Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NC Lottery question

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Greensboro, NC
United States
Member #21429
September 8, 2005
14 Posts
Posted: November 11, 2007, 9:03 am - IP Logged

Should you be lucky enough to win the Powerball in NC, can you claim it with a blind trust or do you have to be identified?  I looked at their rules but that left me even more confused. They say they consider your name, address, county, etc to be public record unless the winner produces a valid protective order or Address Confidentiality Program authorization card.  What the heck does this mean. I don't mean to be stupid, but it still didn't tell me if I can remain unidentified w/a Blind Trust.

Thanks!

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8363 Posts
    Posted: November 11, 2007, 11:38 am - IP Logged

Apparently what is meant by this : They say they consider your name, address, county, etc to be public record unless the winner produces a valid protective order or Address Confidentiality Program authorization card.

like when you have a protective order for someone who might be harassing you.

You might call the lottery HQ and ask them. Or if you win contact an attorney and ask him to draw up your anonymity papers or claim trust.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: November 11, 2007, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

"They say they consider your name, address, county, etc to be public record unless the winner produces a valid protective order or Address Confidentiality Program authorization card."

As usual the rules give just enough information to suggest you seek the advice of a professional before claiming a large prize.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7314 Posts
        Posted: November 11, 2007, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Apparently what is meant by this : They say they consider your name, address, county, etc to be public record unless the winner produces a valid protective order or Address Confidentiality Program authorization card.

like when you have a protective order for someone who might be harassing you.

You might call the lottery HQ and ask them. Or if you win contact an attorney and ask him to draw up your anonymity papers or claim trust.

"if you win"

And with odd of 146 million to 1, that is a pretty big "if".