Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Right this minute,, I challenge everyone

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 9 years ago by tntea.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2007, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

I challenge everyone, 

Email TN and complain about the drawings.. Right this minute.  It only takes a second.

www.tnlottery.com

Go to contact...

Complain.... let them know how you feel.  Tell them you refuse to buy any type of lottery ticket in TN until things get right...

Can I count on you?

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
    Member #10720
    January 23, 2005
    933 Posts
    Posted: October 28, 2007, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

I'm in nj. If I complain they're going to think I'm playing illegally online! I would rather complain they should KEEP IT the way it is, none of those annoying doubles, triples, etc. that wreck my best algorithms, in fact bring the same thing to nj so I can have breakeven odds!

LaFollette, TN
      United States
      Member #54790
      August 29, 2007
      24 Posts
      Posted: October 29, 2007, 11:52 am - IP Logged

I challenge everyone, 

Email TN and complain about the drawings.. Right this minute.  It only takes a second.

www.tnlottery.com

Go to contact...

Complain.... let them know how you feel.  Tell them you refuse to buy any type of lottery ticket in TN until things get right...

Can I count on you?

I'm sorry, but emailing the TN Lottery headquarters is the LAST thing you want to do.   You'll gain no ground there.

If you want your voice heard, take it to the TOP.

Senator Jason Mumpower is the man that will be heading up the investigation into the lottery, and if it should/shouldn't be changed.

Write to:  mumpower@legislature.state.tn.us

It will do a lot more good if the man with his finger on the "button" gets swamped.  (I've already sent mine.. )

Pete 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23260 Posts
        Posted: October 29, 2007, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry, but emailing the TN Lottery headquarters is the LAST thing you want to do.   You'll gain no ground there.

If you want your voice heard, take it to the TOP.

Senator Jason Mumpower is the man that will be heading up the investigation into the lottery, and if it should/shouldn't be changed.

Write to:  mumpower@legislature.state.tn.us

It will do a lot more good if the man with his finger on the "button" gets swamped.  (I've already sent mine.. )

Pete 

Very good point.  However, I believe you should do both.  As a quasi-government agency, the Tennessee Lottery is probably required to keep track of all correspondence, so the fact that they get a million complaints could be a good thing when someone does an investigation or open records request.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10345 Posts
          Posted: October 30, 2007, 10:19 am - IP Logged

Not playing is the strongest message that could be sent and the one the Tenn. lottery would pay more attention to, everyone not playing, or at least enough people "boycotting" the Tenn. lottery that they felt it.

Until then, "the only game in town" mentality will prevail by the lotto.

"Where you going, Clancy?"

"To the post office to snail mail this lettert to the Tennessee lottery, they've really got me upset." 

"You going to get some lotto tickets on the way back?"

"Well yeah."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: October 30, 2007, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your comments about
            the new draw system.

Many factors went into making the decision to switch to the new type
            drawings, driven mainly by the facts that the Lottery is charged with
            maximizing revenues for the education programs funded and insuring the
            security and integrity of our games. Renewing contracts with TV stations
            and rising production costs would have cost approximately $5 million
            more each year. These drawing systems are a trend in the lottery business
            -- 13 other states use for these type drawings; 41 states use for one
            of more drawings; Powerball is developing similar system for the Power
            Play portion of their drawing

Latest email response I got  from complaints...

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: October 30, 2007, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your comments about
              the new draw system.

Many factors went into making the decision to switch to the new type
              drawings, driven mainly by the facts that the Lottery is charged with
              maximizing revenues for the education programs funded and insuring the
              security and integrity of our games. Renewing contracts with TV stations
              and rising production costs would have cost approximately $5 million
              more each year. These drawing systems are a trend in the lottery business
              -- 13 other states use for these type drawings; 41 states use for one
              of more drawings; Powerball is developing similar system for the Power
              Play portion of their drawing

Latest email response I got  from complaints...

If PB starts using the computerized system for the power play portion, I urge everyone not to buy the power play.  They will make sure the number is low one if they feel that there is a lack of sell in lotto tickets ...

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: October 30, 2007, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Very good point.  However, I believe you should do both.  As a quasi-government agency, the Tennessee Lottery is probably required to keep track of all correspondence, so the fact that they get a million complaints could be a good thing when someone does an investigation or open records request.

Good point Todd.

I continue to email daily and getting people in this area to open up email accounts to do just that.

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: October 31, 2007, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

There is something fishy again with the TN lottery...

last five draws contained

ABA.... What is the likelihood of this..

Something programmed in that computer....

Rebecca is making splash again....

Email them now..

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: October 31, 2007, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

Good point Todd.

I continue to email daily and getting people in this area to open up email accounts to do just that.

Since the cost of creating an e-mail account is ~ $0.00, the question (from the lottery's point of view) becomes ...

If they get 5,000 e-mail complaints, is that 5,000 legitimate individuals or five crackpots with an agenda and some mailing software? How are they to tell the difference?

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                      Member #5344
                      June 30, 2004
                      23641 Posts
                      Posted: October 31, 2007, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

Are you suggesting snail mail?

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: October 31, 2007, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Are you suggesting snail mail?

Well ... you've got to admit that mailbag-courtroom scene from Miracle on 34th Street was impressive. Wink

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                          Beautiful Florida
                          United States
                          Member #5709
                          July 18, 2004
                          20108 Posts
                          Posted: October 31, 2007, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

E-mailed and also wrote to your Senator....!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: October 31, 2007, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Maddog10

I believe contacting the tv station and letting them know you will not view their station as long as they are showing those make-believe drawings for TN..