Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball stats updated at USA Mega!

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23261 Posts
Posted: October 16, 2007, 10:47 am - IP Logged

The Powerball statistics page at USA Mega has been updated to separate the draws with the two additional white balls that started Aug. 31, 2005.  I know a lot of people have been waiting for the change, so I'm glad to finally get it done.

Now you can see how 14 is the most popular Powerball, drawn three times more than the next most popular Powerball, and that the number 6 has not been drawn since May 16th (5 months).

The Powerball stats page can be found here:

http://www.usamega.com/powerball-stats.asp

The notes at the bottom describe what each of the columns mean, and allow you to select one of the three previous versions of the game.

At the top of the page you can select only recent draws, including Last 10, Last 20, Last 30, Last 40, Last 50, Last 75, and Last 100.

You can also sort by any of the columns by clicking the column header.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49699 Posts
    Posted: October 16, 2007, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

WTG Todd! Thumbs Up U Da Man!

PS: Could you also fix the Powerball Ways to Win Page: The 2+1 Winner figures don't seem to match. (the number of 2+1 non-power play winners and 2+1 power play winners are out of line percentage wise when compared to overall non-power play and power play ticket sales.)

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23261 Posts
      Posted: October 16, 2007, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

WTG Todd! Thumbs Up U Da Man!

PS: Could you also fix the Powerball Ways to Win Page: The 2+1 Winner figures don't seem to match. (the number of 2+1 non-power play winners and 2+1 power play winners are out of line percentage wise when compared to overall non-power play and power play ticket sales.)

Something tells me your "WTG's" are sarcastic.

The 2+1 winners (and the other levels) listed at USA Mega are correct.  Unless you're saying the official Powerball site is wrong, of course.

I think the problem may be that you're reading the page wrong.  The page says (for the recent 2+1 winners) 18,454  (3,608 with Power Play).  That means a total of 18,454 tickets matched the prize level, and 3,608 of those 18,454 tickets were played with Power Play.  (Meaning 14,846 were not played with Power Play.)

Does that ratio not make sense?  I just report what MUSL is telling me.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49699 Posts
        Posted: October 16, 2007, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

Something tells me your "WTG's" are sarcastic.

The 2+1 winners (and the other levels) listed at USA Mega are correct.  Unless you're saying the official Powerball site is wrong, of course.

I think the problem may be that you're reading the page wrong.  The page says (for the recent 2+1 winners) 18,454  (3,608 with Power Play).  That means a total of 18,454 tickets matched the prize level, and 3,608 of those 18,454 tickets were played with Power Play.  (Meaning 14,846 were not played with Power Play.)

Does that ratio not make sense?  I just report what MUSL is telling me.

WTG Todd! (Just my way of saying Thank You!)

Thank You: Todd!

Approximately 20% of the winners in each category bought tickets with the Power Play option, but when calculating the percentage for 2+1 winners it came out to something like 46%. I guess it's possible that a higher percentage of 2+1 winners bought the Power Play option. Thanks for the explanation of how to read the page and the source of the data displayed there (Official Powerball Website).

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23261 Posts
          Posted: October 17, 2007, 7:39 am - IP Logged

WTG Todd! (Just my way of saying Thank You!)

Thank You: Todd!

Approximately 20% of the winners in each category bought tickets with the Power Play option, but when calculating the percentage for 2+1 winners it came out to something like 46%. I guess it's possible that a higher percentage of 2+1 winners bought the Power Play option. Thanks for the explanation of how to read the page and the source of the data displayed there (Official Powerball Website).

I'm not sure how you're calculating percentages, but when I calculate the percentage of 2+1 winners of who played Power Play, it comes out to 19.55%.