Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 6:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Kentucky Cash Ball question.

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Guru101.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1958 Posts
Posted: November 15, 2007, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

I looked on the KY Lottery website for the amount of the top prize for Cash Ball. It says $200,000 for matching 4+1, but it doesn't have any type of description for a case where there are multiple winners of the top prize. For example, on the 3 Line Lotto page, it's top prize description states: "If there is more than one jackpot winner, the prize is divided among all winners". Also, the Hoosier Lottery also has a description for Mix & Match's top prize that states "If 3 or more single lines among all winning tickets match all 5 numbers drawn, $400,000 will be divided evenly among those winners". The Cash Ball page doesn't have this type of description. The reason I'm asking is because I would like to know if someone was to match 4+1, but they played that same set 5 times, does that mean they won $1,000,000? If Cash Ball's top prize has a rule about splitting the top prize, I think the KY Lottery website should list it. I might start playing that game.

Gonna win.Big Smile

rteague's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    North Carolina
    United States
    Member #54608
    August 24, 2007
    1181 Posts
    Posted: November 15, 2007, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

some states Guru you're correct 1 ticket or 5 tickets correct it's a SHARED amount...however there are a few states that pay "per" ticket the top amount..I actually read a story once,i think it may have been Virginia where a person hit the cash5 jackpot and had 5 seperate tickets and got the jackpot 5 times...good question,but check it out there may be no need to buy the same number more than once,unless you're gonna split the jackpot with yourself...lol 

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3502 Posts
      Posted: November 16, 2007, 1:38 am - IP Logged

It's apparently a fixed prize rather than a jackpot. If they say it pays a fixed amount and they don't say that multiple winners share that amount it seems pretty clear that it's not normally a pari-mutuel prize. I'll guarantee that there's some fine print that says something about the official rules, and that the official rules allow them to pay a limited amount in unusual circumstances. There may be a regular limit of $1 million, and I can promise that if 100 people win by playing numbers from a fortune cookie they won't all be getting 200 grand.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1958 Posts
        Posted: November 16, 2007, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Ok, I sent them an email askin them this question. Here was their response:

Dear Guru101, each person that plays Cash ball and have the winning top prize numbers will win the top prize of $200,000 up to $1 million. If  the total number of top prizes exceeds 5, the $1 million will be shared equally among the number of top prize winners. Maximum top prize liability is $1 million for each drawing. Thanks for playing the Kentucky Lottery.

I'm glad I found out.

Gonna win.Big Smile