Welcome Guest
You last visited December 14, 2017, 11:43 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hastings Sure Shot / Hawthorne -10/14

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 10 years ago by Rick G.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: October 14, 2007, 9:26 am - IP Logged

After yesterday's debacle I'm swearing off turf races.  I played four races on yesterday's Hawthorne card.  The first three were allowance races on the dirt.  In the first two of those I had trifecta boxes with my top three and the third race was a straight trifecta.  The fourth race I played was a stakes race on the turf...all three of my picks finished out of the money.  Bang Head

At Hastings Park today there's a horse running in the 8th Race that has a substantial class advantage over his rivals.  He won't pay squat but I don't see how he can lose.  This race is on the dirt at 1 3/8 mile.

Premiere Handicap - Gr. 3

# 8 True Metropolitan (6/5)

# 4 Trick Of The North (12/1)

# 2 Sir Gallovic (5/2)

Hawthorne -

7th Race 

# 6 McMurphy (7/2)

# 10 Big Red Ranger (6/1)

# 3 Stars Of The Sea (10/1)

Exacta and trifecta boxes were very profitable yesterday with this type of race (Allowance / dirt).  We'll see if it continues today.

Good luck to all!   Troll

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: October 14, 2007, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

After yesterday's debacle I'm swearing off turf races.  I played four races on yesterday's Hawthorne card.  The first three were allowance races on the dirt.  In the first two of those I had trifecta boxes with my top three and the third race was a straight trifecta.  The fourth race I played was a stakes race on the turf...all three of my picks finished out of the money.  Bang Head

At Hastings Park today there's a horse running in the 8th Race that has a substantial class advantage over his rivals.  He won't pay squat but I don't see how he can lose.  This race is on the dirt at 1 3/8 mile.

Premiere Handicap - Gr. 3

# 8 True Metropolitan (6/5)

# 4 Trick Of The North (12/1)

# 2 Sir Gallovic (5/2)

Hawthorne -

7th Race 

# 6 McMurphy (7/2)

# 10 Big Red Ranger (6/1)

# 3 Stars Of The Sea (10/1)

Exacta and trifecta boxes were very profitable yesterday with this type of race (Allowance / dirt).  We'll see if it continues today.

Good luck to all!   Troll

Both top picks Placed.  McMurphy paid $6.00 and True Metropolitan paid $2.10.  Loser day.

Very surprising that True Metropolitan didn't win his race.  So I looked at the race again to see where I made my mistake.  Then it jumped out at me....he had to carry 129 lbs. compared to the winner's 116 lbs.....a 13 pound difference over 1 3/8 miles!  You won't see a weight assignment of 129 lbs. at American tracks.

A while back I checked out how weight affected the speed of an object.  Surprisingly it has a lot of influence in longer races...there's a physics formula for it.  I'll have to check that out again and see how I can incorporate it.  It made the difference today.

Sorry for the false claim of a "sure bet".  There's no such thing...   Wink

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).