Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mortal Lock of the Day, Plus - 9/23

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 9 years ago by eddessaknight.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
LAS VEGAS
United States
Member #47729
November 22, 2006
4507 Posts
Posted: September 23, 2007, 5:36 am - IP Logged
Charlestown:
LOCK
Race- 1: #1 @5/2
~

3rd @ BELMONT PARK:

#5 @3/5
#1 @ 4/1
#3 @9/2
#2  @6/2

~
Delaware
RACE #1 -: #3 OH SUGAR @6/1
~
Calder
RACE #2:, @ 6-1
~
Hawthorne
Race 9 - #6  @ 7/2
~
For now-
EddessaKnight Sun Smiley
`
    LAS VEGAS
    United States
    Member #47729
    November 22, 2006
    4507 Posts
    Posted: September 23, 2007, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

Winning Results Update:

~

CT
    Race- 1: LOCK
    #1 WIN = $3.40  -  Place $3.20
    ~

3rd @ BELMONT PARK:

#5 WIN $2.40  -  Place $2.10  -  Show #2.10
    #1 Place = #3.10 & Show= $2.10

#2 SHOW = $3.00                                                                           
    Exacta 5-1 = $6.50                                                                        Trifecta = $19.20

#3=0ut
    ~
    Delaware
    RACE #1- #3- out
    ~
    Calder
    RACE #2: SHOW = $2.60
    ~
    5 out of seven pics in the money $.....
    ~
    Re: MORTAL LOCK:
    $3.40 & $3.20 -- (no show betting, scratched to 5 horse field).

"Not bad prices, especially to place, considering his degree of lockitude.
    Wink"
    ~C
    EddessaKnight Sun Smiley
      LAS VEGAS
      United States
      Member #47729
      November 22, 2006
      4507 Posts
      Posted: September 23, 2007, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

10th Belmont L/S in last race:

~

#5 @8/1

~

And OR:

R-10

~

~

E

LAS VEGAS
        United States
        Member #47729
        November 22, 2006
        4507 Posts
        Posted: September 23, 2007, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Closing Reports:

9th Hawthorn

#6 = Place $3.20 & Show $2.20

~

10th Belmont L/S in last race:

~

#5 out

#7 out

#11 WIN $13.60  - $6.20  -  $4.10

#1  Show = $3.60

~

EddessaKnight Sun Smiley

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
          FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2007, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Eddessa, good work on the "mortal lock".  I'm surprised it paid that much too.

LAS VEGAS
            United States
            Member #47729
            November 22, 2006
            4507 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2007, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

Eddessa, good work on the "mortal lock".  I'm surprised it paid that much too.

Rick G, etal-

Thank you Rick for appreciating the payoff challenge with LOCK selections. I mostly post the 'mortal lock' pics at the behest of Mike, a PM who only wants the closest thing to the ostensible sure bet.

( Jay Trotter: [waiting for the race result to be announced] I've done nothing to deserve this anguish. )

WHO DOESN"T LIKE 20/1 BOMBS?                                                                                                              No one gets excited about 3/5 pics and I really don't care to reside in a 3/5 world. Your betting against the public at large and basically you can't make money going along with the mob.

DOWN ON THE RACEBOOK FARM                                                                                                                  That being said, outside non wagering theorists and purists, many people disdain favorites, and low odds horses, because they think it is somehow beneath them, or shows a lack of ingenuity. They are  right a degree because it is so hard to make money on low price horses. Although I prefer unconventional game plans to overcome the track negative expectation, still, if one can find a way to make money on low odds horses, it absolutely DOMINATES playing longshots (which I love)  with regards to bankroll growth. To sharp pro betters in Vegas, the absolute HOLY GRAIL is a 10% ROI on 60% winners. That will most likely destroy just about anything else in the long run; doesn't matter if that's done by dutching several horses, or with a single horse.

In the end, the ONLY thing that matters to betters are winning bet selections, a real life, and profit/loss.

Looney: I'm sure glad I didn't bet.
            Jay Trotter: You didn't bet?
            Looney: I woulda had a heart attack.

~Let It Ride

I will be back to share some humble insights on parlay wagering-

Best Wishes All-

EddessaKnight

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
              FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2007, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Rick G, etal-

Thank you Rick for appreciating the payoff challenge with LOCK selections. I mostly post the 'mortal lock' pics at the behest of Mike, a PM who only wants the closest thing to the ostensible sure bet.

( Jay Trotter: [waiting for the race result to be announced] I've done nothing to deserve this anguish. )

WHO DOESN"T LIKE 20/1 BOMBS?                                                                                                              No one gets excited about 3/5 pics and I really don't care to reside in a 3/5 world. Your betting against the public at large and basically you can't make money going along with the mob.

DOWN ON THE RACEBOOK FARM                                                                                                                  That being said, outside non wagering theorists and purists, many people disdain favorites, and low odds horses, because they think it is somehow beneath them, or shows a lack of ingenuity. They are  right a degree because it is so hard to make money on low price horses. Although I prefer unconventional game plans to overcome the track negative expectation, still, if one can find a way to make money on low odds horses, it absolutely DOMINATES playing longshots (which I love)  with regards to bankroll growth. To sharp pro betters in Vegas, the absolute HOLY GRAIL is a 10% ROI on 60% winners. That will most likely destroy just about anything else in the long run; doesn't matter if that's done by dutching several horses, or with a single horse.

In the end, the ONLY thing that matters to betters are winning bet selections, a real life, and profit/loss.

Looney: I'm sure glad I didn't bet.
              Jay Trotter: You didn't bet?
              Looney: I woulda had a heart attack.

~Let It Ride

I will be back to share some humble insights on parlay wagering-

Best Wishes All-

EddessaKnight

I hope you didn't misunderstand me.  It is very difficult to get 4/5 closing odds in a mortal lock situation and that's what I meant by my post.  Most times those kind of plays pay off at 1/2 or less.

LAS VEGAS
                United States
                Member #47729
                November 22, 2006
                4507 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2007, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I hope you didn't misunderstand me.  It is very difficult to get 4/5 closing odds in a mortal lock situation and that's what I meant by my post.  Most times those kind of plays pay off at 1/2 or less.

@Rick,

Me takes you correctly as you intended on the 'mortal locks' Smile

my imperfect commentary was generic on overall win/loss ala fav & bombs stragegies.

~

EddessaKnight Sun Smiley