Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Off the wall strategies or just wasting time?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Rainmaker101.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
Member #48046
December 7, 2006
1699 Posts
Posted: November 24, 2007, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Coin Toss is right,   There is no  "Tricking the computer",   or.... psyching out the terminal,  Because if you think about it, after you get your ticket, there's still a whole hour to wait.

Could be that kosmic sometimes has a problem making up his mind

or

Got off work late,  and it kinda 'just ends up that way'   that they're in the store at the last minute.

And yea.... I've missed 1 or 2 draws,   because i've caught a train on the way to the store.

Southwest Florida
    United States
    Member #56183
    November 6, 2007
    75 Posts
    Posted: November 24, 2007, 11:38 am - IP Logged

Quote by Coin Toss:"3 & 4. Someone buying $60 in quick picks needs to call GA!, if you mean $60 a day or a drawing. That's $6,240 a year for MM or PB, that is way over "recreational play".  Just my $.02.

Granted everything lotto is relative to one's bankroll, but half a large a month is half a large a month."

First, what does call GA mean?

Second, who asked your opinion about $60 for recreational play?  This thread's topic has no reference to whether or not $60 is acceptable for recreational play or not!BS

Last, I'm not trying to be ungrateful because I do appreciate everyone's input. But, questioning what someone wants to do with their money (without being asked) is not really anyone's business.  Stick to the topic at hand! 

Thanks!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: November 24, 2007, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

None of those things matter really. The only thing that matters is that you have the right numbers!! LOL   Best of luck to you!! 

I agree. However, sometimes I like to spilt my tickets up and get them at different stores. I don't know why I just do. lol.

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
        Lotto City, Michigan
        United States
        Member #36256
        March 30, 2006
        1472 Posts
        Posted: November 24, 2007, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

I'm wondering if these things matter when playing any lootery game:

1. Does it matter what store you buy your tickets from?  Like, are there any odds for or against certain lottery retailers...volume, last time someone won there, etc

2. What time of day is best to purchase the tickets?  Like, waiting till the machine is ready to close before buying them or just anytime...

3. If you were spending say $60 in quick pics, would you buy them all at the same time?

4. If you were buying $60 in quick pics, would you be better off getting 60 individual tickets, 5 on a sheet or 10 on a sheet?

5. Does it matter what city you buy the tickets at?  For example, if you live in XYZ city and work in QRS city, does it really matter what city the tickets are purchased in?  Are some areas more likely to win than others?

I know this may sound kinda dumb, but, I have found myself going to different stores in different areas and spending like $10 at each place.  I'm just wondering if there is any sense to me continuing to do this or am I just wasting time and money (especially at $3.40 per gallon!)?

In otherwords, is it okay to be yourself while playing the lottery?

As long as you're happy, then keep doing what you do.

Good Luck! Thumbs Up

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10348 Posts
          Posted: November 24, 2007, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Rainmaker101

You said:

"I'm just wondering if there is any sense to me continuing to do this or am I just wasting time and money (especially at $3.40 per gallon!)?"

Hello - you're the one asking about playing $60 in tickets in while at the same time complaining about the price of a gallon of gas, therefore I don't feel my comments were out of line at all.

In fact...

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: November 24, 2007, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Hello, Rainmaker.

Since you asked - GA stands for Gambler's Anonymous.  $60 a day is quite a lot of money, even $60 a week if you aren't getting any positive results.  However, in response to "who asked your opinion about $60 for recreational play?"I see the point Coin Toss is trying to make since you mentioned that gas is expensive.  So when you brought that up, I also had the same reaction he did.  After all if $60 a day is "recreational" gambling then you wouldn't be concerned about an extra few gallons of gasoline, right?

To stick to the subject as you requested, my opinion is that it's all about luck - being in the right place at the right time.  But how would anyone know where that magic spot is since the lottery drawing is an event that hasn't yet happened?  I mean, to answer "Yes" would be like saying the results are predetermined, as if a store or city has been chosen to be the next winner.

However, I do the same thing as you and go to a variety of locations, although I don't go out of my way to do so since there are many retailers in this area, probably 30 (or more) within 10 miles including convenience stores, supermarkets, liquor stores, gas stations, etc.  If you are asking if I would drive to Miami where there seems to be a disproportionate number of jackpot winners, my answer is a definite NO.  However, whenever I'm in a different area, I try to pickup one or two tickets just for variety. But to drive 100 miles for a shot at a 23 million to 1 jackpot would be really crazy (at least in my opinion) 

Southwest Florida
              United States
              Member #56183
              November 6, 2007
              75 Posts
              Posted: November 25, 2007, 1:33 am - IP Logged

Justxploring, thanks for answering my question about "GA" and your input to my initial topics.Smiley

The thing that is really annoying about Coin Toss assuming that I spend $60 for recreational play is:

1. I never said that I play $60 a day, week, month or even year!

2. What I said was: "If you were spending say $60 in quick pics...".  I never said that I do, will or have.  Notice, what I actually said was"if YOU were..."!

2. It is still no one's business! 

3. No matter how far I drive and where I go or even how much money I spend on the lottery, $3.40 per gallon is a rip-off!  Even when I win the lottery, $3.40 still could be a rip-off (maybe gas will be $4 gallon by thenEek).

4. Since I work in one town and live in another, I was just curious.  I would not consider going out of my way, other than making an extra stop or two on the way to or from work.

I'm sorry for ranting, but, it gets frustrating when your thread gets cluttered by assumptions by people who like to read between the lines rather than the lines themselves!Rant