Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

pick 3 lottery card

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 9 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TEXAS
United States
Member #6125
August 7, 2004
144 Posts
Posted: October 21, 2007, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

greetings,

I was at the grocery store last week to play pick 3 and somebody gave me an laminated

pick 3 lotto card.... has anybody else received a such a card?

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: October 21, 2007, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Are you sure it wasn't a plastic sleeve that clerks give out to store your tickets?

If not, then they might be trying to save trees. A reusable, erasable card is a good idea. Those tree huggers are at it again....

What those tree huggers don't realize is that 90 percent of the oxygen comes from the algae on the surface of the oceans, not trees.

I'm sure most of them know this but if they fess up, the funding will stop. Al Gore and his doomsday cohorts know this too.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10391 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2007, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

pacattack05

One of the platic sleeves to keep your playslips and tickets in (and green lotto pencil - ATTN: Justxploring) wouldn't be a 'Pick 3' laminated card, would it?

Darn, when I saw flints's OP I was hoping it was a strategy card or something, like they have for blackjack - If dealer has a 9 and you have a 12, etc...

"If the middle digit was a 3 or a 7 on the mid-day 7 days ago, etc..."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2007, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss, I don't keep my pencil in the plastic sleeve.  I complete the form in black ink at home before I leave.  Don't want to be a counter hogger.

A laminated playslip or a laminated ticket?  Something that is laminated is only good if it's used for a long time.  Anyway, the playslip would never fit into the terminal!  There are plastic sleeves given to all the retailers for distribution to players so they can keep their slips protected from getting wet or bent.  It's also good advertising I suppose.  I keep my cards and my money in mine.  I'm one of the "go up to the counter, hand her my cards, pay, go" type people.  Sometimes I chat with the clerk if it's not busy, but otherwise I do what I'd want other players to do, not dilly dally at the counter.

Pac, I couldn't live in a world without trees.  I also disagree with you that they don't help the environment, although I do understand the process of photosynthesis and algae (as a layperson.)   In areas where there's been clear cutting, there are often problems with flooding, not to mention all the wildlife (squirrels, birds) that lost their homes.  I once worked in an office that had bad air quality and putting plants all around it made a big difference. 

I think we should be able to play numbers through a machine similar to an ATM.  That would take care of the interstate gambling rule or using a credit card to purchase tickets and it could be completely anonymous.  You go to a machine where there is a menu "Select game" and you press on the game you desire.  Then the numbers appear & you select them by touching the screen.  A confirmation says "You want to bet $1 on 1-2-3-4-5.  Press okay if correct."  Then you deposit your dollar, quarters or whatever it takes  (just like at the carwash, the post office, etc.)  You get a receipt with your bet. 

Now that I've written this, I guess there might be such terminals in other states.  yes?  I've read some threads on LP about self-service lottery terminals, but we don't have any in FL, at least where I live.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7343 Posts
          Posted: October 23, 2007, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss, I don't keep my pencil in the plastic sleeve.  I complete the form in black ink at home before I leave.  Don't want to be a counter hogger.

A laminated playslip or a laminated ticket?  Something that is laminated is only good if it's used for a long time.  Anyway, the playslip would never fit into the terminal!  There are plastic sleeves given to all the retailers for distribution to players so they can keep their slips protected from getting wet or bent.  It's also good advertising I suppose.  I keep my cards and my money in mine.  I'm one of the "go up to the counter, hand her my cards, pay, go" type people.  Sometimes I chat with the clerk if it's not busy, but otherwise I do what I'd want other players to do, not dilly dally at the counter.

Pac, I couldn't live in a world without trees.  I also disagree with you that they don't help the environment, although I do understand the process of photosynthesis and algae (as a layperson.)   In areas where there's been clear cutting, there are often problems with flooding, not to mention all the wildlife (squirrels, birds) that lost their homes.  I once worked in an office that had bad air quality and putting plants all around it made a big difference. 

I think we should be able to play numbers through a machine similar to an ATM.  That would take care of the interstate gambling rule or using a credit card to purchase tickets and it could be completely anonymous.  You go to a machine where there is a menu "Select game" and you press on the game you desire.  Then the numbers appear & you select them by touching the screen.  A confirmation says "You want to bet $1 on 1-2-3-4-5.  Press okay if correct."  Then you deposit your dollar, quarters or whatever it takes  (just like at the carwash, the post office, etc.)  You get a receipt with your bet. 

Now that I've written this, I guess there might be such terminals in other states.  yes?  I've read some threads on LP about self-service lottery terminals, but we don't have any in FL, at least where I live.

"I think we should be able to play numbers through a machine similar to an ATM.  That would take care of the interstate gambling rule or using a credit card to purchase tickets and it could be completely anonymous."

Race tracks with off-track betting have that type of machines that take cash or you can get a ticket voucher from the betting window. You can bet the horses in California or the dogs in Florida from a track in West Virginia, Ohio, or Pennsylvania. Each track gets a percentage of the profits. State lotteries could do the same thing.

"Now that I've written this, I guess there might be such terminals in other states.  yes?"

Many years ago Ohio experimented with self-play terminals but they still needed another terminal with a cashier to pay winners. They would come in handy when the Mega Millions or Powerball jackpots were high, but for the most part they were dust collectors.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5759 Posts
            Posted: October 23, 2007, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Hi everybody. I'm a long time lurker/reader, new member because it seems this site has people who like to help each other. This post caught my attention. Texas does have self serve terminals, but I hardly use them because it seems like everytime I do there is a problem getting mt tickets. Anybody else in Texas have this problem.

rcb 

TEXAS
              United States
              Member #6125
              August 7, 2004
              144 Posts
              Posted: October 23, 2007, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

I received a chart showing how to predict the next winning number....

i would post it on here but i dont know how...

anyway its something like this...

you find the previous winning numbers in a section of the chart and you somehow connect with the

other numbers for the next number you think will be drawn

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                51098 Posts
                Posted: October 23, 2007, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

I received a chart showing how to predict the next winning number....

i would post it on here but i dont know how...

anyway its something like this...

you find the previous winning numbers in a section of the chart and you somehow connect with the

other numbers for the next number you think will be drawn

The Chart you are describing sounds similar to the Chart discussed in this thread:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/156195/1

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: October 24, 2007, 1:11 am - IP Logged

Hi everybody. I'm a long time lurker/reader, new member because it seems this site has people who like to help each other. This post caught my attention. Texas does have self serve terminals, but I hardly use them because it seems like everytime I do there is a problem getting mt tickets. Anybody else in Texas have this problem.

rcb 

Welcome to Lottery Post rcbbuckeye!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5759 Posts
                    Posted: October 24, 2007, 10:04 am - IP Logged

Thank you.

BTW, I like yo read your blogs, there is a lot of common sense in what you write.

rcb