Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Won Again?!?!

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 9 years ago by spy153.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: October 4, 2007, 9:36 am - IP Logged

This is actually very rare isn't it.  3 drawings in a row now and two of them at the minimum level.  With tickets sales so low at that level it is suprising to see this happening.  I can't believe it happened in MM also.  It really does seem like these games move together. 

Brad

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49620 Posts
    Posted: October 4, 2007, 10:04 am - IP Logged

It happened: The past does not equal the future, so as time goes on I'm sure you'll see other infrequent events.

1 Player Matched 5+1:
    - 1 from Connecticut

10 Players Matched 5+0:
    - 1 from Connecticut with Power Play
    - 1 from Iowa
    - 2 from Kentucky
    - 1 from New Hampshire
    - 2 from Oregon
    - 2 from Pennsylvania
    - 1 from Rhode Island

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Knoxville
      United States
      Member #13510
      April 7, 2005
      89 Posts
      Posted: October 4, 2007, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, this is kinda weird.  Wonder what the odds of 3 consective draws getting hit were.  The first was due but the next two in a row is kinda crazy.

Warwick, R.I.
        United States
        Member #23315
        October 10, 2005
        32 Posts
        Posted: October 4, 2007, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Listen guys, look at the previous drawing from PB. The sum was 206. What goes up must come down. I've studied PB sums for some time know. The other thing that not to many people know, unless you work near a terminal, is that this drawing is a typical quick pick. I've been working at a retailer for 4 years know, and I look at almost every quick pick sold. How many of you guys would actually play a sum 200+, and a sum below 90? Not me. Its the quick picks that put you in those ranges.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
          Member #32537
          February 12, 2006
          698 Posts
          Posted: October 4, 2007, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

mega i know its random, thanks for pointing that out.

but hot damn, 2 low level jackpots won at 15 m in a roll, WTF

o well guest its just that odd wild time Perior for powerball drawings to win back to back to back

the lotto making a ton more muti-millioners way faster

and to the long term players to boot!

not the jump on the ship when its big jackpots  types.

at last give us a 200 plus before xmas pb!  Disapprove

United States
            Member #24439
            October 22, 2005
            638 Posts
            Posted: October 4, 2007, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Where do they get the $30 M is what I want to know?

rteague's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
              North Carolina
              United States
              Member #54608
              August 24, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: October 4, 2007, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

so megatron...the sum you speak of,is that including the pb number or not ??

rteague's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                North Carolina
                United States
                Member #54608
                August 24, 2007
                1181 Posts
                Posted: October 4, 2007, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

and what is considered a good range or sum of the 5 or 6 numbers...

NY
                  United States
                  Member #23835
                  October 16, 2005
                  3474 Posts
                  Posted: October 5, 2007, 10:18 am - IP Logged

Listen guys, look at the previous drawing from PB. The sum was 206. What goes up must come down. I've studied PB sums for some time know. The other thing that not to many people know, unless you work near a terminal, is that this drawing is a typical quick pick. I've been working at a retailer for 4 years know, and I look at almost every quick pick sold. How many of you guys would actually play a sum 200+, and a sum below 90? Not me. Its the quick picks that put you in those ranges.

Sums?  Have you ever thought about studying calendars? Most months have 30 or 31 days, and everyone born since Pope Gregory monkeyed around with the calandar was born during one of those months or the weird one.  There's a chance the winner was a QP, but it's far more likely that it was somebody playing birthday numbers. It's a sure bet that the high number of 5+0 winners was because people chose their own numbers.

How many people would play numbers that add up to less than 90? All those people whose family was born early in the month.  How many woul dplay numbers that add up to more than 200? The smart ones who don't want to share the jackpot.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: October 5, 2007, 10:20 am - IP Logged

so megatron...the sum you speak of,is that including the pb number or not ??

It might be somewhere else on your machine, but you could always look here: 

Start > programs > accessories > calculator

Maryland
                      United States
                      Member #35590
                      March 20, 2006
                      185 Posts
                      Posted: October 5, 2007, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Have you ever seen The Matrix Revolution..........if you have figured out the movie especially the final 15 minutes....then you will figure out what it takes to make the Jackpot games your own personal playground......AT will you can make the system do things, it does not want to do. That does not mean you will hit the jackpot....but you will hit enough to keep on rolling ahead of the curve. My final hint to you comes from Choas55....."you must be willing to sacrifice to be victorious"...."in one hand you must give it all up and in the other hand you will take it ll back."........

If you figure that riddle out.....you'll be in for the ride of your life.

Morrison, IL
                        United States
                        Member #4657
                        May 13, 2004
                        1884 Posts
                        Posted: October 6, 2007, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Where do they get the $30 M is what I want to know?

Actually, it's really only about $14.5 million because the $15 million is a graduated annuity. They have to dig into their set prize reserve and it comes out of future nonguaranteed jackpots, just as greater-than-expected fixed prize awards do.

As for the Powerball jackpot being won three draws in a row, it already happened before around this time last year as well, and that followed a string of seven $100+ million annuity jackpot runs.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                          Member #28409
                          December 15, 2005
                          1198 Posts
                          Posted: October 6, 2007, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Actually, it's really only about $14.5 million because the $15 million is a graduated annuity. They have to dig into their set prize reserve and it comes out of future nonguaranteed jackpots, just as greater-than-expected fixed prize awards do.

As for the Powerball jackpot being won three draws in a row, it already happened before around this time last year as well, and that followed a string of seven $100+ million annuity jackpot runs.

RAYANM, you said what I was going to say.  And as far as the christmas pot, well, it only takes a couple of months for that one to get big.  So we got all of october to play around for a pot.Wink

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                            Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #48725
                            January 7, 2007
                            1953 Posts
                            Posted: October 6, 2007, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

I think they were both quick picks.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7295 Posts
                              Posted: October 6, 2007, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

This is actually very rare isn't it.  3 drawings in a row now and two of them at the minimum level.  With tickets sales so low at that level it is suprising to see this happening.  I can't believe it happened in MM also.  It really does seem like these games move together. 

Brad

The $26 million Mega Million jackpot was hit last night too. At least we know it wasn't won by a jackpot hunter that waits until the jackpot reaches $250 before buying tickets.