Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

gambling online

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 9 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ontario
Canada
Member #56747
December 1, 2007
2 Posts
Posted: December 1, 2007, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Been reading the forums for a while now and really enjoy them! Thanks for all your insite!

I was wondering if anyone else had played on the online lottery i just found?  I actually bought my ticket this morning but No-one else i have talked to seem to have heard about it yet so i though i would ask here if anyone else has heard of/played with GBBO?

I've been looking for an online lottery for ages, I'm sick of playing our local one. There have been too many problems with tickets theift and the cut the government gets from it all is disgusting! This, to me, seems like a great idea, curious if anyone else played with them/heard about them before?

What did you think?

Thanks for the help!!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3104 Posts
    Posted: December 2, 2007, 2:15 am - IP Logged

Been reading the forums for a while now and really enjoy them! Thanks for all your insite!

I was wondering if anyone else had played on the online lottery i just found?  I actually bought my ticket this morning but No-one else i have talked to seem to have heard about it yet so i though i would ask here if anyone else has heard of/played with GBBO?

I've been looking for an online lottery for ages, I'm sick of playing our local one. There have been too many problems with tickets theift and the cut the government gets from it all is disgusting! This, to me, seems like a great idea, curious if anyone else played with them/heard about them before?

What did you think?

Thanks for the help!!

An online lottery that isn't directly connected to buying tickets in a government game is a sucker bet. 

You can play the Au. Oz lottery for as little as two plays for a dollar in a 6/45 game with 2 bonus balls that help you win. The only draw back is no 3# prize.  1 in 8 million or with bonus 1 in 678,755 and two tickets for a dollar cuts those odds in half.

On the other hand this GBBO is a 5/45 game with 2/11 powerballs that make it a littler harder to win. 1 in 67 million and two dollars or more per ticket doubles those odds to the dollar.

Prize structure

Prize Category

Main Numbers

Dream Numbers

Odds 1 in

Category 1

from

&

from

Category 2

from

&

from

Category 3

from

&

from

Category 4

from

&

from

Category 5

from

&

from

Category 6

from

&

from

Category 7

from

&

from

Category 8

from

&

from

Category 9

from

&

from

Category 10*

from

&

from

Category 11**

from

&

from

Overall

My advice is to find a game you can win.  Admittedly the Canadian ministry of plenty isn't handling their lottery very well, but if you have the sense to check your own numbers that pretty much takes care of the problem with retailers telling people they won 4# prizes and cashing in customer's larger tickets for themselves.

BobP

thewayforward's avatar - underground

Canada
      Member #56450
      November 19, 2007
      8 Posts
      Posted: December 2, 2007, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

I really have to disagree with you when you say an online lottery is a suckers bet. I did some research on this company and granted they are new but everyone has to start somewhere.

Personally i think this is a great idea. The odds of winning a prize are pretty decent and when a lottery is paying out 80% of what they are taking in how can you complain. To help put this into perspective you can look at lotto 6/49 in Ontario for a local reference where only 47% of the money is put into the prize pool, good old government!

I could not agree more about the ticket theft and even just losing a lottery ticket. The way GBBO is created this is not the case at all, a nice bonus of it being online.

Maybe the odds for winning the top prize are not great but lets face it if the odds were really good it kind of defeats the purpose. If you take this model and considered it can be played by the majority of people around the world I think it could be quite interesting to keep your eye on.

What does everyone else think of this?

thewayforward

mazie789's avatar - side smile.jpg
        Nasau, Bahamas
        Bahamas
        Member #3060
        December 19, 2003
        1212 Posts
        Posted: December 2, 2007, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

What is GBBO and do they play the pick 4 play 3 games

Lovies Hugs and Kisses

Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3104 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2007, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I really have to disagree with you when you say an online lottery is a suckers bet. I did some research on this company and granted they are new but everyone has to start somewhere.

Personally i think this is a great idea. The odds of winning a prize are pretty decent and when a lottery is paying out 80% of what they are taking in how can you complain. To help put this into perspective you can look at lotto 6/49 in Ontario for a local reference where only 47% of the money is put into the prize pool, good old government!

I could not agree more about the ticket theft and even just losing a lottery ticket. The way GBBO is created this is not the case at all, a nice bonus of it being online.

Maybe the odds for winning the top prize are not great but lets face it if the odds were really good it kind of defeats the purpose. If you take this model and considered it can be played by the majority of people around the world I think it could be quite interesting to keep your eye on.

What does everyone else think of this?

thewayforward

I predict when the GBBO has a jackpot winner it will be in a war zone or other equally inhospitable place impossible to verify. 

BobP

Canada
            Member #56450
            November 19, 2007
            8 Posts
            Posted: December 4, 2007, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

If you look at any registration page there is enough required information availiable to contact a person and verify them as a winner when combined with their payment information. I think another interesting way to look at it is through the payment methods. It is not possible for someone to sign up to any gambling/ lottery site without some kind of valid account to transfer funds. If someone has been able to set up an account it is not the responsibility of a third party to look into each account as they join.

As far as where a winner will be, I bet it will NOT be in a war zone. If you want to go on pure odds consider the availiability of the internet in said war zones, then consider it anywhere else in the world, the majority of internet availiability is not in war zones and therefore will demonstrate the majority of the playing population.

Does anyone know if it is even possible to get a bank to garuntee your jackpot without displaying the process behind how the business works/ how winners are given their money?

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
              Member #50124
              February 26, 2007
              601 Posts
              Posted: December 4, 2007, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

They won't even let me look at their website because "we can't allow residents of your country to participate in our games."

Canada
                Member #56450
                November 19, 2007
                8 Posts
                Posted: December 4, 2007, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

They won't even let me look at their website because "we can't allow residents of your country to participate in our games."

Hey Lilly,

You can thank your government for that one. They do have a demonstration website that I have been checking out when I am not overseas. I won't post the website due to forum rules but if you play outside of the states I suppose nobody could stop you.

On a bright note there is hope in the future that they will remove such laws and perhaps even give people the freedom back they always speak of.

thewayforward

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8362 Posts
                  Posted: December 4, 2007, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

http://www.lotterycanada.com/lottery/

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3104 Posts
                    Posted: December 5, 2007, 2:35 am - IP Logged

If you look at any registration page there is enough required information availiable to contact a person and verify them as a winner when combined with their payment information. I think another interesting way to look at it is through the payment methods. It is not possible for someone to sign up to any gambling/ lottery site without some kind of valid account to transfer funds. If someone has been able to set up an account it is not the responsibility of a third party to look into each account as they join.

As far as where a winner will be, I bet it will NOT be in a war zone. If you want to go on pure odds consider the availiability of the internet in said war zones, then consider it anywhere else in the world, the majority of internet availiability is not in war zones and therefore will demonstrate the majority of the playing population.

Does anyone know if it is even possible to get a bank to garuntee your jackpot without displaying the process behind how the business works/ how winners are given their money?

You are far too trusting.  They are paying out 80% of whatever they want to say they took in.  They are paying it to whoever they say won.  The winner's contact information will not be provided to you. As far as where the winner will be, that depends on whether the marketing strategy is working and they are making the bucks needed to cover the prize or whether the plan is to only pay small prizes and the big ones to non-existant people or family members. When there is no government connection or supervision and so much money involved the odds are they will go the way of other private online lotteries that took the money and ran. As interesting is WebMillion the one that had a winner and offered to pay over 50 years with a balloon payment at the end and then went out of business.  Maybe you don't remember the Big Lotto
                    http://www.flimflam.com/scam11.htm  BobP

Canada
                      Member #56450
                      November 19, 2007
                      8 Posts
                      Posted: December 5, 2007, 11:34 am - IP Logged

You are far too trusting.  They are paying out 80% of whatever they want to say they took in.  They are paying it to whoever they say won.  The winner's contact information will not be provided to you. As far as where the winner will be, that depends on whether the marketing strategy is working and they are making the bucks needed to cover the prize or whether the plan is to only pay small prizes and the big ones to non-existant people or family members. When there is no government connection or supervision and so much money involved the odds are they will go the way of other private online lotteries that took the money and ran. As interesting is WebMillion the one that had a winner and offered to pay over 50 years with a balloon payment at the end and then went out of business.  Maybe you don't remember the Big Lotto
                      http://www.flimflam.com/scam11.htm  BobP

I might be trusting but on the other side of things you are clearly not. Its a shame that there is such a lack of trust out there due to other lotteries in the past.

Your argument is interesting as you could apply this same logic to any company that is running on the internet.  Having contacted GBBO there prize stucture is paid out in full and not installments/ a balloon payment and this is garunteed by Lloyds of London.

Just as an aside if you want to talk about government connections or supervision why not take a trip back to 2001? Enron seems to come to mind here and their accounting firm Arthur Anderson. Clearly I do not think government's are the be all or end all.

Obviously we have different standings on this issue but if everybody took such a conservative approach to everything we would not see some of the great companies that are out there today! Why not wait and see what happens before you are so fast to pass judgement?

Dump Water Florida
                        United States
                        Member #380
                        June 5, 2002
                        3104 Posts
                        Posted: December 6, 2007, 1:00 am - IP Logged

I might be trusting but on the other side of things you are clearly not. Its a shame that there is such a lack of trust out there due to other lotteries in the past.

Your argument is interesting as you could apply this same logic to any company that is running on the internet.  Having contacted GBBO there prize stucture is paid out in full and not installments/ a balloon payment and this is garunteed by Lloyds of London.

Just as an aside if you want to talk about government connections or supervision why not take a trip back to 2001? Enron seems to come to mind here and their accounting firm Arthur Anderson. Clearly I do not think government's are the be all or end all.

Obviously we have different standings on this issue but if everybody took such a conservative approach to everything we would not see some of the great companies that are out there today! Why not wait and see what happens before you are so fast to pass judgement?

I'm not sure if I have the luck to have all six numbers or in this case 5+2 numbers correct in a lottery more then once and would like to be sure of being paid when I do.  I have the Enron movie and the who killed the electric car movie and while I agree with you on Enron and have used that example in the past, to me the cause of all such problems is greed.  That's the problem with the internet. A guy can make the same website sitting in his underware and say anything including guaranteed by Lloyds, WHO makes sure it is actually true for us?  Like the end of Tomb Raider where they say top scientists are studying it.  What scientists?  Top scientists! And it's really just sitting in a box in storage. I don't believe much of what I'm told anymore without some proof of bonifides, too many crooks out there.  I'm also not sure the market is there to support those prizes until the U.S. is allowed to play.  BobP