Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

new votes in polls

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 9 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #23835
October 16, 2005
3471 Posts
Posted: September 22, 2007, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Hey Todd,

I see the lunatic has a new username (unless it's just somebody else's warped sense of humor) and seems to have been nice enough to vote in just about every poll on the site. When a new vote moves the thread  to the top of the list, but doesn't show up as a new post in the "last post" listing, it usually saves me (and presumably most other people) the effort of looking at a thread that doesn't have new content.

Today it seems that all of those votes have resulted in the last post list indicating there really was a new post. I'm hoping that's a temporary glitch, or perhaps there were real posts that you deleted. It seems to me that having every new vote, even if it's by somebody with more credibility, make the thread look like it has new content isn't the best choice. If this is actually a change in the status quo I think the old method is better.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: September 22, 2007, 6:52 am - IP Logged

I appreciate reports of bad posts.  The best way to report abusive posts is by clicking the "Report Abuse" link directly on the post in question, which automatically sends me all the pertinent information, such as username and a link to the post.  If possible, I'd prefer to keep the Suggestions forum for just suggestions.

That being said, I'm not sure which user you're referring to, so could you send me a PM to let me know?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!