Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Opening A Private Offshore Bank Account for Gambling

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 9 years ago by time*treat.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Anywhere & Everywhere
United States
Member #10713
January 23, 2005
290 Posts
Posted: September 26, 2007, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Is there someone that can assist me with opening a private offshore bank account that will accept my online gambling financial transfers. I live in the US?

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: September 27, 2007, 3:37 am - IP Logged

Is there someone that can assist me with opening a private offshore bank account that will accept my online gambling financial transfers. I live in the US?

... Mostly foreigners interested in ripping off an American with more money than judgement. They will happily set up an account for you ... then empty it.

Even with that obstacle surmounted, the matter of "privacy" is relative. That is, you have to answer the question; who are you keeping the account "private" from?

Nosey neighbor? Doable.

Nosey lawsuit? No. Not if you want to be able to use it. There are better options.

Nosey Gov't agency? See "Nosey lawsuit".

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: September 27, 2007, 3:53 am - IP Logged

... Mostly foreigners interested in ripping off an American with more money than judgement. They will happily set up an account for you ... then empty it.

Even with that obstacle surmounted, the matter of "privacy" is relative. That is, you have to answer the question; who are you keeping the account "private" from?

Nosey neighbor? Doable.

Nosey lawsuit? No. Not if you want to be able to use it. There are better options.

Nosey Gov't agency? See "Nosey lawsuit".

Which better options?

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: September 27, 2007, 4:39 am - IP Logged

Which better options?

For protecting assets against frivolous lawsuits (a growing problem) and privacy, more people are setting up trusts. It's not so much as "hiding", but about making inaccessible.

I want to be clear, and say this is not a receive-summons-on-Monday-set-up-trust-on-Tuesday type of thing. These things have to be "old-and-cold" i.e., in existence (long) before the "trouble" begins, because a judge can disallow a trust, under some circumstances.

If you own an estate - and die, your heirs may have a sudden (and huge) tax bill due. If your estate is held in trust, your death doesn't trigger tax on the estate, because it was not held by "you" but by the trust. The only thing that might change is the trustee (the person who manages the assets in the trust). That's how the wealthy pass down those huge mansions and plantations generation after generation. And if the property is held by a 'land trust', it will have the bank's name as trustee, not the family's.

Back to the offshore accounts. That, in and of itself, is perfectly legal for US citizens (there is even a convenient little checkbox on your 10-40 asking if you have such a thingEmbarassed). If you go on vacation outside the US, you can open one on your own. 

And, yes, a trust can have bank (or brokerage) accounts among its holdings. 

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: September 27, 2007, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Gracias!

I don't know how safe or unsafe bank accounts might be for americans to have on Mexico and or Canada, but that might also be possible to do, but it would not be "OffShore", just across the border.

---------

http://www.gocayman.ky/component/option,com_directory/page,viewcat/catid,39/Itemid,160/

--------

Go to the border open it, don't keep no more than $999 there at any one time, get a debit and or credit card from them, make sure that it is a good bank, maybe a national bank, make sure that you can do transactions either by phone, Internet transactions might also help if they provide tham, but at least by phone.

Again, don't keep no more than $999 there at any one time, tranfer money to and from your US bank account.

Maybe that would work, but I don't know.

http://www.banamex.com.mx/eng/personal/servicios/bancanet/index.html

Open an account with Banamex.

In person. 

BanaMex and City Bank have merged, kind of. 

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
            Member #13130
            March 30, 2005
            2171 Posts
            Posted: September 27, 2007, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

Canada has much less of a history of "nationalizing" things than Mexico (Canada just VATs the heck out anything that moves). At the moment, for easy conversion 1$US = 1$C, common language, and non-sticky-finger officials, there's no contest. That is, if your issue is just the CC/DC transaction restriction.

You could just use an International Postal Money Order to fund the account, and be done with it. No CC involved at all, that way. No extra bank account to report on. People should know that any bank operating here and overseas, will share info about overseas accounts of American citizens with a US court order asking the branch back home, if it comes up. That's not likly to be an issue among you little p3 players Wink, but I don't want anyone to think we are discussing the magic formula to do all manner of dirt, just how to fund your account without bumping heads with your card company.  (Yeah, I know, another disclaimerRoll Eyes, but people will do all sorts of stupid/criminal things and then try to pass the blame) "Yer Honor, time*treat mislead my client, by implying dat he could safely & lawfully, yer Honor, operate his own mail-order-bride/human trafficking business if he just ... " Well I'd better just leave it at that.