Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 8:41 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

<< How to win >>

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #56606
November 26, 2007
2 Posts
Posted: November 26, 2007, 12:57 am - IP Logged

Only works if you have millions to exploit the lottery with.

The lottery is up to 230Million. A multi-millionaire, who has been waiting for the lottery to get up this high for a long time, assembles a team, calculates the odds of 1 in 23,000,000 to 1 in 25,000,000, and begins.

He plays 30,000,000 tickets at over a 60 million dollar investment.

Within 15 hours, his team has the tickets with secure transportations and the best times with the least wait. Millions of tickets per hour are purchased.

If he loses, he can sue the state lottery for reporting false odds after he loses 60Million. Biggest case in history, all over the news.

The numbers come up, his team goes through 30,000,000 tickets (Guaranteed winner in there or multiple winners.), he collects his prize, and has turned a profit overnight in less than 24 hours - one of the biggest business moves in American history.

If he takes the lump sum, he loses half, now he only gets 115Million.

After state and federal taxes, he still turns a profit of MILLIONS in 24 hours including the cost of gas, transportation, security, the team, and misc. expenses that come along with the project.

If the lottery is at 260Million, he makes more.

300Million, more.

Would be interesting if he lost and the odds of the lottery were being falsely reported. Even if it was accident, he or she would have 30Million tickets as proof of purchase as well as all of the store owners present at the time of purchase. Can't forget someone who spent that many thousands of dollars on tickets that quick.

I've contacted a multi-millionaire and spoke to him directly on the phone. We signed contracts at a law office with my lawyer and his lawyer present and I will recieve a total of 1.5Million dollars when the Jackpot gets to over 200Million in any state.

Please don't assassinate me for exploiting the lottery and providing 4 different millionaires with this information + thousands of people on this forum.

Thank you.

:::bows::::

United States
    Member #56606
    November 26, 2007
    2 Posts
    Posted: November 26, 2007, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Just kidding about contacting a millionaire. lol.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: November 26, 2007, 3:15 am - IP Logged

You are forgetting one main thing:

Not all tickets are mutually exclusive.

Meaning: if they sold 146 million tickets, that is NOT 146 million DIFFERENT combinations, so the odds ARE there, nobody can sue anybody for anything.

You have ANY clue how many folks have the SAME birthday ?

Or how many folks work #3 and #8 into their numbers ?

Or #24 and #48 into theirs ?  (think nascar), or #12, #18, and a few other famous pro athletes' numbers, like #23.

And, I think there are rules against having a syndicate play the lottery - and that is exactly what you are describing - because a syndicate did exactly that a few years ago - and won.   Then new rules were put into place.  I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10390 Posts
        Posted: November 26, 2007, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Guesser is right, it was the Virginia lottery and since then there are rules about tying up terminals.

There's a few flaws in the scenario in the OP:

There's an assumption of a solo hit. Nothing can ever guaranteee one and only one winner.

No one with $30,000,000 is going to risk it on a lottery.

No state lottery is going to advertise false oods, all anyone has to know is the matrix (field of numbers to choose from) and how many you need to hit to win the jackpot and the rest is math. There's plenty of people here on LP that can figure the odds with those two bits of information.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7343 Posts
          Posted: November 26, 2007, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Guesser is right, it was the Virginia lottery and since then there are rules about tying up terminals.

There's a few flaws in the scenario in the OP:

There's an assumption of a solo hit. Nothing can ever guaranteee one and only one winner.

No one with $30,000,000 is going to risk it on a lottery.

No state lottery is going to advertise false oods, all anyone has to know is the matrix (field of numbers to choose from) and how many you need to hit to win the jackpot and the rest is math. There's plenty of people here on LP that can figure the odds with those two bits of information.  

I read where that group that bought out the Virginia lottery had a half million playslips they didn't get to play. Can you imagine had the winning set of numbers had been on one of those playslips?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19900 Posts
            Posted: November 26, 2007, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Just kidding about contacting a millionaire. lol.

With only two posts so far, I doubt if anything you've posted should be taken seriously.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #56608
              November 26, 2007
              39 Posts
              Posted: November 26, 2007, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Even if 2 people hit, he or she can still break even after the cost of the project as long as the lottery is over 230Million and they don't choose the lump sum option.

And remember, he or she doesn't really have to play 30,000,000 numbers if the odds of getting the winning ticket are 1:23,000,000

No millionaire would go for it unless the lottery was close to 300Million anyway.

Like when jack whittaker won over 300Million. Lost it all in 4 years. Lives in an apartment now.

Just a thought.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3112 Posts
                Posted: November 26, 2007, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't spend my own $30 million that way, but what about forming a corporation and selling stock for the express purpose of raising money to play the lottery? 

With filtering one could get the game down to a million to a million point five combinations most likely to win, could be, maybe. As president of the company I'd make sure I got paid first win or lose.

LOL

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19900 Posts
                  Posted: November 26, 2007, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't spend my own $30 million that way, but what about forming a corporation and selling stock for the express purpose of raising money to play the lottery? 

With filtering one could get the game down to a million to a million point five combinations most likely to win, could be, maybe. As president of the company I'd make sure I got paid first win or lose.

LOL

BobP

A few years ago there was a Canadian company that had a similar set-up.  They supposedly had a proprietary system that picked 300,000 lines to play in a Canadian 649 game that they claimed won the jackpot 50% of the time.  They sold shares in their pools for only $10,000 per game.  The last time I read about them, they have been declared a scam. LOL

Evil Looking       

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                    Member #5344
                    June 30, 2004
                    23641 Posts
                    Posted: November 26, 2007, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

I think I will just keep my 30Million in the bank..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3502 Posts
                      Posted: November 27, 2007, 1:53 am - IP Logged

With only two posts so far, I doubt if anything you've posted should be taken seriously.

You think anything will be different after another couple of hundred posts?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19900 Posts
                        Posted: November 27, 2007, 10:44 am - IP Logged

You think anything will be different after another couple of hundred posts?

Nope.  In his second post he says he was just kidding, so I assume that will be his last post.  He was just having some fun with what he perceived as the gullibility of lottery players who hang out at LP hoping someone will post a theory or strategy that will help them win a lottery jackpot.

Evil Looking