Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottophile - Number Statistics

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Lottophile.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #55132
September 13, 2007
3 Posts
Posted: September 13, 2007, 11:41 am - IP Logged

I tried to find a simple easy web site that gives me the statistics of the lottery winning numbers, but couldn't find free one. So I spent a couple of weeks to create one, and would like to share it to others. it is hosted at Lottophile dot com (This forum doesn't allow links in a post). It is a no-ads and non-commercial web site. Currently it supports only Mega Millions, Powerball, and Hot Ball. The statistics only include the numbers from the current game matrix. The statistics with mixing the numbers from old and new game matrices are just not right.

James

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49808 Posts
    Posted: September 13, 2007, 11:58 am - IP Logged

When you select Group 2, you get an error message instead of the data:

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23274 Posts
      Posted: September 13, 2007, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I tried to find a simple easy web site that gives me the statistics of the lottery winning numbers, but couldn't find free one. So I spent a couple of weeks to create one, and would like to share it to others. it is hosted at Lottophile dot com (This forum doesn't allow links in a post). It is a no-ads and non-commercial web site. Currently it supports only Mega Millions, Powerball, and Hot Ball. The statistics only include the numbers from the current game matrix. The statistics with mixing the numbers from old and new game matrices are just not right.

James

It's very easy to find stats for MM and PB.  USA Mega (www.usamega.com) comes up near the top for most Mega Millions and Powerball search terms on Google.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #55132
        September 13, 2007
        3 Posts
        Posted: September 13, 2007, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Isn't the Powerball game matrix changed on 8/28/2005? USA Mega just mixes numbers from the old and new matrices together.

Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
          New York, NY
          United States
          Member #39471
          May 16, 2006
          2696 Posts
          Posted: September 13, 2007, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

James

Thanks Lottophile. It's a veryuseful site. Although some of the info can be foudn elsewhere you have it in an easyily accessible and intuitive format. Thanks...

$$$

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: September 13, 2007, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

James

If I may make a suggestion.  Showing the number of drawings rather than the number of days since a number last hit may be more useful since days between drawings varies.  For example in MegaMillions it has been 45 drawings since #15 last hit and that was true after Tuesday's drawing and will remain so until Friday's drawing while 155 days is only good one day.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23274 Posts
              Posted: September 13, 2007, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Isn't the Powerball game matrix changed on 8/28/2005? USA Mega just mixes numbers from the old and new matrices together.

I suppose you can say that.  But many people also look at it in the opposite way, and there's a lot more stats at USA Mega, and easier to use.  (Sortable lots of ways too.)  To each their own.

You are asking for donations tho.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                Member #55132
                September 13, 2007
                3 Posts
                Posted: September 20, 2007, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

James

I added a new feature to the web site. Now you can select the time frame you are intested in by specifying the start and end dates.

James