Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Let's play "What if"...

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 9 years ago by derek7.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10353 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2007, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Not exactly a poll, but what if you made a big score on a lottery game, any game, that isn't your favorite game or a game you usually play?

Would you switch to that game, would you only play that game,  or would you think that was nice and continue to play your favorite game, even though it's never payed you anything close to this kind of win?

Let's say you play your state Pick 6 and the prize is usually between 2 and 10 million, but on a whim you play a Win for Life scratcher, and win $50,000 a year for life. Would it be scratchers from then on for you, or would your Pick 6 play really increase?

I'm thinking of a parallel in sports betting here, where some people tend to do the best betting sports they're not really interested in. (Maybe because they can look at them more objectively and avoid "heart bets"?).  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
    nashville
    United States
    Member #49896
    February 18, 2007
    1181 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2007, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Not exactly a poll, but what if you made a big score on a lottery game, any game, that isn't your favorite game or a game you usually play?

Would you switch to that game, would you only play that game,  or would you think that was nice and continue to play your favorite game, even though it's never payed you anything close to this kind of win?

Let's say you play your state Pick 6 and the prize is usually between 2 and 10 million, but on a whim you play a Win for Life scratcher, and win $50,000 a year for life. Would it be scratchers from then on for you, or would your Pick 6 play really increase?

I'm thinking of a parallel in sports betting here, where some people tend to do the best betting sports they're not really interested in. (Maybe because they can look at them more objectively and avoid "heart bets"?).  

i would start playing that lottery game after i won a big prize but i wouldnt give up on winning my favorite lottery game even if i had never won. i know what you mean about sports betting because i won a parlay using hockey and baseball but normally i only play football and basketball so sometimes you have to take a chance with a new game or strategy.

derek7's avatar - speedykat
      IL
      United States
      Member #34578
      March 4, 2006
      198 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2007, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

There is a possibility that I would just stop playing. Period.

But if I play anyway, I would play my favorite one.

/Derek