Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 3:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

In Indiana why be playing powerball?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2007, 10:05 am - IP Logged

This occured to me.  Why would you be playing Powerball in Indiana right now when you have a game like Hoosier Lotto (yes even though I know the other payouts are crappy).  The expected valued of a $1 is actually more than $1.  When this happens you should play that game.  I mean this upcoming drawing the jackpots are almost identical but one has a higher cash option and not only that has such better odds of winning the jackpot. If I was playing $5 and $5 on each before my whole $10 now would be on Hoosier.  There is such a huge advantage to play all the numbers right now its crazy that no investment people took the challenge yet.  haha

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: October 28, 2007, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

If you had a system suitable for hitting a pick5 vs nothing for a pick6, it would sway you toward PB. If you are just playing QuickPick, then HoosierLotto has better raw odds of you winning something.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19902 Posts
      Posted: October 29, 2007, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

This occured to me.  Why would you be playing Powerball in Indiana right now when you have a game like Hoosier Lotto (yes even though I know the other payouts are crappy).  The expected valued of a $1 is actually more than $1.  When this happens you should play that game.  I mean this upcoming drawing the jackpots are almost identical but one has a higher cash option and not only that has such better odds of winning the jackpot. If I was playing $5 and $5 on each before my whole $10 now would be on Hoosier.  There is such a huge advantage to play all the numbers right now its crazy that no investment people took the challenge yet.  haha

There is such a huge advantage to play all the numbers right now its crazy that no investment people took the challenge yet. 

After that foreign investment team won the Virgina lottery a few years back when it had a similar situation, most states changed their rules so no one group could get enough terminal time to play all the combinations for one drawing.  That group tied up three terminals for three days and were only trying to enter eight millions combinations.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking