Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$10 on each drawing or $100 on the next 10 drawings

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #47881
November 30, 2006
15 Posts
Posted: September 11, 2007, 1:24 am - IP Logged

I'd like to know what most LP players do. Do you either:

A) Buy your tickets only before each drawing?

or

B) Buy your tickets for the next however many consecutive drawings at once?

And not that I think it matters too much in the end, but I'd like to hear experiences, (especially Californians). Do you find that you win more often with the same numbers over and over? What if you win some amount, but you still have multiple drawings left for that ticket? Can you cash it in and have it still be redeemable for future dates? 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: September 11, 2007, 2:19 am - IP Logged

Since I bet 4 of the same combinations twice a week on the FL Lotto, I suppose it would make sense to just buy some tickets in advance, but I don't.  It would probably save me money, since I have a habit of buying some quick picks too, sort of like impulse at the checkout line.  I only purchase advance play tickets if I know I am leaving the area or if we expect severe weather (like a hurricane) which doesn't happen very often, thank goodness.

Yes, at least in FL if you win money on an advanced play you will get another ticket from the retailer (of course, since you paid for it) but I've never won anything significant, so I just wait if I get 3 numbers ($5 or $6) since I have 6 months to collect it anyway. 

Regarding winning with the same numbers, I've won very little money in over 13 years and often I've played a quick pick 5 times in a row, so I don't think it matters much, if at all unless the lottery fairy sprinkles some magic dust on it.

LaFollette, TN
      United States
      Member #54790
      August 29, 2007
      24 Posts
      Posted: September 11, 2007, 5:35 am - IP Logged

It just depends upon which "system" I'm using.

If my system is hot, then I play daily.  If my back-up system is hot, I can play it in advance since the numbers don't change as often.

Because of the current screwed up TN system, I'm playing my #2, or back-up system.  Hit Sat. for $50.

If I'd have been playing MY system yesterday I'd have won BOTH the Mid-day and evening draws.  :(

BTW:  More "Quick Pick" tickets are sold than the alternative.  More LOSERS are QP too!!

Pete

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10392 Posts
        Posted: September 11, 2007, 11:12 am - IP Logged

jarrettac

Since you specified California I'm going to guess you're talking Mega Millions. If that's the case, I'd say before each drawing, otherwise with advance play you're stuck with the same Mega number for all the draws. They just don't hit 10 times in a row. Two maybe, even three, but I can't recall any more than that. 

We live in a Mega Millions state surrounded by Powerball states. If we go to Missouri and play Powerball then it's advance play.  Granted, same scenario, stuck with a Powerball number, but it's better than making trips just to play Powerball. 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
          Member #50124
          February 26, 2007
          601 Posts
          Posted: September 11, 2007, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

I have a set of "my" numbers that I've been playing every drawing for about 14 years.  For those numbers I get the maximum advance plays, which here is limited to 10.  I hardly ever win on these numbers.  It's been several months since I even got the powerball.

Then before each drawing I'll often go get a quick pick, which I only get for one draw.  I hardly ever win on these numbers.  It's been several months since I even got the powerball.  Green laugh

In Idaho you can cash the advance play ticket in, and the machine spits out another for the remaining draws.  Just remember you're owed a replacement ticket so you don't walk out of the store without it in case you get a green clerk who doesn't know what that alien thing is coming out of the computer.  I've run into some daft clerks lately.

United States
            Member #16612
            June 2, 2005
            3493 Posts
            Posted: September 11, 2007, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

I usually buy once per drawing not consecutive if you did a poll jarrettac.