Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ambivalence

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 9 years ago by bashley572.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: November 21, 2007, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Last night I bet

2-10-19-22-28

winning number drawn

3-10-19-22-28

2 out of 5 paid $9

5 out of 5 (no winners Tues) = $269,000 

Feeling (1) -  I am so happy I won something. $9 will buy my Lotto tickets tonight and maybe I'll get some quick picks.  Nice to get a hit once in a while! Smiley

Feeling (2) - I can't believe that I would have won $260,000 more had I chosen 3 instead of 2 and 20 instead of 22.  This is so frustrating!  Sad

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10345 Posts
    Posted: November 21, 2007, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

In lotto the number that doesn't hit is "worth its weight in gold" literally.

you have to wonder though, if you had 3 instead of 2 20 instead of 22 (but you show 22 as one of the winners), would it still have been a solo pop, or how many others had the nuimbers you played - and was it a QP?

Congrats on an awful close call! (But see my sig!)

Smile

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: November 21, 2007, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for noticing.  I made a typo - I didn't get 4/5 which would have paid about $800 since nobody hit the 5/5.

Winning numbers were

3-10-19-20-28   (not 22)

I had

2-10-19-22-28

That number 22 is always in my head!!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: November 21, 2007, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Oh, you got about the same thing the rest of us get

1) a few bucks and/or some QPs Roll Eyes &

2) another chance to practice our expletives Clown

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: November 21, 2007, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for noticing.  I made a typo - I didn't get 4/5 which would have paid about $800 since nobody hit the 5/5.

Winning numbers were

3-10-19-20-28   (not 22)

I had

2-10-19-22-28

That number 22 is always in my head!!

Congrats anyway Just....getting 3of5 in our Pick 5 game here would only get you $2

Two cups of coffee, almost.  So 9 bucks aint bad.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10345 Posts
            Posted: November 22, 2007, 12:21 am - IP Logged

It's contagious!

For 11-21-07 I played

2  12  13  22  28

The drawing was

2   3 17  22  28

Illinois pays $10 for 3 of 5

Here's where I got the numbers, these were the results for 11-20-07:

PLAYERS MATCHING 4 OF 5 NUMBERS            112
             EACH PLAYER WILL  RECEIVE               $100.00

PLAYERS MATCHING 3 OF 5  NUMBERS          3,113
             EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE                $10.00

PLAYERS MATCHING 2 OF 5 NUMBERS         33,228
             EACH PLAYER WILL  RECEIVE                 $1.00

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: November 23, 2007, 10:15 am - IP Logged

Last night I bet

2-10-19-22-28

winning number drawn

3-10-19-22-28

2 out of 5 paid $9

5 out of 5 (no winners Tues) = $269,000 

Feeling (1) -  I am so happy I won something. $9 will buy my Lotto tickets tonight and maybe I'll get some quick picks.  Nice to get a hit once in a while! Smiley

Feeling (2) - I can't believe that I would have won $260,000 more had I chosen 3 instead of 2 and 20 instead of 22.  This is so frustrating!  Sad

congrats...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: December 20, 2007, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

That's exactly what i saw LP predictors do countless time except that they didn't get 3/5 but 4/5 and 4/6...And it made me to believe that if they only knew how to build a wheel they could switch the numbers just a little and win all the time...Example, how will you feel if you know that you are going to spend 50 dollars and in those 50 dollars you are going to get a 3/5 and that the two numbers that you miss were going to be 12 and 18 and what had played was 11 and 17....This is why i've said that if you knew the intricacies of how to build a wheel you would have won the lottery a long time ago...

congratulation also...

Something i don't understand though, what does the word ambivalence got to do with all this...Are you saying that you are ambivalent toward the lottery for this occurrence?

"The Lotto Truth is Out There"          Taken from context of the movie "The X-Files"

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: December 20, 2007, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

That's exactly what i saw LP predictors do countless time except that they didn't get 3/5 but 4/5 and 4/6...And it made me to believe that if they only knew how to build a wheel they could switch the numbers just a little and win all the time...Example, how will you feel if you know that you are going to spend 50 dollars and in those 50 dollars you are going to get a 3/5 and that the two numbers that you miss were going to be 12 and 18 and what had played was 11 and 17....This is why i've said that if you knew the intricacies of how to build a wheel you would have won the lottery a long time ago...

congratulation also...

Something i don't understand though, what does the word ambivalence got to do with all this...Are you saying that you are ambivalent toward the lottery for this occurrence?

"The Lotto Truth is Out There"          Taken from context of the movie "The X-Files"

however i have to admit that this system is for pick6, not much for pick5...

I once went to a chinese restaurant and they gave me the lucky crackers ticket, the lucky charm piece of paper had some numbers written down on it...That same night i check it with my state's pick5 and it had played the day BEFORE...

how unlucky..

question Juxploring: how many tickets did you buy? And how many tickets do you normally buy...

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: December 20, 2007, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

How can 2/5 pay 9 dollars...Someone sure could make a killing with those 2/5...LIke get himself a killer wheel that guarantees 2 of 5...

"More important than winning the state's lotteries is the movie "Red Planet"......"

Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: December 25, 2007, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

How can 2/5 pay 9 dollars...Someone sure could make a killing with those 2/5...LIke get himself a killer wheel that guarantees 2 of 5...

"More important than winning the state's lotteries is the movie "Red Planet"......"

I don't understand, Pumpi.  How can someone make a killing with 2/5?  I've got to go back and read the posts to see how many typos I made.  3/5 paid me about $9  2/5 pays a Free Ticket. 

Edit:  My mistake - gosh, I did it again!  2 numbers in Fant 5 pays a Free ticket.  3/5 pays around $10 (depending on the amount of players/winners)  I understand the game and the payoffs, but for some reason I'm typing the wrong information! 

Anyway, last night I won a Free Ticket with a Free Ticket!! At least I'm not spending a dollar.  However, impulse buying is why they give players a Free Ticket.  Just like standing in the checkout aisle, people have a tendency to buy more than 1 ticket, or if they don't feel like playing that evening might go to the store anyway thinking "Well, I've got this Free Ticket sitting in my wallet."

So let's say you were talking about 3 numbers out of 5.  $9 isn't a lot of money, at least not here.  If you won a few tickets a day, it would be nice.  Even 1 or 2 a day would cover gas and meals.  But it would be a lot of work to "make a killing" getting $9 a win.  I wouldn't mind, however, if I could get 10 of those a day or $90 cash (no tax!)   

So, although I still don't believe in systems or wheels, that does makes more sense than shooting for the huge jackpots if there was really a way to guarantee to come out ahead all the time.  In the end, we usually don't however. 

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                        mississippi
                        United States
                        Member #34478
                        March 3, 2006
                        5903 Posts
                        Posted: December 25, 2007, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Congrats anyway Justxploring..you got a little bit..and that is always better than None..but hang tough..maybe your day is getting closer..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19821 Posts
                          Posted: December 25, 2007, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

The Ohio Rolling Cash5 (5/39 game), pays $1 for a 2/5.  Since the odds of getting a 2/5 are 1:9, if a 2/5 paid $9, one could play for practically nothing until they won the jackpot.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19821 Posts
                            Posted: December 25, 2007, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

I don't understand, Pumpi.  How can someone make a killing with 2/5?  I've got to go back and read the posts to see how many typos I made.  3/5 paid me about $9  2/5 pays a Free Ticket. 

Edit:  My mistake - gosh, I did it again!  2 numbers in Fant 5 pays a Free ticket.  3/5 pays around $10 (depending on the amount of players/winners)  I understand the game and the payoffs, but for some reason I'm typing the wrong information! 

Anyway, last night I won a Free Ticket with a Free Ticket!! At least I'm not spending a dollar.  However, impulse buying is why they give players a Free Ticket.  Just like standing in the checkout aisle, people have a tendency to buy more than 1 ticket, or if they don't feel like playing that evening might go to the store anyway thinking "Well, I've got this Free Ticket sitting in my wallet."

So let's say you were talking about 3 numbers out of 5.  $9 isn't a lot of money, at least not here.  If you won a few tickets a day, it would be nice.  Even 1 or 2 a day would cover gas and meals.  But it would be a lot of work to "make a killing" getting $9 a win.  I wouldn't mind, however, if I could get 10 of those a day or $90 cash (no tax!)   

So, although I still don't believe in systems or wheels, that does makes more sense than shooting for the huge jackpots if there was really a way to guarantee to come out ahead all the time.  In the end, we usually don't however. 

Winning is only part of the story.  It's how you feel when you think you've won. 

I always check my play file with the data file on my computer before highlighting the  numbers on my tickets and one time I made a mistake and added the winning numbers to my play file while updating my data file and when I checked my play file I thought I had won the jackpot.  I was shaky and nervous as if I had really won for about 5 minutes until I checked my tickets.  I didn't win anything but I knew how it felt to actually win. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Wandering Aimlessly
                              United States
                              Member #25360
                              November 5, 2005
                              4461 Posts
                              Posted: December 28, 2007, 2:56 am - IP Logged

Oh, so very true RJOh!   I knew I didn't win tonight when I saw the numbers, but I gasped. So close again.  I just won another $10.50.   I didn't bet the same numbers, but I kept 2-19-28 which were 3 of the 5 that were drawn.