Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:14 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is Greed Good ??

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #46570
September 14, 2006
558 Posts
Posted: September 27, 2007, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Hi all,

Let's say, hypothetically, that you stumbled on a system by accident and were able to win the pick 3's and pick 4's about 4 or 5 times a week consistently. Would you share this info with family, lottery post, or perhaps sell it online for a fee? ..or keep it all to yourself ? I guess you could say its a moral question in some regard. I've heard that lottery officials actually read these posts for those who claim to have a system, then they do comprehensive research using your system to see if it has any validity. I for one, if I found a reliable system that kept making me money, would keep it to myself. Knowing such info could lead to family envy/jealousy and lead to all sort of problems. I guess you could say that  that's the million dollar question here. What do you think ?

My title actualy reminds me of that movie, 'Wall Street' where Micheal Douglas says .. " Greed .. for the lack of a better word... is Good"  lol Naughty 

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8393 Posts
    Posted: September 27, 2007, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

The lottery has been around for a long time bookmakers have been trying to find a system for years and as of yet there is no profitable system to beat the lottery. Reason being is no system can effectively work all the time. What works for a few days might not produce a winner again for several weeks or months.

I would be gratefully if a system would produce 1 pick 3 straight a week, or i 1 pick 4 straight a month. However there are people on here that swear that unless a system hits for every draw then it's worthless. No such system exist.

The lottery isn't worried about people having systems they have a built in safe guards to protect them from people betting any number more than their threshold limit on payouts.

Lotteries know they have a cash cow.  

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10390 Posts
      Posted: September 27, 2007, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

If the system were that good, would it potentially make the game unavailable, or change the payout structure? 

It would really be ironic to develop a system that winds up making the game you figured out how to beat no longer available to you or anyone else.  

There have been threads here about the states "shutting off" certain numbers when they've been played X number of times- the state is only going to pay out so much on any given day on a Pick 3 number.

Wanting to sahre the knowledge is laudable, but truth be known, if you did that and shared it here, as large as this board is, and coinsidering lurkers, someone who saw it here might try to sell it as their own and I'd say that would be where the greed comes in.  

Heck, people hijack threads, you think they wouldn't hijack a system?

It would be hard to resist the Pick 4, but considering taxes and such the smartst thing to do would be to quietly cash in your winning Pick 3 tickets. Just like you said, keep it to yourself.

then read all the thoeires here and just thijnk to yourslef, "Naw, that ain;t the way, but you're getting close." 

The threat title made me think of Wall Street, too! I was going to say, "Only in the movie Wall street" as an answer to the question the title asks.  

Back in the days when "The Outfit" ran the pick 3, before you could play it legally with the state, on July 4th, everyone and his brother bet 776 (from 1776). The "Outfit" used to send guys down to the track to have some fun and bet heavy on the last race of the day, making "odd bets", so as to keep the total mutual handle from landing on 776 (they'd follow the tote board). 

The number came from the last three dollar digits of alternating race tracks- they alternated them so as not to allow any collussion.

Things really haven't changed much, except the state doesn't reduce the payoff by $50 on a straight if the middle digit is 1. (That paid $450 and ot $500, with some bookies).

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Florida
        United States
        Member #46570
        September 14, 2006
        558 Posts
        Posted: September 27, 2007, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

The lottery has been around for a long time bookmakers have been trying to find a system for years and as of yet there is no profitable system to beat the lottery. Reason being is no system can effectively work all the time. What works for a few days might not produce a winner again for several weeks or months.

I would be gratefully if a system would produce 1 pick 3 straight a week, or i 1 pick 4 straight a month. However there are people on here that swear that unless a system hits for every draw then it's worthless. No such system exist.

The lottery isn't worried about people having systems they have a built in safe guards to protect them from people betting any number more than their threshold limit on payouts.

Lotteries know they have a cash cow.  

I know they have safeguards, as about 3 months ago, I was on a hot streak... winning boxed hits on the pick 3 ...then I found something out.. I went to play my set of tickets I had written out and 1 of my numbers would not be allowed to be played. I was like .." You got to be kidding me ?!? " ..then the lottery agent said that if a number has been played a certain # of times, they block that number. So I decided to cheat and play my 3 numbers in a different order instead of straight. Nope!  Those 3 #'s can not be played together weather boxed or straight. I was bummed out.. this had never happened to me before. Later that night, those 3 numbers came out ! I was so upset... And it made me think... How many other lottery players that played that number for it to be blocked off, actually knows something no one else does about picking their numbers. Hmm.. makes you wonder. This still happens to me. When I come across a blocked number that the masses have already played, I know I'm onto something. Is there a system that can be consistent and win 3-5 times a week ? You never know ... saying that no such system exists is not a feasible answer. It can exist .. it just hasn't yet, or no one will let others know about its existance. I guess you could say I look at the glass as half full and am optimistic as well as realistic.

See full size image                                               

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8393 Posts
          Posted: September 27, 2007, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

I know they have safeguards, as about 3 months ago, I was on a hot streak... winning boxed hits on the pick 3 ...then I found something out.. I went to play my set of tickets I had written out and 1 of my numbers would not be allowed to be played. I was like .." You got to be kidding me ?!? " ..then the lottery agent said that if a number has been played a certain # of times, they block that number. So I decided to cheat and play my 3 numbers in a different order instead of straight. Nope!  Those 3 #'s can not be played together weather boxed or straight. I was bummed out.. this had never happened to me before. Later that night, those 3 numbers came out ! I was so upset... And it made me think... How many other lottery players that played that number for it to be blocked off, actually knows something no one else does about picking their numbers. Hmm.. makes you wonder. This still happens to me. When I come across a blocked number that the masses have already played, I know I'm onto something. Is there a system that can be consistent and win 3-5 times a week ? You never know ... saying that no such system exists is not a feasible answer. It can exist .. it just hasn't yet, or no one will let others know about its existance. I guess you could say I look at the glass as half full and am optimistic as well as realistic.

I don't know how to explain this so that everyone will understand.

No system to win consistently playing the lottery has been developed.

It will never be developed we are playing games designed around odds that are mathematically designed so that one cannot bet enough numbers every draw to be profitable.

People come on here and say they can win the lottery playing 40 dollars worth of numbers for every draw. If a box win pays 40 bucks what did you win ! just your money back. Thats not winning thats breaking even.

pick 3 games 40 dollars a draw 2 times a day 7 days a week =  560 bucks odds 1-1000

you need one straight and 2 boxes a week to make 20 dollars profit.

I ain't even gonna go there with pick 4.

Some people cant win a pick 3 straight once a month.

If playing the lottery was  profitable wouldn't big business people be standing in line playing numbers every day instead of the stock market.

Florida
            United States
            Member #46570
            September 14, 2006
            558 Posts
            Posted: September 27, 2007, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

I don't know how to explain this so that everyone will understand.

No system to win consistently playing the lottery has been developed.

It will never be developed we are playing games designed around odds that are mathematically designed so that one cannot bet enough numbers every draw to be profitable.

People come on here and say they can win the lottery playing 40 dollars worth of numbers for every draw. If a box win pays 40 bucks what did you win ! just your money back. Thats not winning thats breaking even.

pick 3 games 40 dollars a draw 2 times a day 7 days a week =  560 bucks odds 1-1000

you need one straight and 2 boxes a week to make 20 dollars profit.

I ain't even gonna go there with pick 4.

Some people cant win a pick 3 straight once a month.

If playing the lottery was  profitable wouldn't big business people be standing in line playing numbers every day instead of the stock market.

I'm not questioning that the odds are against you, but just saying that some systems are better than others and that we should try different methods to see how close we can get more often than not. Some people play for fun while others are hard-core players. Others love to create systems and develop charts and excel sheets and play on paper. If someone comes up with a system that makes them win 2 or 3 times a week , then Kudos to them. I'm realistic and know theres no sure-bet EVERYTIME, but we can do our best and collaborate with others. It's like a sport I guess to see who comes the closest each week or wins most often. If I play 20 dollars a week, thats plenty for me to take a chance. And thats all these games are ... games of chance.

See full size image                                               

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3502 Posts
              Posted: September 28, 2007, 1:45 am - IP Logged

For the most par lottery officials don't care about anything posted here. About the only exception is the occasional participation of a PB official who strongly believes annuity is the better choice. The lottery's interests in public opinion and marketing can be answered much more effectively by other means, and they have no interest in anyone's systems. The odds are in their favor and they will always come out ahead in the long run.

If you think you'd have family problems by sharing a system for winning the lottery, what do you think would happen if you were winning a couple of times each week and wouldn't tell them how?

SirMetro's avatar - center
                East of Atlanta
                United States
                Member #6191
                August 11, 2004
                1389 Posts
                Posted: September 28, 2007, 9:46 am - IP Logged

I don't know about your state, but here in GA, there is what is known as a "Liability Limit" built into both Cash 3 and Cash 4 games. The other games (such as Fantasy 5 and Win 4 Life and Keno) carry what is known as a parimutual clause.

Simply stated, there is a maximum amount of Money that the State is willing to be liable for. In the case of Cash 3 and 4, it's set around 8 to 9 million. What this means is, if a set number of tickets are sold in which the payout will meet or exceed this liability, the State puts a cap in place.

Why, simply put, say you have a million players rush out and buy 10 of the same Cash3 number each. Sure, the State will take in $10 million dollars, BUT, if that one Cash 3 number hits, the State would have to pay-out $500 million dollars, effectively putting the State Lottery OUT of business. NOT a risk the State or any responsible wants to or should take. Sure, it is bad to not get to buy the number you want. But, if you want to keep playing, know you have to give up something to get something sometimes.

JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
                  The Quantum Master
                  West Concord, MN
                  United States
                  Member #21
                  December 7, 2001
                  3684 Posts
                  Posted: September 28, 2007, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

Yes, GREED IS GOOD! Without it there would be no United States of America as we know it. The country was built on greed, fact.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                  Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                  Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                  Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                  Wisdom is Not Censored
                  Douglas Paul Smallish
                  Jehocifer

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10390 Posts
                    Posted: September 28, 2007, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Yes, GREED IS GOOD! Without it there would be no United States of America as we know it. The country was built on greed, fact.

Interesting JadeLotery, since a good part of our reason for being started over taxation without representation. Big tea party over it in Boston at one time. (Well, actually two times).

Greed, but greed on the part of King George & Co. Or prhaps that should be King George & Co. LTD.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5143 Posts
                      Posted: September 28, 2007, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

Hi all,

Let's say, hypothetically, that you stumbled on a system by accident and were able to win the pick 3's and pick 4's about 4 or 5 times a week consistently. Would you share this info with family, lottery post, or perhaps sell it online for a fee? ..or keep it all to yourself ? I guess you could say its a moral question in some regard. I've heard that lottery officials actually read these posts for those who claim to have a system, then they do comprehensive research using your system to see if it has any validity. I for one, if I found a reliable system that kept making me money, would keep it to myself. Knowing such info could lead to family envy/jealousy and lead to all sort of problems. I guess you could say that  that's the million dollar question here. What do you think ?

My title actualy reminds me of that movie, 'Wall Street' where Micheal Douglas says .. " Greed .. for the lack of a better word... is Good"  lol Naughty 

hi all,

Your hypo and theryo was way out educationinooooooooooooooooo

but, if U hit the JACKPOTHHERO^^^^^^^PSYKOMO is UR life's FREND!

PUT a SUBJECT in CONTEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

win jackpot,..........

JAW about "it"$$$

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        51098 Posts
                        Posted: September 28, 2007, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Greed may not really work so well within the capitalist system, what's good for the few can work against the common good — which includes the fates of average investors, workers, the economy and honest business people.

"If you have an unregulated arena, cheaters win, but if you have a civil society, which we do, with a series of checks and balances, by all means the honest people can win. … Honesty and integrity is the way to conduct business."

Greed — as opposed to honest competition, ambition and hard work — is bad.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5143 Posts
                          Posted: September 28, 2007, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

hi all,

Your hypo and theryo was way out educationinooooooooooooooooo

but, if U hit the JACKPOTHHERO^^^^^^^PSYKOMO is UR life's FREND!

PUT a SUBJECT in CONTEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

win jackpot,..........

JAW about "it"$$$

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

thanks ALL^^^^^^^^^

put a subject in perspective............(what do I understand bout-it)

IF it is almost to G@@D to be TRUE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THEN, most likly,>>>>>>>>>>>>>YOU are CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INSENTAVATIVE

is what ALL of HUMAN being's ......"need"

to save money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

to L@@K for G@@D FOOD to EAT^^^^^^^^^^

to come to a PLACE where ........(U-KAN-do-that)

?????????????????????

where can U-sit & watch all the world on UR tv.......& have all of ur

power paid FOR if U can't AFFORD..................'IT'......(POOR BABIES)

only in........lol>>>>> "AMERICA" (a PEACE of s**t)

ARTiE "Kountry"

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                            Member #41383
                            June 16, 2006
                            1969 Posts
                            Posted: October 1, 2007, 12:30 am - IP Logged

I would not tell a SOUL, including my wife.

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7343 Posts
                              Posted: October 1, 2007, 3:10 am - IP Logged

Hi all,

Greed is the reason why there are no consistent winning systems. People don't want to put up a $500 to get back $1000 on Pick-3 or Pick-4 games and let's face it, to get the same odds on Pick-5s and Lotto games, it would cost more money than we have. And I guessing with all the "what would you do if you hit the jackpot" threads, they wouldn't be satisfied collecting $1000 for every $500 they bet.

I've read quite a few of the "do something to the last draw" systems but there is little or no follow up so people apparently get bored after a week or two and try something else. Or after a couple of draws the system gets expanded to include "all states" just to have bragging rights.

Bookies probably still take lottery bets and pay out at $600 to 1 because they know in the long run the percentages are in their favor. If only Tennessee would have hired a bookie to run its lottery.