Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Online gambling ban to cost the US $100b

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #2338
September 17, 2003
2063 Posts
Posted: October 22, 2007, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2200929/faces-100bn-fine-web-gaming-ban

Looks like the idiots in congress and the White House are going to cost us $100 billion for making online gambling illegal. I think it should come out of the pockets of everyone who voted for the ban first. I also have no idea why my previous post on this subject was locked. Last time I checked purchasing online lottery tickets is a large percentage of sold tickets in those countries that do it. 

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: October 22, 2007, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Well, according to the Neocons, $100,000,000,000 is a small price to pay to keep Americans pure from the evil of gambling.

(insert signature here)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: October 22, 2007, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

"Panelists at a trade forum leveled harsh criticism at the US, focusing on a burgeoning trade clash between the US and Europe over Internet gaming.

The forum believes that the US could be liable for up to $100bn in trade concessions to European industries after placing illegal discriminatory trade restrictions on European gaming operators."

Sounds more like the Europeans are the ones losing $100B, the US is only going to lose it if it pays them what they think they lost without the US market.  If they had come up with a way for the US government to track those transactions for taxes they would probably still have access to the US market.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: October 24, 2007, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

shows how stupid the leaders of this country are.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: October 25, 2007, 8:11 am - IP Logged

shows how stupid the leaders of this country are.

I Agree!  The European operators missed the boat....The ban would never have happened if the operators had lobbied our politicians and left some folding green on the politicians desks

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
            Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: October 25, 2007, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  The European operators missed the boat....The ban would never have happened if the operators had lobbied our politicians and left some folding green on the politicians desks

Yes, they are stupid, because they are too greedy, same as the state lotteries are here, they might had sent some "donations", either under or on the table, some "heavy" donations as they were making way too much money.

They wanted either all or nothing and got nothing.

C’est la vie!

There is still plenty of legal gambling. 

mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
              Member #391
              June 8, 2002
              16078 Posts
              Posted: October 25, 2007, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

"Panelists at a trade forum leveled harsh criticism at the US, focusing on a burgeoning trade clash between the US and Europe over Internet gaming.

The forum believes that the US could be liable for up to $100bn in trade concessions to European industries after placing illegal discriminatory trade restrictions on European gaming operators."

Sounds more like the Europeans are the ones losing $100B, the US is only going to lose it if it pays them what they think they lost without the US market.  If they had come up with a way for the US government to track those transactions for taxes they would probably still have access to the US market.

Isn't this what it is all about TAXES!

Sure, if the U.S. can regulate it then they can tax it, I got no problem with paying taxes on winnings.

But as a side note to the idiots in Washington, for every dollar that I win on on-line gambling, guess where I spend it! Right here in the U S of A, that creates jobs and stimulates the econmy which is MORE than what you are doing. Maybe I should run for congress, NOT I've got to much sense for that.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: October 25, 2007, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Sure, if the U.S. can regulate it then they can tax it, I got no problem with paying taxes on winnings.

But as a side note to the idiots in Washington, for every dollar that I win on on-line gambling, guess where I spend it! Right here in the U S of A, that creates jobs and stimulates the econmy which is MORE than what you are doing. Maybe I should run for congress, NOT I've got to much sense for that.

same here.

i have no trouble paying taxes if it came to that.i only got to wager online a short time but i really had fun and made a good chunk of cheese in the process.i miss it.i had a ball doing it but some dorky dumbasses decided mine and others fates by making it harder on us.most of those idiots are no longer in power.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                  Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #1303
                  March 27, 2003
                  1508 Posts
                  Posted: October 25, 2007, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

same here.

i have no trouble paying taxes if it came to that.i only got to wager online a short time but i really had fun and made a good chunk of cheese in the process.i miss it.i had a ball doing it but some dorky dumbasses decided mine and others fates by making it harder on us.most of those idiots are no longer in power.

Neither side of the aisle is full of roses as far as I'm concerned.  They're all in it for themselves. So be careful.....yours is the kind of briefcase that they love to see left behind their desk....

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: October 25, 2007, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

The government wasn't worry about what you would win and neither was the Europeans who figured they would be taking $100B out of the US economy tax free.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                      Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: October 26, 2007, 2:33 am - IP Logged

The government wasn't worry about what you would win and neither was the Europeans who figured they would be taking $100B out of the US economy tax free.

I Agree! , You seem to be the one who has it right!