Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

any thoughts please

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 9 years ago by time*treat.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ipswich
United Kingdom
Member #13916
April 17, 2005
4 Posts
Posted: October 7, 2007, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

Hi there,

I'm a regular lottery player in the uk, and I play the same 7 lines for the uk lottery twice a week. Yesterday something strange happened and I'm hoping that I can get some feedback on here about it.

My partner works in a pub, he was working last night and when I picked him up in the early hours he gave me a completed lottery slip that he had found outside the pub and said I wonder if this person won? the actual ticket was missing though.

So I had a look at the numbers and one of the lines, there were two, was the same as one of my lines bar one number!!! Now I know that my partner has no idea what my numbers are so it is not as if he could have copied it!

I want to know what are the odds of finding a ticket with 5 of the 6 numbers that I play on one of my lines is?

If anyone has any idea I'd be really grateful!!!!

I intend to play this new line this week and see what happens!!!!

good luck everyone and thank you

Leigh xx

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: October 7, 2007, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

In the 6/49, the odds are 6c5 * 43c1 / 49c6, or

6 (ways of choosing 5 of the numbers you played) * 43 (ways of choosing 1 number you didn't play) / 13,983,816 (possible combinations) 

258 in 13,983,816 = 0.001845% , about 1 in 50,000 odds

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.