Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Forum's

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 9 years ago by rteague.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
rteague's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
North Carolina
United States
Member #54608
August 24, 2007
1181 Posts
Posted: September 11, 2007, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

not sure where the correct board is to ask this question,but maybe someone can help me...is there a way to maybe bookmark a couple of my favorite forum threads that may last several days other than just scrolling thru the pages to find it or doing a search ??

thanks rt

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
    ORLANDO, FLORIDA
    United States
    Member #4924
    June 3, 2004
    5896 Posts
    Posted: September 11, 2007, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

not sure where the correct board is to ask this question,but maybe someone can help me...is there a way to maybe bookmark a couple of my favorite forum threads that may last several days other than just scrolling thru the pages to find it or doing a search ??

thanks rt

Click the Suscribe button!!!!  When someone post a response to the thread, you will be notified.

North Carolina
      United States
      Member #54608
      August 24, 2007
      1181 Posts
      Posted: September 11, 2007, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

guess i could do that,but i don't neccessarly (can't spell) want to get an email every time someones post/replies...i'd just like to jump in go right to it without scrolling thru pages or doing a search..but thanks i may try that for a bit 

JAP69's avatar - alas
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #6
        November 4, 2001
        8790 Posts
        Posted: September 11, 2007, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

Add the url of the topic you want to jump to to your favorites on your computer.

WHATT

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49699 Posts
          Posted: September 11, 2007, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

thanks rt

Click Favorites and Select Topic or Post!

Click Members and Select My Favorites to View!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

North Carolina
            United States
            Member #54608
            August 24, 2007
            1181 Posts
            Posted: September 11, 2007, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

ok GREAT thanks !!!!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23260 Posts
              Posted: September 11, 2007, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

thanks rt

I'm glad you asked the question, because there are SO MANY features that lots of people aren't taking advantage of.  The Favorites is a great example of that.

You can mark your favorite forums, members, topics, and individual posts.  I use it all the time to keep track of posts that contain a topic that I know I'll want to come back to for some reason.

The other benefit is that by having members mark their favorite posts, other members can find quality topics, just by checking other members' shared favorites.

Lastly, you have the abitlity to make your favorites private, if you just want to keep them to yourself.

Favorites is a lot different than subscribing, because as you said you DON'T need to receive e-mails for every post on the topic.

(Although with subscriptions, there is the ability to significantly cut down on the number of e-mails you get, by having it only send an e-mail if you've recently visited the topic.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

North Carolina
                United States
                Member #54608
                August 24, 2007
                1181 Posts
                Posted: September 11, 2007, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

exactly what i was looking for,i knew there had to be a way to do it,i just couldn't figure it out...

thanks,love the site

rt