Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

rebecca paul needs to be fired

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

does rebecca paul need to be fired from the tennessee lottery?

yes she needs to be fired [ 33 ]  [82.50%]
no she needs to keep her job [ 3 ]  [7.50%]
not sure [ 4 ]  [10.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2007, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

after all the screw ups that have happened what do you think?

malfunctioning RNG....

wrong prize amounts printed on tickets...

phone sex hotline number on ticket....

giving false information or misleading the lottery players....

not owning up to mistakes and refusing to pay even though those mistakes were not player fault.....

showing commercials that show balls even though tennessee is RNG....

ANYTHING ELSE?

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #1303
    March 27, 2003
    1508 Posts
    Posted: October 28, 2007, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

malfunctioning RNG....

not owning up to mistakes and refusing to pay even though those mistakes were not player fault.....

ANYTHING ELSE?

She's your Lottery Commissioner, right?  So to me it's no different than a (non-owner) CEO.  The head of an organization is where the buck stops.  THey are ultimately responsible for everything that goes on, regardless of whether or not she hired all the incompetents that seem to work at the TN LC.

So to me, yeah, she needs to be fired.

She could always get a job somewhere in politics as an elected offical.  Seems to me, she'd fit right in over in Washington.  She knows how to tap dance, make excuses, and speak in ways that spin everything, in addition to already having the belief that all the "little people" are incredibly stupid.

Sounds like perfect Congressional material to me.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
      West Side of Sunny Florida
      United States
      Member #55048
      September 8, 2007
      3371 Posts
      Posted: October 28, 2007, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

malfunctioning RNG....

ANYTHING ELSE?

Wow, thats alot of crap to mess up! I bet you will find out that she had an ownership interest in the phone sex company that got all those calls!!

Shocked

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1953 Posts
        Posted: October 28, 2007, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

malfunctioning RNG....

ANYTHING ELSE?

I wouldn't say she needs to be FIRED. I think that would be over the top. She obviously didn't program the RNG to not allow doubles, the wrong prize amount issue is completely negligible as it's not a big deal at all, and I doubt she herself personally made the phone sex hotline appear on the tickets. I know a lot of people are quick to say this person should be fired, or that person should be fired, but that's why most people aren't in a management position. So many people want to come off as the "big boss", but they don't realize they're taking away that person's income, the income that pays the bills and puts food on the table.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Member #0
          January 1, 2000
          0 Posts
          Posted: October 28, 2007, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

She's your Lottery Commissioner, right?  So to me it's no different than a (non-owner) CEO.  The head of an organization is where the buck stops.  THey are ultimately responsible for everything that goes on, regardless of whether or not she hired all the incompetents that seem to work at the TN LC.

So to me, yeah, she needs to be fired.

She could always get a job somewhere in politics as an elected offical.  Seems to me, she'd fit right in over in Washington.  She knows how to tap dance, make excuses, and speak in ways that spin everything, in addition to already having the belief that all the "little people" are incredibly stupid.

Sounds like perfect Congressional material to me.

I Agree!

This is what,the third or fourth state lottery that she's worked for?Looks to me like she is just using these different state lotterys as stepping stones to something a whole lot bigger.I think its time she is cut off at the knees before she reaches whatever position she has her eye on.

Dr Lottery's avatar - 10847
            Albany,Georgia
            United States
            Member #45615
            August 24, 2006
            2135 Posts
            Posted: October 28, 2007, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

malfunctioning RNG....

ANYTHING ELSE?

Rebecca Paul was about to get fired from Georgia Lottery when she was in charge of it.By letting family know when the trip 777 was going to fall Georgia Had a pay out on the trip 777 for about 27 million the highest pay out in Ga cash three trip History I also got paid close to    150K I wish she was back in Georgia letting us HIT .I tell you what lets swap we will give you all Maraget and we will take Rebecca Back and maybe we will finally have a mega millions winner here in Georgia. belive it or not Rebecca is not all that bad she might seem to screw up but what about the rest of this scam the lotteries are doing how about the computerise states you don't stand a chance we have a live ball drawing here in Georgia if they every go to computerise drawing I will stop playing and several thousand more !!

One day I will Hit BIG!!

JAP69's avatar - alas
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #6
              November 4, 2001
              8790 Posts
              Posted: October 28, 2007, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

WHY

A proven leader will see to it that the problems are found out why and fix them.

WHATT

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23260 Posts
                Posted: October 28, 2007, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

malfunctioning RNG....

ANYTHING ELSE?

I would say even more important than those things (although going to RNG cannot be topped for ineptitude) is the fact that when the heat started coming on strong, she ordered a $90,000 audit THAT DID NOT INCLUDE WHAT WENT WRONG.

That is the coup de grâce for me.  It is utterly ridiculous, and the legislature  thought so too.  So they were forced to start their own investigation — in addition to the $90,000 KPMG audit. 

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                  Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #1303
                  March 27, 2003
                  1508 Posts
                  Posted: October 28, 2007, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't say she needs to be FIRED. I think that would be over the top. She obviously didn't program the RNG to not allow doubles, the wrong prize amount issue is completely negligible as it's not a big deal at all, and I doubt she herself personally made the phone sex hotline appear on the tickets. I know a lot of people are quick to say this person should be fired, or that person should be fired, but that's why most people aren't in a management position. So many people want to come off as the "big boss", but they don't realize they're taking away that person's income, the income that pays the bills and puts food on the table.

And that is the risk you take when getting a position in an organization, be it high or low.  If you don't want to risk being fired, go into business for yourself.  We're talking here about where the ultimate responsibility falls in an organization.  And it falls on the shoulders of the highest management in that organization.  We have become too wimpy and also conniving as a society.  Today, CEOs that are heads of companies that are nearing collapse are being given million dollar bonuses while cutting the jobs of hundreds of people who actually do the work to make up for their own poor performance.  That is ludicrous

Nobody guarantees you a job in America.  It is not a right .  You make it or fail it based upon your performance.  Not only does she need firing, but also the people who are directly responsible for their incompetent non-performance that lead to these disasters.

There is no such thing as someone in an organization that cannot be replaced.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23260 Posts
                    Posted: October 28, 2007, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

And that is the risk you take when getting a position in an organization, be it high or low.  If you don't want to risk being fired, go into business for yourself.  We're talking here about where the ultimate responsibility falls in an organization.  And it falls on the shoulders of the highest management in that organization.  We have become too wimpy and also conniving as a society.  Today, CEOs that are heads of companies that are nearing collapse are being given million dollar bonuses while cutting the jobs of hundreds of people who actually do the work to make up for their own poor performance.  That is ludicrous

Nobody guarantees you a job in America.  It is not a right .  You make it or fail it based upon your performance.  Not only does she need firing, but also the people who are directly responsible for their incompetent non-performance that lead to these disasters.

There is no such thing as someone in an organization that cannot be replaced.

I Agree!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                      Beautiful Florida
                      United States
                      Member #5709
                      July 18, 2004
                      20108 Posts
                      Posted: October 28, 2007, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Have you honestly gotten your information about her from this post or some other area Guru? She didn't have to do anything personally , she is the head of the Lottery, so SHE and she alone are responsible for her actions not someone else.

SHE wasn't doing her job, as to oversee what is going on, she's responsible . No one is taking away her income except herself, and she's doing that by being incompetent .! She's taking away from the education system by having a $90,000 audit for absolutely nothing, by a company that is totally incompetent as is SHE, they were the state auditors here in N.J. before they were let go.

So, it is not over the top by saying SHE needs to be fired period. You were hired to do a job, either do it right or suffer the consequences.   PERIOD..........!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #48725
                        January 7, 2007
                        1953 Posts
                        Posted: October 28, 2007, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

Have you honestly gotten your information about her from this post or some other area Guru? She didn't have to do anything personally , she is the head of the Lottery, so SHE and she alone are responsible for her actions not someone else.

SHE wasn't doing her job, as to oversee what is going on, she's responsible . No one is taking away her income except herself, and she's doing that by being incompetent .! She's taking away from the education system by having a $90,000 audit for absolutely nothing, by a company that is totally incompetent as is SHE, they were the state auditors here in N.J. before they were let go.

So, it is not over the top by saying SHE needs to be fired period. You were hired to do a job, either do it right or suffer the consequences.   PERIOD..........!

I'm a big supporter of diversity in the workplace. You say she should be fired, but that is actually the first instinct of poor business management that is plaguing today's business's around the entire world. People are so quick to think that someone should be fired to solve a problem instead of looking at the big picture and finding the ORIGIN of the problem and fixing the problem there. For example, if an employee of 1 year at an organization has been showing poor performance ever since they were hired, but that person thinks they've been doing a good job, do you think management should just hop to finding a replacement, taking away this person's source of income? I certainly wouldn't think that right away because the person who trained that person might have left out many tips that person could use to improve productivity by a lot. Firing the person could only serve as a temporary solution, especially if the new person is trained by the same individual who trained the last person. I wish more people would realize that it's not all about discipline when it comes to fixing a problem in a business. Management in business's today need to start implementing more VERBAL COMMUNICATION in their business's and start TALKING to ALL their employees instead of firing someone everytime something goes wrong.

Gonna win.Big Smile

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: October 28, 2007, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

We "fire" Presidents every four to eight years. We don't always get something better.

Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #55255
                            September 20, 2007
                            24 Posts
                            Posted: October 28, 2007, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

malfunctioning RNG....

ANYTHING ELSE?

I'm from Ga and Tennessee lured Rebecca from Ga. They wanted her so bad. Now that things are not going so good you want her fired. Please send her back to Ga. When Rebecca was here I could win at least once a week. You can so have that woman up there now. It's really something to win once in three or four months. All ways remember you can jump out of the frying pan into the fire. You never know what is coming next.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                              Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11338 Posts
                              Posted: October 29, 2007, 7:25 am - IP Logged

you georgians love her but what if she would changed your draws to RNG?