Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The dreaded slump--:(

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 9 years ago by jarasan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #10438
January 13, 2005
431 Posts
Posted: November 5, 2007, 8:47 am - IP Logged

Man!!  I've been in slumps before but not like this its been months with a few scrathers for even money being about the best ..... totally bumming me out  No Pity!So throw your good luck charms in this post and change this downward spiralI Agree!  Because I need itHat

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
    Harbinger
    D.C./MD.
    United States
    Member #44103
    July 30, 2006
    5583 Posts
    Posted: November 5, 2007, 8:58 am - IP Logged

I can relate, I am in a one off cycle that is frustrating, for eg. Sat. 7384 fell in MD. I had 7394 for $15, ouch, and this is but one, there are numerous more.  Here is the joojoo, 

"Sala hala chicken dinner the codman needs a winner!".

Jack-in-the-Box

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
      A long and winding road
      United States
      Member #17084
      June 10, 2005
      4532 Posts
      Posted: November 5, 2007, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Sending good luck and MUCH good fortune to all who are experiencing the bout of the down cycle. Still going thru it myself so I'm rowing that boat right with ya's!!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

rteague's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        North Carolina
        United States
        Member #54608
        August 24, 2007
        1181 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2007, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Man!!  I've been in slumps before but not like this its been months with a few scrathers for even money being about the best ..... totally bumming me out  No Pity!So throw your good luck charms in this post and change this downward spiralI Agree!  Because I need itHat

hey codmander...i've been there done that...relax,play your gut feeling numbers..go thru the day with the don't care if ya win attitude,and don't THINK about it so much...trust me i went ALL of September with out a hit...and was spending more than a $1 a night...quiet a bit more (lol)..

then October rolled around and BAM, 4 hits the 1st week..

hang in there, i'm pullin for ya   Thumbs Up

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1954 Posts
          Posted: November 5, 2007, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Good luck to you and me!

Gonna win.Big Smile

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49813 Posts
            Posted: November 5, 2007, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Getting out of a slump is not difficult, though it often requires persistence. Most people either don't realize what they have to do to reverse a slump, or they are not willing to do it.

Here is the formula for getting out of a slump:
            1. Do something:
            People in a slump spend most of their time worrying, ruminating, and planning. They suffer from "analysis paralysis". They become so obsessed making their next step perfect, they never take it. You can only reverse a slump through action, so you've got to act... now!
            2. Do more:
            Decide how much activity you think you really need to get fully out of your slump. Then do at least twice that amount. Do more of what's working, less of what's not working. Don't just forge ahead blindly. Evaluate the results of each effort.
            3. Keep doing it:
            Don't give up to early. Not everything you try will work. If you try one thing, then a second, then a third, and they all fail, do you give up? No. You try something else. Eventually one thing works OK. Another works better. And before you know it, you're well on the road to turning your situation around.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
              Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5583 Posts
              Posted: November 5, 2007, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

Getting out of a slump is not difficult, though it often requires persistence. Most people either don't realize what they have to do to reverse a slump, or they are not willing to do it.

Here is the formula for getting out of a slump:
              1. Do something:
              People in a slump spend most of their time worrying, ruminating, and planning. They suffer from "analysis paralysis". They become so obsessed making their next step perfect, they never take it. You can only reverse a slump through action, so you've got to act... now!
              2. Do more:
              Decide how much activity you think you really need to get fully out of your slump. Then do at least twice that amount. Do more of what's working, less of what's not working. Don't just forge ahead blindly. Evaluate the results of each effort.
              3. Keep doing it:
              Don't give up to early. Not everything you try will work. If you try one thing, then a second, then a third, and they all fail, do you give up? No. You try something else. Eventually one thing works OK. Another works better. And before you know it, you're well on the road to turning your situation around.

I Agree! 

That is excellent advice!