every winner interviewed won on a quick pick. One woman talked about playing her numbers and having an extra dollar and asked for another ticket and that's the one that won it for her.

They also interviewed a couple who won a progressive slot machine jackpot, and a Publisher's Clearing House winner.

Two of the jackpot winners were involved in making movies about ghosts, as amateurs.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
        nashville
        United States
        Member #49896
        February 18, 2007
        1181 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2007, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

There were three separate one-hour reports, our cable guide said New, 2006, so I think they were filmed in 2006 but just now aired for the first time. 

(Some were obviously file films from pre- 2006, one was about a Big Game winner, which is what Mega Millions used to be known as).  

If I was tracking them right, every winner interviewed won on a quick pick. One woman talked about playing her numbers and having an extra dollar and asked for another ticket and that's the one that won it for her.

They also interviewed a couple who won a progressive slot machine jackpot, and a Publisher's Clearing House winner.

Two of the jackpot winners were involved in making movies about ghosts, as amateurs.

i also watched all 3 hours and i enjoyed them. it said indiana has had the most powerball winners and they also showed the numbers that are drawn most often in lotteries. the largest unclaimed jackpot was $51 million dollars so the show had a lot of information for anyone who likes the lottery. tennessee showed that lottery commercial with the balls bouncing on the piano during the shows so they still show that misleading advertisement here.

United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10351 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2007, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Yeah- they didn't say for any specific lottery, but here's the numbers that hit most often:

50   54   31   8   25   44

and the least often:  33

Wonder how many people that watched will be playing them! 

Also, they said the first U.S. lotto (after lotteries hadn't been allowed for years) was New Hampshire in 1964 and the jackpot was $100,000.

(I thought it was later than 1964). 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Dolce, Illinois
            United States
            Member #26462
            November 18, 2005
            50 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2007, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

These shows are the 'good' winner stories.  Not the ones about how the lottery ruined their lives.

I read awhile back that although the lotteries don't sponsor such shows, they don't hinder them.  So, they tend to be a bit propaganda.

Nonetheless, they're fun to watch.  Gives you an idea of how people handle winning.  For me, I enjoy that part more than seeing what they buy, etc.

My question for those who appear on these shows would be 'do you get more requests for donations, etc, after the show airs'?

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
              A long and winding road
              United States
              Member #17084
              June 10, 2005
              4528 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2007, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

The two that aired in my time ( I had football to endure on Sunday)...so I did see the young buck who won and decided to keep working! Then he decided the Air force might be his forte in life. He is a thrill seeker so maybe he'll get to experience life on the govt terms. Thats a thrilling thought! (not really).

Then there was the couple that were down on their luck, won a good chunk and bought a slew of cars! My oh my how tickled they were to delight in that ! Then the husband went on to be manager of a car lot!

What I liked most is the fact that they DID decide to keep working! They decided to do it on their own terms though which is probably the factor most folks would agree with. I just liked the fact that they were average folks and didnt let the money make them arrogant. Far too many folks get interviewed and have moved up the ladder yet didnt take their humility with them.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2007, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

TheGameGrl

Guess you missed the postal workers. One guy said the other one "Gave them his notice at the press conference, and he really meant it. After that he went home and "called in rich".  

Lep

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                  A long and winding road
                  United States
                  Member #17084
                  June 10, 2005
                  4528 Posts
                  Posted: September 24, 2007, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

TheGameGrl

Guess you missed the postal workers. One guy said the other one "Gave them his notice at the press conference, and he really meant it. After that he went home and "called in rich".  

Thanks for sharing that tidbit of info. Some folks do quit and follow their life passion. Which is my point exactly! They work on their own terms or not. Its a choice not a chore.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5121 Posts
                    Posted: September 25, 2007, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

Starting Sept. 23 at 8pm on TLC. "How the lottery changed my life." Just saw the preview.

thanks sb:

TLC is a great network...."I LIKE IT"!!!!!!!!

They must not pay a lot for their subject's

or too people who have storie's appearing on this NETWORK..........

maby we will see Todd & LP on

this>>>>won????? the TLC network????

LOL>>>>>>>>........................a JACKPOT would work.........22222 

takeitez's avatar - japheth
                      Carters Lake, Ga.
                      United States
                      Member #5313
                      June 29, 2004
                      1065 Posts
                      Posted: September 25, 2007, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

psyskomo,

shouldn't that be;

thanks sb:

TLC is a great network...."I LIKE IT"!!!!!!!!

They must not pay a lot for their subject's

or too people who have storie's appearing on this NETWORK..........

maby we will see Todd & LP on

this>>>>won????? the TLC network????

LOL>>>>>>>>........................a JACKPOT would work.........22222 

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

Urbandale, IA
                        United States
                        Member #8624
                        November 11, 2004
                        115 Posts
                        Posted: September 27, 2007, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Yeah- they didn't say for any specific lottery, but here's the numbers that hit most often:

Also, they said the first U.S. lotto (after lotteries hadn't been allowed for years) was New Hampshire in 1964 and the jackpot was $100,000.

Wow.  There numbers for Powerball last night matched five of those numbers:

25-27-31-44-54 and PB 08

The $10,000 prize was hit hard. 

United States
                          Member #24439
                          October 22, 2005
                          638 Posts
                          Posted: September 29, 2007, 8:26 am - IP Logged

I guess people were playing. I need to get in on some of these mass numbers.