Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Thanksgiving Travel - Will You Play State Lotteries Along the Way?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Rainmaker101.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

How many different state lotteries will you play while traveling to the in-laws this Thanksgiving?

None. I'm not traveling [ 19 ]  [57.58%]
None. I don't play lotteries in other states. [ 2 ]  [6.06%]
1 or 2 [ 5 ]  [15.15%]
3 to 5 [ 5 ]  [15.15%]
6 to 10 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
11 - 20 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
21 - 30 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
31 - 40 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
All 50 baby! [ 1 ]  [3.03%]
Not sure. Depends on the $$$ of each jackpot. [ 1 ]  [3.03%]
Total Valid Votes [ 33 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
Member #50124
February 26, 2007
601 Posts
Posted: November 16, 2007, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the idea, FRBL.

I voted for none, I'm not traveling.  I'd consider making a trip to Oregon but I don't see any good jackpots over there at the moment. 

United States
    Member #38908
    May 7, 2006
    27 Posts
    Posted: November 17, 2007, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Thank YOU, Lucky Lily for putting this together.  I answered 3-5.  I am going from Philly to Cleveland and wil take a small detour on the way back via the northern panhandle of West Virginia. I may make a side trip to Michigan, too, while in the Land of Cleves.

Usually, I play Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland and occasionally Virginia.  Oh, and sometimes New York. 

If I ever win Powerball I hope it is with the Delaware tickets - option to stay anonymous, don't you know!Thumbs Up

Same thing with MegaMillions in Ohio.  I think I can get 26 or 52 daws at a time in Ohio, so that can cover me until my next visit there.

I seem to have the most luck with my occasional Virgina tickets - both scratch-off and numbers games.   I miss Lotto South!  My worst luck is in PA and NJ.

If I ever win I am retiring early and moving like a flash to the Estern Shore of Maryland.  I LOVE the Chesapeake and have a slice of heaven already picked out.  No, I am not telling you exxcatly where - part of the charm is that few people know about this paradise yet - and I want to keep it that way!  One thing that makes it so charming  - the locals wave at you as they pass you on the road from the opposite direction.  And teh waitress at one of teh only two restauarants calls everyone "deary".  My only fear woudl be being forever perceived as a "come-here" and a Yankee one at that!

Good luck, everyone - and travel safely to your destinations and back home, too!

Happy Thanksgiving! 

I wanna die in my sleep - like my grandfather. 

Not screaming and yelling - like the passengers in his car. Confused

United States
      Member #50124
      February 26, 2007
      601 Posts
      Posted: November 18, 2007, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Green laughat buying tickets in Delaware for the anonymity.  I won some airline tickets once, and I seriously considered using them to fly to Delaware to buy Powerballs.  Yes, Powerball is available in my state, but anonymity isn't. 

BTW, I did talk myself out of that foolishness.  Instead I sold the tickets for a few hundred bucks and bought a couple extra PBs at home. 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2007, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

You were lucky, since many prizes like airline tickets have rules about selling them and nowadays it's kind of tough to hide your identification when flying.

I'm glad you changed your mind, Lilly.  That would have been really crazy. 

United States
          Member #50124
          February 26, 2007
          601 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2007, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

You were lucky, since many prizes like airline tickets have rules about selling them and nowadays it's kind of tough to hide your identification when flying.

I'm glad you changed your mind, Lilly.  That would have been really crazy. 

Well, my moniker is LuckyLilly.  LOL  The tickets hadn't actually been issued yet.  What I won was a voucher good toward 2 roundtrip tickets on a certain airline.  They don't have a person's name on them, and AFAIK can always be transferred/sold.

Yes, making that trip would have been crazy.  Considering the long odds on winning the PB in the first place.  Plus I'd have felt obliged to buy a whole lot more tickets than I normally do since since it would be a waste to buy 2 tickets after I had travelled so far.  Yep, would have been a whole bunch of money wasted, I'm afraid.  As it turned out, I had a couple extra powerballs, plus a couple hundred extra in my savings account.

Southwest Florida
            United States
            Member #56183
            November 6, 2007
            75 Posts
            Posted: November 23, 2007, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

On our family vacation this past summer, I did make it a point to stop at different state lottery retailers and buy a couple tickets at each state!  Patriot