Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

how did RNG start and when did it spread to other states?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 9 years ago by JimmySand9.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: October 10, 2007, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

how did RNG start and when did it spread to other states?

what was the first state to go computerized and what was the year.and after that what were the years others started to go RNG.i'm interested in when this started and how it spread.what caused it to become such a foothold lottery wise?

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
    Harbinger
    D.C./MD.
    United States
    Member #44103
    July 30, 2006
    5583 Posts
    Posted: October 10, 2007, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

It was similar to how the Bubonic plague and the Ebola virus spread, both lethal and ugly in the end.  But since we have technology to deal with non-biologically based types of diseases, we may be able to save the patient now, before it is too late.&

Puke

We must purge the RNG (Recklessitis Numerasia Generosis) out, so the patient may live,  nothing is more precious than an RNG free lottery.

Remember get your RNG shots this fall!  Don't get RNG! 

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: October 11, 2007, 1:39 am - IP Logged

The RNG craze did not start in the US, but in British Columbia. They've been using computers since about 1986. I think the first US lottery to use computers was California, followed by Nebraska, both started in 1995. It's been downhill ever since.

(insert signature here)

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: October 11, 2007, 2:19 am - IP Logged

thanks for the info jimmy.its sad because little by little it has spread state by state.recently it has happened with wisconsin,missouri and tennessee as the three most recent who went from balls to RNG.MUSL computerizing hot lotto is a danger sign ahead in regards to powerball also i'm afraid.once states start seeing they can cheat players with RNG they'll try.looks like florida was doing a poll on it and there have been rumors about texas as well.

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: October 11, 2007, 2:55 am - IP Logged

thanks for the info jimmy.its sad because little by little it has spread state by state.recently it has happened with wisconsin,missouri and tennessee as the three most recent who went from balls to RNG.MUSL computerizing hot lotto is a danger sign ahead in regards to powerball also i'm afraid.once states start seeing they can cheat players with RNG they'll try.looks like florida was doing a poll on it and there have been rumors about texas as well.

There were rumors about Texas a while ago, I remember. But I haven't heard much about it lately. They may not try it for at least a little while because the Texas Lottery had some scandals of their own not too long ago, but then again, I thought the one good thing about Rebecca Paul was she believed in balls, and look where that got us.

(insert signature here)

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
            Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: October 11, 2007, 3:42 am - IP Logged

I heard a while back that Tx wanted to use RNGs, but they were told that RNGs were not random enough and also that people might not want them used here.

The truth is that most people would not really care as they don't know anything about such things.

And also it is true that RNGs if programmed right can be random enough for lottery use.

Even so, I myself now don't want them used here, it is a lot easier for the lottery to cheat player with RNGs, it can of course also be done with balls, but it is harder to do.

My biggest complaint now is with the pretests.

The lotteries really should not hold their own drawings. 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5120 Posts
              Posted: October 11, 2007, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

The RNG craze did not start in the US, but in British Columbia. They've been using computers since about 1986. I think the first US lottery to use computers was California, followed by Nebraska, both started in 1995. It's been downhill ever since.

thanks>>>>>>>>>>>>JS9:

The start in 1986...........computer being able to get programed for

an RNG..........................really blew my mind>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

that must have been a FUN PROGRAM........?????????????????????

THEY must have used "FUNNY MONEY".......too for the PAYOUT$$

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ......too UR >>>>JACKPOT!! 

Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: October 12, 2007, 12:32 am - IP Logged

the main thing now is to try and keep any newer lotteries that form from starting out with computerized draws.luckily both north carolina and oklahoma use balls.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23262 Posts
                  Posted: October 12, 2007, 8:50 am - IP Logged

the main thing now is to try and keep any newer lotteries that form from starting out with computerized draws.luckily both north carolina and oklahoma use balls.

Tennessee started out with balls too (as you know), so it can happen to any state. 

Tennessee would have been the last state I would have thought would go to computers.  I really thought Hargrove was smarter than that.  It just shows that success can go to someone's head, and every state is susceptible.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                    Member #1826
                    July 11, 2003
                    2645 Posts
                    Posted: October 12, 2007, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

It's kind of funny that OK has balls, seeing Jim Scroggins brought RNGs to Missouri. Maybe he got some sense knocked into him.

(insert signature here)