Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Any Lotto Winners?

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Lotterologist.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #56095
November 2, 2007
2 Posts
Posted: November 2, 2007, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone ever won the lotto here? If so give some details (i.e. state, how much, how numbers were picked, any tips)?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10388 Posts
    Posted: November 2, 2007, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone ever won the lotto here? If so give some details (i.e. state, how much, how numbers were picked, any tips)?

Do a search for this type of topic.

Briefly, as far as a major jackpot, no, or they're not saying (and for very good reasons).

And if someone was, why would they give out the info, such as amount, on the internet, and more importantly, why do you want to know?

This being your first post makes your question highly suspicious.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      50955 Posts
      Posted: November 2, 2007, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the great introduction!

Maybe This Will Help!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
        Member #55246
        September 20, 2007
        225 Posts
        Posted: November 2, 2007, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

That's a No No,

anyway,

Welcome to the lottery post, lottofanatic!

Member #0
          January 1, 2000
          0 Posts
          Posted: November 2, 2007, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

I seriously doubt if anyone here has hit a jackpot in the lottery.There are probably some who have won major prizes,though.As for me,I'm still hoping to win a jackpot in either the Mega Millions lottery or the Powerball lottery.When I win I will be glad to answer your questions (like I'm gonna have a choice) at the press conference immediatly following my win.As a matter of fact,I have been practicing my winners speech.When asked what I will do with my windfall,my answer will be "ANY DAMN THING I WANT!"

United States
            Member #56095
            November 2, 2007
            2 Posts
            Posted: November 2, 2007, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Do a search for this type of topic.

Briefly, as far as a major jackpot, no, or they're not saying (and for very good reasons).

And if someone was, why would they give out the info, such as amount, on the internet, and more importantly, why do you want to know?

This being your first post makes your question highly suspicious.

Geez, sorry if I offended anyone...  I do not see how this is a highly suspicious question.  I am not asking for anyone's name and address... Just wondering if anyone has ever won because I hear of people winning, but have never actually known someone who has... so sometimes I wonder if people ever do win!  I was just curious if anyone has a way that they pick numbers and have won (I did not say the win had to be the jackpot)!!

Lighten up people!

And general FYI to everyone, I think we can all be considered "gamblers" here if we take a chance at playing the lotto, so you must have a problem if you know where that link is (to whoever it was that posted that message)! Wink 

rteague's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
              North Carolina
              United States
              Member #54608
              August 24, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: November 2, 2007, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Hello and welcome lotto

if you will search around,read some threads,and maybe follow one that pertains to the state and lottery you're playing, I can tell ya for sure you will pick up some good tips and ideas..there are a lot of very good predictors and teachers on this site

and again welcome to the LP !!!!

rt

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10388 Posts
                Posted: November 2, 2007, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Geez, sorry if I offended anyone...  I do not see how this is a highly suspicious question.  I am not asking for anyone's name and address... Just wondering if anyone has ever won because I hear of people winning, but have never actually known someone who has... so sometimes I wonder if people ever do win!  I was just curious if anyone has a way that they pick numbers and have won (I did not say the win had to be the jackpot)!!

Lighten up people!

And general FYI to everyone, I think we can all be considered "gamblers" here if we take a chance at playing the lotto, so you must have a problem if you know where that link is (to whoever it was that posted that message)! Wink 

lottofanatic

Among the many things you'll find discusions about here are thoe about TV documentaries on the lottery, on A & E and TLC.

Some are pro - How the Lottery Changed My Life- some are con - The curse of the Lottery.

In one of those they showed how a jackpot winner was hounded by anyone and everyone, and was receiving bags and bags and bags of mail addressed to:

Lottery Winner 

Town, State

So you can imagine if anyone ever hit "the big one" and on top of that kind of hassle also posted it on a discussion board.  

We've also had someone post here and claim to have won a million dollars and within two replieis someone else eas telling him "You need to be sharing that- with me!"

(In fact that poster has recentl posted asking hat happened to the winner).  

So you can unserstand the reluctance for people to post a jackpot win, and being leery of first posts asking such questions.

Stick around, you'll learn a lot.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                  Member #41383
                  June 16, 2006
                  1969 Posts
                  Posted: November 3, 2007, 4:05 am - IP Logged

Cool

TexasDreams's avatar - Trek ROMSYM2.gif
                    Houston, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #56457
                    November 19, 2007
                    55 Posts
                    Posted: November 19, 2007, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

I never one the "big" jackpot but through my employment I new two people that won the Texas Lotto. They both bought Quick Picks and basically still live the life they had before winning, except they are debt free, have new cars and homes.

A few years ago, billionaire Warren Buffett advised  "Investors should remember that excitement and expenses are their enemies. And if they insist on trying to time their participation in equities, they should try to be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful."

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7340 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2007, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

"how numbers were picked,"

I know a guy that hit a 5/36 pick-5 game for $100,040 by keying 3 numbers that were significant to him on 5 tickets with 10 other numbers.

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
                        Constitutional Money Is Real Money
                        Brick City
                        United States
                        Member #1216
                        March 3, 2003
                        1780 Posts
                        Posted: November 19, 2007, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

Lighten up people!

Your are the one who needs to lighten up LF...

If your curious, look around first. Do a search or two. It makes people wary when you pop up out of  nowhere and ask the equivalent of "Hey Buddy, can you lend me twenty bucks?"

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
                        Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
                        (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
                        Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
                        himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3502 Posts
                          Posted: November 20, 2007, 1:50 am - IP Logged

Your are the one who needs to lighten up LF...

If your curious, look around first. Do a search or two. It makes people wary when you pop up out of  nowhere and ask the equivalent of "Hey Buddy, can you lend me twenty bucks?"

Damn right. There's not a chance in hell a suspicious and prying question like that could have been the equivalent of "Hey, is there any useful info here?  Can I learn anything or is this all just a waste of time?"

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                            Member #41383
                            June 16, 2006
                            1969 Posts
                            Posted: November 21, 2007, 1:24 am - IP Logged

You asked five questions, and they are somewhat 'fair' questions, but the most answers you will get is two:

1) yes/no (you are looking for a 'yes', 'no' is not an option for you, correct ?)

2) state - does not matter

3) how much - does not matter

4) that's a fair question

5) see 4) - tips for what ?  I could give you tips all day long, but as soon as I do, there will be fifty people coming on telling me what  full-of-baloney crackpot I am.  Nobody needs the aggravation, and that's why you don't see very many tips given in any detail. 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23345 Posts
                              Posted: November 21, 2007, 9:02 am - IP Logged

You asked five questions, and they are somewhat 'fair' questions, but the most answers you will get is two:

1) yes/no (you are looking for a 'yes', 'no' is not an option for you, correct ?)

2) state - does not matter

3) how much - does not matter

4) that's a fair question

5) see 4) - tips for what ?  I could give you tips all day long, but as soon as I do, there will be fifty people coming on telling me what  full-of-baloney crackpot I am.  Nobody needs the aggravation, and that's why you don't see very many tips given in any detail. 

You don't see many tips in detail?  Are you kidding?

This site has more detailed tips posted in its 100,000+ pages than any other lottery site on the internet.  Detailed tips are posted every day by the extremely generous members here.

Yes, there are some people who are paranoid that the states are somehow going to manipulate the lottery results if they post their system online, but fortunately most people see past that obvious leap in logic and share their methods, systems, and numbers with their fellow lottery fanatics.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!