Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you think about this guy?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 9 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Entertaiment Capital
United States
Member #37800
April 19, 2006
302 Posts
Posted: November 26, 2007, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

http://www.mwillett.org/mind/lotterywin.htm

This guy is an avowed atheist and a skeptic. This guy basically claims that seeing lottery numbers in dream doesn't mean anything. I am an agnostic but I beg to differ. I think there's some kind of unknown mechanism that allows us to see the future through dreams, although it's a rare situation.

United States
    Member #56608
    November 26, 2007
    39 Posts
    Posted: November 26, 2007, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

How many times have questions like these been posted here? Just curious. He is right. If people could predict the numbers with their mind, then those people would be making millions and millions predicting other winning numbers for people for a fee. Books would be released about how to predict numbers or pictures with your mind. College students learning these mystical mechanism powers through courses to train your mind.

Someone saying "All of the people in the world who can do this or come close to it aren't like that and they don't want paid! they won't share the powers because it is special!" is suffering from denial and possibly other psychological issues, or just naive with a wild imagination.

Someone saying "It only works a small percentage of the time, but it does work! Its not all in our heads! I know people who have predicted numbers and won thousands! (or millions)" would have to agree that they too are all of the above after stepping outside of theirself and thinking about what they are claiming or opinionating.

I can predict winnings with magical powers, special abilities, dreams, and unbelievable instincts too. I'll buy a scratch off ticket after visualizing the winning ticket, the name, ect., just one, and bet that I win $10 on that ticket. I scratch it, and its a lose. I claim that "it doesn't always work, the environment has to be right, it takes focus and concentration" and a list of other excuses these types of people make.

Then I try it again and again, and on the 14th time my prediction is correct and I scratch off a $10 winner.

Then I come to the forum and sell everyone it works!

---^ All of the above is false.

Even if I would of got it on the 1st ticket or the 2nd ticket, it is luck, not dreams, visions, power of the mind, a mechanism, or anything else.

Proof? someone like me who picks a random ticket can call the winning just as easily has a big believer in this type of falseness.

There are no ways to predict winning numbers with your mind by using a power, vision, dream, technique, meditation, focus, clarity, or anything else.

Because if there was, it would work.

If there was, it would be taught how to do it. Can't keep something like that a secret. There would be 4 year training courses and people moving out to the mountains to develop their mind. The people who NATURALLY are BORN WITH THESE POWERS would step forward or get paid for predicting winning numbers.

They can't though.

Anytime that they have, was a delusion in their mind. Falseness.

Can't believe people still believe in things like that in 2008 (Close enough)

I guess fortune tellers are still making millions from the innocent and weak, naive minded though.

I'm not so crazy afterall.

United States
      Member #56608
      November 26, 2007
      39 Posts
      Posted: November 26, 2007, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

And I want to be the first to know when you find someone who claims to have won the jackpot for millions from a vision, dream, power, meditation, or other on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. time.

Provide name and year please, so I can go look it up online to see if they are a real winner.

Then I want an explanation of why he can't do it again so I can make you see that it was luck and had nothing to do with the dream.

Plus there is always the strong strong STRONG possibility of so-called-vision or mind power or dream or mechanism being the result of attention seeking.

TexasDreams's avatar - Trek ROMSYM2.gif
        Houston, Texas
        United States
        Member #56457
        November 19, 2007
        55 Posts
        Posted: November 26, 2007, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

I agree, but what about buying a large amount of tickets to increase your odds of winnings, I believe if you buy only one Mega Millions ticket its like 1:175000000 to win, but if you bought like 100 tickets its like 1:1750000, still a long shot but better odds of winning. So does anyone think this is better, meaning buying more to increase you potential to win?? ( I know this is a little off subject but I thought about it when I read mech2009 response)

A few years ago, billionaire Warren Buffett advised  "Investors should remember that excitement and expenses are their enemies. And if they insist on trying to time their participation in equities, they should try to be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful."

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: November 27, 2007, 1:28 am - IP Logged

There are no ways to predict winning numbers with your mind by using a power, vision, dream, technique, meditation, focus, clarity, or anything else.

Because if there was, it would work.

If there was, it would be taught how to do it. Can't keep something like that a secret. There would be 4 year training courses and people moving out to the mountains to develop their mind. The people who NATURALLY are BORN WITH THESE POWERS would step forward or get paid for predicting winning numbers.

They can't though.

Anytime that they have, was a delusion in their mind. Falseness.

Can't believe people still believe in things like that in 2008 (Close enough)

I guess fortune tellers are still making millions from the innocent and weak, naive minded though.

I'm not so crazy afterall.

Or you could not worry about it and let people have their own beliefs. Some people have seen numbers in their dreams and won big. I don't think I can post links because I am new, but do a google search and you will find that there have been people who have dreamed numbers, played them and won. Recently a woman in Canada saw some numbers in her dreams, and bought two tickets because of it and won. Just because you don't believe in such things doesn't mean it isn't true.

And on your last sentence...well, after reading your "wife" thread that could be debatable.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: November 27, 2007, 1:48 am - IP Logged

I think the guy is spot on. Sure, people dream numbers that win, but far more dream numbers that lose. You just don't get to read a lot of stories about the people who lose using dreams, or any other method. The number of people who win by using numbers they dream is much more likely to be a function of the percentage of people who play numbers from their dreams than the perecentage of dreams that  actually predict winning numbers. I can promise you that a day doesn't go by without several people winning pick 3 with dream numbers, but enough people play pick 3 that  you can be sure that thousands and thousands play dream numbers. While it's possible that there's some mechanism that allows us glimpses of the future, such specific visions don't happen anywhere near enough to be profitable.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: November 27, 2007, 2:31 am - IP Logged

FYI -  It's not a big deal to me, but in the future, this topic should be posted in the Mystical forum. Todd must be busy tonight or he would have already posted this.

Smiley

Ever see the X-Files?  Peter Boyle plays an insurance salesman who can see when & how people are going to die.  He sees glimpses of his own death.  The reason I am mentioning this show is that I believe if you do have the ability to see events that haven't yet taken place, then why would they only be about a specific thing like the lottery? I mean, would someone have a winning lottery number on 9/11/2001 but not see the WTC attacks?

People say that dreams are signs or warnings.  So if that's true, does that mean you can change the future?  You dream you are going to be in a car crash so you don't go out for a week.  You are safe.  Did the dream serve a purpose and save your life?  If so, then you couldn't possibly have dreamed about the future because it won't happen now, so it's not the future.

I'm not convinced that some people have the gift of precognition unless you believe that the future has already happened.  Then someone who sees the winning numbers isn't really dreaming about something that has never happened, but seeing what already happened before he gets to that place in time. 

I hope I don't sound sarcastic or flippant.  I'm really trying to sort this out.

johnph77's avatar - avatar
                CA
                United States
                Member #2987
                December 10, 2003
                832 Posts
                Posted: November 27, 2007, 4:52 am - IP Logged

From the above:

"You dream you are going to be in a car crash so you don't go out for a week.  You are safe.  Did the dream serve a purpose and save your life?"

You'll never know because you didn't drive. But there are those who believe that that had an effect.

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23260 Posts
                  Posted: November 27, 2007, 8:32 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Mystical forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10345 Posts
                    Posted: November 27, 2007, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

The fellow who came up with insulin got the idea from a dream.

The guy who invented the ssewing machine couldn't get it to work, then the answer to how to do it came to him in a dream. 

In the book Infinite Financial Fredom, What to Do Before and After You Hit The Lottery, the author, Bob anford, lists some ways jackpot winners came up with the winning numbers, among them were the serial number on a camera, the lot number on a box of donuts, and dream visits from a deceased grandfather.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: November 27, 2007, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

The fellow who came up with insulin got the idea from a dream.

The guy who invented the ssewing machine couldn't get it to work, then the answer to how to do it came to him in a dream. 

In the book Infinite Financial Fredom, What to Do Before and After You Hit The Lottery, the author, Bob anford, lists some ways jackpot winners came up with the winning numbers, among them were the serial number on a camera, the lot number on a box of donuts, and dream visits from a deceased grandfather.  

Yes, but is that just a coincidence?  The woman in the news article today who won $9 million when she was just a step away from losing her home prayed for money.  Did God send her the winning ticket or was she just lucky?  I mean, there has to be at least 10 million people every Saturday praying on their hands and knees, so why was she picked? 

Most people don't remember much about their dreams, which is why I find it so interesting that so many LP members write "I had a dream about..."  If you know about REM sleep and its various stages, then the people who are remember all these vivid colors & images must be waking up at the wrong time, like in the middle of a dream.  90% of the time, people wake up, go to the bathroom, and by the time the coffee is brewing, they forget everything except for a view vague symbols.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10345 Posts
                        Posted: November 28, 2007, 12:37 am - IP Logged

But do those 10 million people have a need of the same intensity hers was?

Remember the old jopke about the difference between praying in church and praying at the race track (or when watching the drawing)? At the race track you really mean it.  

Green laugh

One time we gave $100 to the Salvation Army bell ringer, went into the store, and on the way out plauyed a pick 4. At the time Illinois had something called Extra and for an dxtra $1 you got a set of numbers to match on your ticket, digit by digit. 

Each match number had a dollar amount under it, and if your number matched the match number you won that prize.

Well, the Pick 4 was 7222 and the Extra came out 7222!

The total prize on the Extra was - $100!

There was just something mystical to that and that's all there is to it.  

Real small scale, heck, minute, compared to this lady, but yeah, I see Divine Intervention in her case.

RE: dreams - dreams and hypnosis are two subjects that we still really know very, very little about.  What we do know is everyone dreams every night but for some unknown reason most people don't remember them.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          6537 Posts
                          Posted: November 28, 2007, 12:46 am - IP Logged

But do those 10 million people have a need of the same intensity hers was?

Remember the old jopke about the difference between praying in church and praying at the race track (or when watching the drawing)? At the race track you really mean it.  

Green laugh

One time we gave $100 to the Salvation Army bell ringer, went into the store, and on the way out plauyed a pick 4. At the time Illinois had something called Extra and for an dxtra $1 you got a set of numbers to match on your ticket, digit by digit. 

Each match number had a dollar amount under it, and if your number matched the match number you won that prize.

Well, the Pick 4 was 7222 and the Extra came out 7222!

The total prize on the Extra was - $100!

There was just something mystical to that and that's all there is to it.  

Real small scale, heck, minute, compared to this lady, but yeah, I see Divine Intervention in her case.

RE: dreams - dreams and hypnosis are two subjects that we still really know very, very little about.  What we do know is everyone dreams every night but for some unknown reason most people don't remember them.

That's a cool story. Yes Nod